Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where Lucas and China were found murdered to Alaska is well over a thousand miles.

Story posting and editing problems

Alaska/USA border is less than 700 miles from Liard Hot Springs. Vancouver is 1900km, so about 1250 miles, away. If the RCMP is responsible for notifying everyone in BC immediately, and all of Canada at the same time, Alaska should do the same.

Did Alaska release any information about the double murder on the Alaska Hwy? If not, I think all criticism of RCMP for not being vocal enough about the seriousness of the situation is unwarranted.

upload_2019-7-31_1-5-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-31_1-4-51.png
    upload_2019-7-31_1-4-51.png
    879.6 KB · Views: 23
bringing this over from the previous thread:

I actually find the photos of the van half on the road to be quite disturbing. Did they seriously sleep in a van that was half on the road? Why did they not push it off the road? Why was it stopped on the road at all? There's lots and lots of room there to move the van off the road, so I don't get it.

FactFinder3000

the van was not half on the road
this was made clear in previous threads
maybe someone can jump in here with the photos

They did not sleep half on the highway. I am responsible for that line of thinking. I compared the photos of the van to the google maps highway. That map was from 2009, and the road has since been improved with white lines and a shoulder. They were parked off the highway with lawn chairs set back from the road having a snack at 3:20PM on July 14. I made a mistake because I was using 10 year old google maps.

"Police poured into York Landing on Sunday night, but the RCMP said in a tweet on Monday afternoon it could not substantiate the tip following a "thorough and exhaustive search" of the community."

So the last (technically) confirmed sighting was Spirit Lake? Or, thereabouts? It is possible that these two suspects made it to Kelsey and/or Thompson quickly, with help, or something like that. MOO

stutter

Last edited:
"Police poured into York Landing on Sunday night, but the RCMP said in a tweet on Monday afternoon it could not substantiate the tip following a "thorough and exhaustive search" of the community."

So the last (technically) confirmed sighting was Spirit Lake? Or, thereabouts? It is possible that these two suspects made it to Kelsey and/or Thompson quickly, with help, or something like that. MOO

Last location would be the Rav4 at Fox Creek Cree Nation. Here's the map, need to add it to the maps thread, after Split Lake.

upload_2019-7-31_1-12-36.png

Alaska/USA border is less than 700 miles from Liard Hot Springs. Vancouver is 1900km, so about 1250 miles, away. If the RCMP is responsible for notifying everyone in BC immediately, and all of Canada at the same time, Alaska should do the same.

Did Alaska release any information about the double murder on the Alaska Hwy? If not, I think all criticism of RCMP for not being vocal enough about the seriousness of the situation is unwarranted.

View attachment 195930
Yeah I didn't even want to post that message but I had problems posting and editing. On my next post after that I stated that I was talking from where Lucas and China were found to Fairbanks. That's a long long ways.

But lots of American tourists would probably be listening to the American news from Alaska on their trip. Here's hoping the that of the Alaskan police did Issue information to the public.

So long as you don't try for a selfie with a moose and don't pat the caribou and don't have the kids feed marshmallows to the bears, then everyone s.b A-OK. Might also be useful to keep an eye on the Alaska Highway bible The Milepost | Since 1949, The Bible of North Country Travel (Just gut-wrenching to get a glimpse of the amazing adventures L&C might have had together on that trip of a lifetime.)

I am a local of where the first murders took place. Don’t be worried to come up here. All the locals are quite confident the RCMP have the right “suspects”. I can’t speak for everyone but everyone I know (very small town) feels quite safe.

View attachment 195930
Thanks for posting an image of the van. It's a big hole in that window and it doesn't seem like there's very much glass on the outside. So it looks to me it was smashed Inward and not outward like was stated.

The back doors of the van we're closed the right side of the back door window was smashed. The side door of the van on the right passenger side were opened.

We know what the van looked like when it was found in the morning, not what happened at the time of the murders.

I am a local of where the first murders took place. Don’t be worried to come up here. All the locals are quite confident the RCMP have the right “suspects”. I can’t speak for everyone but everyone I know (very small town) feels quite safe.

Welcome to websleuths! LOL @ your user name

Just curious how you all felt those first few days before they announced the suspects?

Im way too consumed in all of this lol but as im trying to stay off my phone and get some much needed sleep (almost 1am) it dawns on me... if its true and K & B think this is a game - call off the hunt and let them rot in the bush

See this Canadian expert's opinion: https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...ada-survival-expert-says-20190731-p52cfj.html

"It is not the black bears, polar bears or wolves Arama places high on his top 10 list of dangers the teenagers would face. It's the insects."

""If they drink any water, it is likely filled with parasites, giardia and they'd get sick as hell from that," he said."

""I'll be honest. With 40 years of experience, if you threw me out there with no knife, no tin can, no flint to start a fire, no tarp, no nothing, I'd rather die," Arama said."

If the duo did enter the wilderness and did not find some type of shelter, Arama predicts they are dead or close to it.

So far there is no released concrete information connecting the suspects to the double murder, but all three murders were linked when the suspects were seen in Meadow Lake - RCMP thanked witnesses for making the connection.

They are not "merely" suspects in the gun violence shooting of Fowler and Deese, they are suspects who should not be approached, call police immediately.

How were all three murders linked when they were seen in Meadow Lake?? I missed that part. What connection did witnesses make??

I think the odds of the wanted Texas guy being the person the witness spotted, is astronomically unlikely.

These poor people break down on the side of the road, and within hours, come in contact with murderers on two separate occasions?

“Bad luck” doesn’t begin to describe that.

Just reminding that, in rural Canada, I think it's fair to say that most homicides are the result of inter-family disputes or, in the 3 major cities, drug culture rivalries. Random murderous attacks of strangers are middlin' to rare. As a matter of fact, thinking about it, I've only ever before heard of such things except where severe mental illness has been involved. I'm sure the thread has probably already discussed elsewhere how gun registration regulations are quite restrictive here. So this situation is extremely rare, imo, and maybe that's partly why everyone is so shaken by it. Fear is a terrible virus, imo. Already travellers are being advised by authorities, if they see someone who seems to be in trouble on the road, don't stop to help. Carry on and report the incident, but don't stop to provide assistance. This advice , in my opinion, will almost certainly cause terrible consequences in the future, in Canadian rural areas, especially in the north, where people unconditionally depend upon each other's support. MOO.

Yeah I didn't even want to post that message but I had problems posting and editing. On my next post after that I stated that I was talking from where Lucas and China were found to Fairbanks. That's a long long ways.

But lots of American tourists would probably be listening to the American news from Alaska on their trip. Here's hoping the that of the Alaskan police did Issue information to the public.

I hope so. Did local Alaska radio stations report the double murders on July 16, when RCMP Major Crimes Unit first announced the double murder on Hwy 97? What about after the murder on Hwy 37? When did Alaska radio stations pick up the story? Was it after they learned that one of the victims is from North Carolina?

The van does look very close to the road, IMO.

I still think the Daily Mail has great photos. This article from July 23rd has lots of tidbits of info, too.

Texan murder suspect 'crosses the border' just weeks before Australian tourist Lucas Fowler killed | Daily Mail Online

If this helps at all-the place where their van was, was in the middle of an extremely long stretch of highway and when the road was repaired, they widened it and bulldozed a large area beside both sides of the highway so it would not be dangerous to them (in my opinion).
Also if this helps at all-the south side of the road (behind the van) has a bend in the round and I personally believe it would have been very easy to spot the victims while driving by (no matter how light or dark). And I can also say that highway is SO busy in the summer! The daytime it’s a bunch of tourists and some truckers and the night time there is a lot of truckers. If it was me, I would NEVER be afraid to rough it in my vehicle on the side of the highway like they did. It wouldn’t be something us locals would find odd to see and I do know a lot more people stopped to ask them if they needed a hand then I’ve seen reported (only saying this to confirm the “safe” feeling opinion).
****Also I only started my account because I respect websleuths and their opinions and theories, so I hope I was allowed to say things the way I did without breaking any rules. I just would like to clear up anything (that the RCMP would be ok with) so I can help eliminate as many uncertainties I’m able to.

The van does look very close to the road, IMO.

I still think the Daily Mail has great photos. This article from July 23rd has lots of tidbits of info, too.

Texan murder suspect 'crosses the border' just weeks before Australian tourist Lucas Fowler killed | Daily Mail Online

Of course it does. That's because the original photos only showed the vehicle on half gravel and half asphalt beside the grass. I assumed that mean that the road started at the asphalt, but not true. The white line marking the edge of the lane is not in the photo. The yellow line dividing the highway and the other white line are also not in the photo.

They were well off the road, on the shoulder. Still, no one should stay overnight on a Canadian highway.

True that they may not have found shelter or enough clean water and food. It's possible they're dead already.

On the other hand, even the RCMP aren't sure they didn't get some one to help them out of the area. IMO, they'd have to keep getting help and $ eventually if they're traveling and that's when there might be more possible sightings and crimes.

I would imagine they might wish very much they could just go home and play their video games again.

Just my own thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member