Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when they will actually charge them with anything regarding the murder of Fowler and Deese. I do wonder if it’s not become a case of tunnel vision, partly due to the father of Lucas Fowler being a highly respected police official in NSW, added to the pressure of media and the public due to the panic that was mounting over the deaths and missing people happening during peak tourist season. Realistically though the police must have received tips that linked Bryer and Kam to Fowler and Deese. I suppose we will not find out for a long time, at least not until Stephen Fowler says something revealing to the media again.

There’s absolutely no rush in filing those charges.

When and if these two are captured, they already have second degree murder charges to hold them on.

They can wait as long as they want, because once they are caught they won’t be going anywhere.

Here is why I'm absolutely convinced they did not "go to Whitehorse, YT to look for work".
1. Port Alberni to Whitehorse is min. 32 hour drive.
2. They left PA on July 12 - a Friday. (let's say 9am)
3. Without stopping (which is not doable if 1 person has a drivers license) , they would arrive at Whitehorse on Saturday, July 13 at 7pm Saturday night.
4. Liard Hot Springs is a 24 hour drive. (which the direction I think they went as they came up the logical Dease Lake route)
5. Fowler & Deese were killed btwn 11:30pm and 4:30am approx. on July 14 to July 15 (Sunday or Monday morn).
6. There is zero evidence they made it to Whitehorse, (and there are hwy and city cams there).
The Reality:
3a. Who would drive non-stop, no food, needing gas fillups a few times - to a town and arrive on a Saturday night to "look for work" - or say the next day on Sunday?
3aa. No one in a sane mind would do that on a weekend; No one would decide to look for work that late into summer; The only seasonable work available is usually with road construction or mining camps.
Conclusion: They lied and never in any way were leaving to 'look for work'. Add that thought to northern Alberta - they sure didn't go up to Fort McMurray oil sands, or Site C dam near Fort St. John. So those are the only well known options for "finding work up north". Work was never their plan, ever - Carry out a strategic killing game and have an escape plan MOO fits. btw - the truck with or without camper was more than likely Kam's dad's.

Why end at Cold Lake though?? Maybe it’s related to this.
Investigation into Alberta-B.C. drug trafficking network ends in $1M bust, 6 arrests : ALERT
Suddenly the drug trade needs to find new mules. Could have seemed like an easy way to make some good money for just driving. Would also explain why so few details are being discussed, although that’s fairly par for the course for BC investigations and missing people. Port Alberni has also been in the news for drug busts over the years since it can be considered an import site.

I was doing some more search of information in the Gillam area and I was really interested especially in the river that runs up past Gillam to York Landing / port Nelson.
There is a boating Adventure tour company that runs the river. I posted a link I found it quite interesting
Nelson River Adventures | FAQ

I'm wondering if them young guys started on foot and then started following the River North. Maybe just by foot but following the river that is something that people are usually taught when they're lost in the bushes - find a river and follow it that usually leads somewhere. So anyway... I got to thinking that maybe they followed the river and maybe they got caught in the river and parished.

I imagine the river "bank" being a tangled slippery mess.... and bears! maybe a local can clarify?

There’s absolutely no rush in filing those charges.

When and if these two are captured, they already have second degree murder charges to hold them on.

They can wait as long as they want, because once they are caught they won’t be going anywhere.

Yes you’re right. I just feel that’s such an awful state of limbo for the families of Fowler and Deese. Hopefully for their sakes this will not be more drawn out than circumstances dictate it has to be.

There is next to no cell service once you leave fort Nelson till close to Whitehorse I believe. You can pick it up at Sikanni mountain for a short distance and there is one little spot by testa that only
Locals would know about because it’s literally in that one spot and you cannot move. Other than that, no service. You can get wifi for texting at toad River if you pay them for the password lol That’s about it. I’ve never drove to Whitehorse alone because of the fact there’s no service and it’s way too far and isolated if something were to happen. I don’t know about Dease Lake though.
There is cell service in most communities/towns in the Yukon, so you’d get service and Watson Lake and Teslin at least before you hit Whitehorse.

It has been established Mr. Dyck went to study plants because he was a botanist and he was going to be 'camping'. I think there is cell service around Deese Lake but I'm not sure how far it reaches along that highway.
There is no cell service between Kitwanga, BC and Watson Lake, Yukon (in other words, none in Dease Lake).

Last edited:
Investigation into Alberta-B.C. drug trafficking network ends in $1M bust, 6 arrests : ALERT
Suddenly the drug trade needs to find new mules. Could have seemed like an easy way to make some good money for just driving. Would also explain why so few details are being discussed, although that’s fairly par for the course for BC investigations and missing people. Port Alberni has also been in the news for drug busts over the years since it can be considered an import site.
There is nothing substantial to say they were into drugs or selling them. But you never know. Cold Lake has a the Canadian Forces Base up there (so no one would notice Bryer if he was wearing his camouflage - which he probably was cuz he had it on at Meadow Lake).
Why did I 'end' them at Cold Lake? LOL because I didn't want to write a book, I'm pretty confident there whole plan evolved around parts of northern Canada no matter what province. Less larger city centers etc etc.. It's more remote - more chance to be 'inconspicuous' - I do not know why they went down that side trail and got stuck unless they spotted rcmp on the main streets and wanted to avoid them. I think they had some means of checking news along the way too, and they were still listed as "missing"...

Andrea Woo | 鄔瑞楓‏Verified account @AndreaWoo
Chynna Deese would have gone home to North Carolina today, after her travels through B.C., Yukon and Alaska with boyfriend Lucas Fowler. I spoke with Sheila Deese, who shared some gutting but also beautiful words about her daughter:

9:48 AM - 31 Jul 2019

Globe BC‏Verified account @GlobeBC
Written on Sheila Deese's calendar, under July 31, is two words: "Chynna returns."

A gutting interview with Ms. Deese just more than two weeks after Chynna and her boyfriend, Lucas Fowler, were found dead in B.C. By @AndreaWoo

9:11 AM - 31 Jul 2019

There is nothing substantial to say they were into drugs or selling them. But you never know. Cold Lake has a the Canadian Forces Base up there (so no one would notice Bryer if he was wearing his camouflage - which he probably was cuz he had it on at Meadow Lake).
Why did I 'end' them at Cold Lake? LOL because I didn't want to write a book, I'm pretty confident there whole plan evolved around parts of northern Canada no matter what province. Less larger city centers etc etc.. It's more remote - more chance to be 'inconspicuous' - I do not know why they went down that side trail and got stuck unless they spotted rcmp on the main streets and wanted to avoid them. I think they had some means of checking news along the way too, and they were still listed as "missing"...

Oooops. I wasn’t meaning to come across as questioning you about why you had decided to only hypothesize until Cold Lake. It was meant more of a why, in general, rumination of why did they make this sudden long road trip that resulted in confirmed sightings in Cold Lake. I agree that they must have had some method of checking up on news for the first while but if their phones still have battery life after all this, and if they are hiding out in the bush, that’s a darn good cell phone!!

Hmmm what about the Grizzly shotgun, holds 5 shots and is 100% legal.

If it was a shotgun then blood would have been visible on the clothes of Fowler. The medic who secured the scene didn’t mention that at all.
Yes, shotguns are typically 5 + 1 (in the chamber) and that is definitely legal in Canada—no plug to remove.

Written in large letters on Sheila Deese’s calendar, under July 31, are two words: “Chynna returns.”

Chynna Deese, 24, had been travelling through British Columbia with her boyfriend, 23-year-old Australian Lucas Fowler. They were to weave their way through the province in a camper van Mr. Fowler had bought just for the occasion, hitting B.C.’s national parks before heading through the Yukon and into Alaska.

And on Wednesday, Chynna was to fly home to Charlotte, N.C., where her mother would pick her up from the airport.

[...]

“I’m just sick to my stomach, literally,” Ms. Deese said in an emotional interview. “I want them caught. I want them to have consequences … The story is about Chynna and Lucas, but so much of the focus is these boys, these evil, evil boys.” bbm

When she cannot sleep, and that is often, Ms. Deese watches the surveillance video of the two taken from a Fort Nelson gas station on July 13, just more than a week into the trip. In it, Chynna, clad in a T-shirt, shorts and sandals, is seen squeegeeing the windows of the blue, beat up van while Lucas gasses up.

“I have watched that video 1,000 times, just literally – the first night it came out, over and over and over,” Ms. Deese said.

“My daughter would not be the one to just sit in the van and wait on Lucas to fill up. She’s out cleaning every window – the front, the driver’s side. And I’m watching how meticulous she was, as I watched it over and over.”

At one point in the video, Chynna hops up on a step and the two wrap their arms around each other.

“On that embrace, I could hear them going, ‘Let’s do this. Let’s go,’” Ms. Deese said. “It was such a plan. It was a route they had planned out. It was not spontaneous. They had saved money, he had fixed up the van with a camper in the back. That video, being the last thing, is a gift to me, of how happy they were.” bbm

Ms. Deese described Chynna as a “beautiful soul” with a big heart. She volunteered at a camp for special needs families in Charlotte, she donated blood to the blood centre Ms. Deese works at. She had given away many of her clothes and vowed not to buy anything new until her birthday in January, saying material things just weren’t that important.

She had travelled to 13 countries, among them Egypt, Italy and Croatia, where she and Lucas met in a hostel. Ms. Deese said she sometimes grew nervous about these trips – such as when Chynna stayed on a farm in Portugal without internet access, or travelled by train solo – but that Canada “was never, ever a concern.”

A ‘beautiful soul’: Mother of Chynna Deese discusses her daughter’s volunteering, travels around the world

Austin Grabish‏Verified account @AustinGrabish
I’m taking off a few days now and won’t spend too much time on Twitter. A lot of people have been asking me for updates on the manhunt. For those, keep an eye on @CBCAlerts as the search for B.C. homicide suspects Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky continues. #cbcmb

5:16 PM - 31 Jul 2019

Solid work Austin!

Toyota keys have a square plastic part on top; it is burned off
True. But plenty of them from the 90s and earlier were just metal. What year was the RAV?

Also any duplicates made at a hardware store would be all metal, I think.

“The father recalled that his son bought a nice black suit with his second paycheque from Walmart. “Now I realize it's his funeral suit.”

Father of suspect in 3 B.C. deaths expects son will go out in 'blaze of glory'
Like many of you, I don't particularly trust what BS' father says. But IF the above quote is true, it means even less ready cash the boys had available for their trip. IMO

Oooops. I wasn’t meaning to come across as questioning you about why you had decided to only hypothesize until Cold Lake. It was meant more of a why, in general, rumination of why did they make this sudden long road trip that resulted in confirmed sightings in Cold Lake. I agree that they must have had some method of checking up on news for the first while but if their phones still have battery life after all this, and if they are hiding out in the bush, that’s a darn good cell phone!!
Oh gosh I didn't think that at all, no worry. So they were still showing as 'missing' when they hit CL - they gave their real names to the guy who pulled them out. Could be they were 'testing the waters' - "if we give our real names, how will the guy react? Will he say "hey you guys are missing get hold of family or cops in BC tell them you are safe". (that is one possible thought in their heads" But the man didn't show any sign of recognizing their names, so on to Meadow Lake they become more brazen - still on media as 'missing' - they appear on store video. They have got to know "so far they have no clue where we are or that we stole the Rav4 etc etc. So simple math would tell them they have a decent lead of time - but we gonna have to ditch the Rav4 at some point - on to Split Lake, Gillam they go and even getting that far, the 2 aux. cops didn't recognize them or the clerk at the SL store. What I am finding really bizarre but interesting is: they seem to leave some sort of 'calling card' each step of the way in a brazen almost 'catch us if you can' way. I am really really curious about why they left that 1 matchstick at the site where they burnt the Rav4. I think they are still alive, what condition they are in I have no idea......it's a game to them I feel. It's going on 3 weeks now....if they are alive in their minds they have won.....and set a whole country in fear. It' really feels like they are so arrogant they are almost mocking the police and the country. What do you think? Punch holes in any of my theory @scrappinkat

Oh gosh I didn't think that at all, no worry. So they were still showing as 'missing' when they hit CL - they gave their real names to the guy who pulled them out. Could be they were 'testing the waters' - "if we give our real names, how will the guy react? Will he say "hey you guys are missing get hold of family or cops in BC tell them you are safe". (that is one possible thought in their heads" But the man didn't show any sign of recognizing their names, so on to Meadow Lake they become more brazen - still on media as 'missing' - they appear on store video. They have got to know "so far they have no clue where we are or that we stole the Rav4 etc etc. So simple math would tell them they have a decent lead of time - but we gonna have to ditch the Rav4 at some point - on to Split Lake, Gillam they go and even getting that far, the 2 aux. cops didn't recognize them or the clerk at the SL store. What I am finding really bizarre but interesting is: they seem to leave some sort of 'calling card' each step of the way in a brazen almost 'catch us if you can' way. I am really really curious about why they left that 1 matchstick at the site where they burnt the Rav4. I think they are still alive, what condition they are in I have no idea......it's a game to them I feel. It's going on 3 weeks now....if they are alive in their minds they have won.....and set a whole country in fear. It' really feels like they are so arrogant they are almost mocking the police and the country. What do you think? Punch holes in any of my theory @scrappinkat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shirleymae