Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Long time lurker (15 years) but a sporadic poster. Anyhow.....going to throw my 2cents in and tell ya'll what I think as to why they haven't been heard or seen. Maybe they split up after the murders....that would be a smart move because all of the alerts and warnings are telling the public to be on the lookout for 2 6'3 young men, not 1. So everyone is looking for 2 6'3 young men, not paying too much attention to just 1 6'3 guy.. if they somehow have run into two girls...they may have hooked up with them and the girls have taken them to their place, and after a few days of lying low, they split into couples and go in different directions or just stay holed up with the local girls. Ya know "young love" will do anything for their boyfriend...Just sayin" :)

Based on the description of their social skills, or lack thereof, this seems highly unlikely.

But if they are alive and got back into civilization (doubtful IMO), it's possible they may have split up. Honestly I can't see them going separate ways though. I mean, they were already lifelong best friends, and now they have absolutely nobody else on this planet except for each other. I think they're quite literally "ride or die" at this point. Plus going their separate ways introduces a "prisoner's dilemma" aspect to their situation.

The longer it goes without them actually being charged, the more I wonder what evidence there is linking them to Chynna and Lucas' murders besides the fact that they killed Professor Dyck...

Overwhelming evidence is provided by the show of force by state investigators in the form of personnel, equipment, and time.

It is not “a fact” that they killed Professor Dyck. They are charged.

Awww wow I never thought of that. It is a bit heartbreaking thinking it might be a glimpse into the victims lives. :(

It seems entirely plausible, what teens like sardines??
I am blushing here as I was a huge fan of sardines since age 8 or so. I agree however that Mr. Dyck is more likely to have been eating sardines. It is all so flipping sad.

The longer it goes without them actually being charged, the more I wonder what evidence there is linking them to Chynna and Lucas' murders besides the fact that they killed Professor Dyck. The police almost certainly have information they haven't released obviously. But I wonder why the police have not charged them after this long. And I wonder where the gun came from if they did kill Chynna and Lucas.

I am hoping that the RCMP have not developed tunnel vision. 1) There could be another perpetrator out there that no one is looking for and 2) they are pulling out all the stops to search an area that KM and BS have long since left. I can't help but wonder if the international element to this case and the fact that LF's father is high ranking police office has put additional pressure on the RCMP. I sincerely hope they are doing their jobs to the best of their abilities and making the right decisions (I am not that knowledgeable about how these things are investigated so I don't want to be too judgy.)

The truck was found burning, the body was 2 km South of the burning truck. It seems likely that the suspects had just left the burning scene when it was discovered. Prof Dyck was probably murdered at most an hour earlier - since he was not hidden and they wanted to get away before the body and truck were discovered.
Yes, my guess is that they burned the truck and then walked the 2km distance to the Stikine River lookout.

They may have spotted the RAV4 earlier, and turned around to find a good spot to burn their truck.

I used exactly the same "split" pun in an early post! At that time I thought they could have taken a boat or the ferry or gotten a ride to a hydro camp.

But after carefully reading the band Constable's comment, it seems that they left Split Lake after one hour, still driving the RAV4. If someone gave them a ride from 280 or 290 routes, they are not coming forward.

...thus the constant hinting by RCMP that someone might have inadvertantly helped them. Crickets on that front.

Overwhelming evidence is provided by the show of force by state investigators in the form of personnel, equipment, and time.

It is not “a fact” that they killed Professor Dyck. They are charged.

Obviously the show of force indicates that the police think they did it. But if there is strong evidence to support that, why not charge them?

Also obviously they haven't had a trial and are innocent until proven guilty in the legal system. But I personally think it's a fact they killed Professor Dyck based on the evidence.

The longer it goes without them actually being charged, the more I wonder what evidence there is linking them to Chynna and Lucas' murders besides the fact that they killed Professor Dyck. The police almost certainly have information they haven't released obviously. But I wonder why the police have not charged them after this long. And I wonder where the gun came from if they did kill Chynna and Lucas.

We factually do not know for certain if they had a gun. There are MSM links in this thread stating the Saskatchewan RCMP labled them as "armed and dangerous", but so far as I can find, and I have searched, the Saskatchewan RCMP are the only LE that have mentioned "armed" FWIW.

We factually do not know for certain if they had a gun. There are MSM links in this thread stating the Saskatchewan RCMP labled them as "armed and dangerous", but so far as I can find, and I have searched, the Saskatchewan RCMP are the only LE that have mentioned "armed" FWIW.

Yes I've mentioned that in previous posts. Based on the current publicly available information we can neither confirm nor deny that they had access to firearms and brought guns on their trip. We don't know if Leonard Dyck was killed by a gun, and they haven't been charged with Lucas and Chynna's murders, nor has there been any evidence disclosed that links them to those murders. And on top of that Bryer's dad said Bryer definitely didn't own any guns (although he could be mistaken). Labeling them armed and dangerous could just be a safety precaution too...like even if they don't know for sure that Kam and Bryer had guns, are they going to take a chance with public safety?

...thus the constant hinting by RCMP that someone might have inadvertantly helped them. Crickets on that front.
Or someone intentionally helped them who is not inclined to come forward to help the RCMP. The type of people that BS was self-identifying with are not the kind of people who will volunteer that kind of info to authorities.

Isn't there a thing in Canada to do a fifth year of high school as sort of a breather before adulthood or to figure out what to do after high school?...

"Grade 13" was an Ontario thing and was phased out around 2002/3 or thereabouts.

EDIT: Apparently, some kids still decide to return to high school for an extra year in Ontario despite this...

Last edited:
RCMP provided the vehicle description and sketch. RCMP stopped mentioning him as a "person of interest" after some time, because of good reasons.

Speculation about that man, including his resemblance to KM or other fugitive killers, is a distraction from tracing KM/BS.

I am just wondering if the reasons they stopped mentioning this person were ever publicly disclosed. If that person was not KM, then I would think that he would still be relevant and if he has been found, if any information he provided was of any value to LE.

So, you've got 300lbs sitting in the middle of a roughly 8 foot long "bridge", made of aluminum sheet.
Long story short, the effective weight of the load would increase as the boat hits a wave, be it either a deep trough or a breaker. And the boat at that point would be utterly unsupported in the middle. It would fold.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. That was my option 2, but RCMP didn't find any DNA or their belongings. Nobody claimed the boat.

I think it's nothing but more hysteria. The RCMP are obligated to investigate anything that is reported to them, so their presence gives no credence to the tip. The fugitives were spotted at ZERO fast food joints when they were "missing" and had their own from-scratch meals in the RAV4 - pork chops, orange peels and tins of food were found in the burned wreckage. Why oh why now that they are being sought would they 1) go to urban areas or 2) suddenly start frequenting fast food joints?

I thought it was unusual that film footage of BS and KM never showed them buying anything to eat. the CBC reporter Renata, however, said that there was only one grocery in Gillam which she did not get into during open hours and she showed, on Twitter, some fruit given to her by the RMPC. Maybe the rural routes chosen by BS and KM really did not have any or many food options. Also not sure if LE has footage never released. And also not sure if anything in the RAV was purchased by BS and KM, or if it was in there from LD's provisions.

For me one of the most poignant moments has been the interview on camera with the man who found the Rav4. He & his wife rushed to the fire thinking there had been an accident. His voice caught when he said, “We would have helped them.” Other people across the whole country said the same thing — and many did help them. It’s such a tragedy that apparently they couldn’t find the help they needed at home.

I am blushing here as I was a huge fan of sardines since age 8 or so. I agree however that Mr. Dyck is more likely to have been eating sardines. It is all so flipping sad.

Though delicious and convenient for long term keeping I have my doubts most adults, let alone Uni. Profs, would be short-sighted enough to bring canned fish into bear country.

But of course, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member