Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I do not want to assume the time of death is definitely tied to the time of the truck burning, although you are probably right:
Truck found on fire near Dease Lake, B.C., followed by discovery of dead male

I was just wondering if there were any way LD could have been killed days before, instead of a full four days after CD/LF. What did BS/KM do during those four days?

That is a possibility, BUT I feel like his body would have been noticed and reported much sooner than it was if that were the case. Definitely a good train of thought though..

Alaskan? IMHO,you might be mistaken. The news site URL ends in .ca (Canada), and the news site's contact address is
9916-98th Street, Fort St. John B.C., V1J 3T8
Yeppers you're right.
That is from the Alaskan Highway news. Not from Alaska news.

This dog is definitely a Shepherd mutt of some sort. The mix is anyone's guess, but in my experience, I would say Shepherd/Staffordshire mix. Definitely not boxer as they are considered a brachycephalic breed which this dog most certainly shows zero traits of

Maybe the Presa Canario crossed with a German Shepherd.

Alaskan? IMHO,you might be mistaken. The news site URL ends in .ca (Canada), and the news site's contact address is
9916-98th Street, Fort St. John B.C., V1J 3T8

So a site specifically regarding the Alaska Highway would not be used by those who live in Alaska? Sounds reasonable to me but that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying it's a credible site information-wise, but that article was from July 16th.
Someone was asking. I was offering assistance.

Sorry, but I do not want to assume the time of death is definitely tied to the time of the truck burning, although you are probably right:
Truck found on fire near Dease Lake, B.C., followed by discovery of dead male

I was just wondering if there were any way LD could have been killed days before, instead of a full four days after CD/LF. What did BS/KM do during those four days?
I don't know I'm starting to lean towards they were driving by shot out the van window... Lucas came out ..things.. started to go crazy. Now have two dead... They robbed the van of any money and ID... them young men took off few hours up the road ... camped out ... wondered what the heck to do now ... Perhaps backtracked seen all the cops and stuff going on at the murder site .... Panic set in .... Back south they went ...
Maybe something happened to their pickup truck ... knew that they were in big heaps of trouble. Had to get a different vehicle ... went and stole LD Rav4 .... Perhaps ran him over to get away .... Again panicking even more and took off across the country. Ended up north of Gillam. Knew they couldn't turn back cuz there's only one Road in and one road out and there was already check stops up.
Off into the bush they went or hitchhike out of there.

That's just a theory filled with lots of holes I'm sure. But that's kind of where I'm leaning

I know nothing about Staffordshires other than those in my mother-in-laws hideous pottery collection. What is the temperament of this creature when fused with Shepherds? Fierce? Adorable? Crazy? (Pretty sure those are not approved breed designations.)

By the way, it's not a random question. Reports say dear CD's coffin was closed at the request of a family member and earlier reports relayed the abhorrence about the condition of her body when discovered. This suggests either a ballistic impact at close range or animal interference with her body after death or, is it possible, a fierce attack from a dog? (Theories only. MOO)

That's a bit of a gory question. Chynna's parents were advised to have a closed coffin funeral at the time they were notified of the death by RCMP victim services.

I doubt there was animal interference. They were shot by the Port Alberni suspects on the side of a highway sometime after 11:30PM on July 14. It does sounds like Chynna was shot in the jaw or that something was done to her face. I think animals would wait and watch for a while before eating people. Fortunately, the victims were discovered 5 or 7 hours later - no hot weather decomposition or animal activity.

So a site specifically regarding the Alaska Highway would not be used by those who live in Alaska? Sounds reasonable to me but that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying it's a credible site information-wise, but that article was from July 16th.
Most of the Alaskan Highway is in Canada. It goes through British Columbia and up through the Yukon and then head over to Tok Alaska west of the Border.

Most of the Alaskan Highway is in Canada. It goes through British Columbia and up through the Yukon and then head over to Tok Alaska On the Border.

Yes, I'm aware of that.
I was just offering a source that would be used in Alaska as well because people were asking about anything reported there on the 16th.

Asking because there has been some question regarding whether Canada released information about random highway murders fast enough. Given the location of the murders in relation to the Canada/USA borders, I assume everyone knew at the same time - even if one of the Alaska stations is Canadian. Thank you. It works.

Yes, I'm aware of that.
I was just offering a source that would be used in Alaska as well because people were asking about anything reported there on the 16th.
Sure I was just adding for readers about the highway information.
A beautiful but long drive. I've been up there many many number of times and back.

Lol thank you! And I only made my account because of reading the threads. SOOOO many smart people with good theories and intentions so I’m not even sure if I’m posting “properly” but I’m learning.
This is my opinion and I would say the majority of the locals agree (a lot of Facebook posts, word of mouth, etc)-this was SHOCKING. It does not happen around here! I know many people that either drove by the couple or stopped to offer help to them and they are all having a hard time, we all were and still are. “We” knew right away there was a connection to the Dease Lake murder as well so once we heard about that, we all felt safer (by safer I mean they were getting farther away from us). We are all crushed to have had this happen in our backyard and are cheering law enforcement on because we are quite confident they are correct.
I hope this helps, and like I said, I can’t speak for everyone but......

looks like you are posting just fine! You will learn all the little features as you go.

Thanks for answering, it's always nice to have the perspective from locals when things like this happen. :)

Sure I was just adding for readers about the highway information.
A beautiful but long drive. I've been up there many many number of times and back.

I have family up near the border. Have only done that drive once though unfortunately. I would love to go again sometime....well...I would have...not so sure anymore!

I have family up near the border. Have only done that drive once though unfortunately. I would love to go again sometime....well...I would have...not so sure anymore!
You can't let this one bad crappy situation deter you from enjoying Northern Canada. Especially up there.
The first time I went up there with many many many years ago and liard hot springs was all natural. You had to walk through the swamp Inus of it and a path to get to the hot springs part. Now it's a big tourist attraction and it's all done up with bathrooms and all of that. But I'll never forget that first time I went up there and it was all natural.
Up the Highway North a little bit we also went hiking to the river and waterfall. It was just absolutely stunning.
This is before all the tourist attraction stuff took off.
Thought I'd share a little memory :)

arah Kraus‏Verified account @SarahNKraus
We’re told this is the spot where Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky got stuck in @CityofColdLake on Sunday July 21. It’s next to a seniors home, a soccer field, and a backyard swimming pool that’s currently entertaining 4 kids.

EAv-84oUEAAwv1Z.jpg

1:18 PM - 30 Jul 2019 pst

I really like this photo as it's a good example of the teens following the "transmission line." This is not a road but service easement that's probably easier to navigate during the winter months.

This would be their mindset on Sunday, July 21-- just before they would arrive the Co-op in Meadow Lake where they were last seen on surveillance per RCMP.

MOO

That's a bit of a gory question. Chynna's parents were advised to have a closed coffin funeral at the time they were notified of the death by RCMP victim services.

I doubt there was animal interference. They were shot by the Port Alberni suspects on the side of a highway sometime after 11:30PM on July 14. It does sounds like Chynna was shot in the jaw or that something was done to her face. I think animals would wait and watch for a while before eating people. Fortunately, the victims were discovered 5 or 7 hours later - no hot weather decomposition or animal activity.

Quite certain there was no animal interference. I would lean to the type of gun used (I’m so sorry to say that, god bless them). And you can see the evidence markers behind the van that are the shells/casings. And you may or may not have seen the horrible picture that’s got around of the distance of their bodies to the van.....
Ugh, so heartbreaking!

I don't know I'm starting to lean towards they were driving by shot out the van window... Lucas came out ..things.. started to go crazy. Now have two dead... They robbed the van of any money and ID... them young men took off few hours up the road ... camped out ... wondered what the heck to do now ... Perhaps backtracked seen all the cops and stuff going on at the murder site .... Panic set in .... Back south they went ...
Maybe something happened to their pickup truck ... knew that they were in big heaps of trouble. Had to get a different vehicle ... went and stole LD Rav4 .... Perhaps ran him over to get away .... Again panicking even more and took off across the country. Ended up north of Gillam. Knew they couldn't turn back cuz there's only one Road in and one road out and there was already check stops up.
Off into the bush they went or hitchhike out of there.

That's just a theory filled with lots of holes I'm sure. But that's kind of where I'm leaning

Anyone have the photo of BS in his Nazi regalia holding what I believe to be the pellet gun mentioned by his father? There is such a thing as automatic pellet guns (just Google it), wonder if that was the type BS had, and the damage it could do to anyone that got in its way--especially if they were trapped in a vehicle, ricochets and all. Result would qualify as a "horrific death" in my book. The teens might have assumed, as said by Xyzzia, that the van was abandoned, started shooting, heard screams, panicked...

Maybe the Presa Canario crossed with a German Shepherd.
Good call. That lad has the chest and the brindle colour, doesn't he? Anyway, not to stray too far OT, I continue to dig around the possibilities of other dreadful possibilities that could have caused the untimely demise of these beautiful adventuresome lovers. So far we have a couple of (let's be kind) naive teenage numbskulls from very far-off Vancouver Island on their first venture out into the big wide world. Lord knows what they told their respective parents they were planning to do. So far as I can tell from published reports, each collection of parents could barely care less anyway (other than the effect on book sale potential.) Then we have some kind of weird escapee from justice heading to

You can't let this one bad crappy situation deter you from enjoying Northern Canada. Especially up there.
The first time I went up there with many many many years ago and liard hot springs was all natural. You had to walk through the swamp Inus of it and a path to get to the hot springs part. Now it's a big tourist attraction and it's all done up with bathrooms and all of that. But I'll never forget that first time I went up there and it was all natural.
Up the Highway North a little bit we also went hiking to the river and waterfall. It was just absolutely stunning.
This is before all the tourist attraction stuff took off.
Thought I'd share a little memory :)

Thanks for sharing!
I definitely won't let it ruin anything for me. I'm camping in a few days and though it's not in That area, considering the fact that these two really be anywhere at this point, I'll still be traveling in pairs :)
You won't see me canceling any travel plans. That's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member