Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused by the statement that I’ve bolded. Is she saying they received tips about the Texas guy and that there was a probable link between him and the murders of Fowler/Deese? (It wasn’t a possible presence in Canada, he was/maybe still is, in Canada). If details about evidence that led police to link Kam/Bryer aren’t released I think this case will grow into a divisive example of why people will choose to either support the police or worse eschew them.

Staff Sgt. Janelle Shoihet from the RCMP in B.C. weighed in.

We had, in advance of naming Schmegelsky and McLeod as suspects in the homicides in northern BC, received numerous tips from the public in relation to Derek Whisenand’s possible presence in Canada and a probable link to the homicides,” she said.

“The RCMP does not consider Whisenand a suspect.”​

‘A murderer from Texas’: RCMP debunk five conspiracy theories about the B.C. fugitives

No, there's never been a probable link of Whisenand to murder of the couple.

Social media jumped on theory when KM/BS were considered "missing" but RCMP never found a link.

In fact, the article cited is to debunk these lingering theories.

MOO

I would think investigators have learned A LOT about the north and how their techniques work or don't work. I also think that the safety and well-being of residents in remote and relatively 'unserviced' areas needs to be reviewed. These two were able to travel under the radar for a long time and there could be others out there who will now head north to avoid the long arm of the law … and now they have a 'how to' guide to the north.

And the person who tried to abduct a flagger on B.C. Highway 29 near Hudson's Hope on August 4 may be one of those copycats.

Possibly some last words as their end was nearing. The proverbial "deathbed confession"?

If only, but I highly doubt it.

One thing that has come through loud and clear is that the RCMP, as an enforcement agency, doesn’t leak like a sieve, or indeed at all. There are some countries where probable cause of death etc, etc would be all over cable news by now. Apparently RCMP members, from constable on up, don’t think that they’re part of a reality TV show.

Seriously. This isn't how things go in NJ or NYC at all. Everything gets out.

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
Community meeting now underway in Gillam after RCMP announced earlier today that they believe they have found the bodies of the fugitives #canadamanhunt #canadianmanhunt

My heart goes out to them.

What would be the point of laying charges against 2 dead men? Won't whatever evidence has been uncovered suffice to name them as the people responsible for the 3 murders?
I'm just trying to understand the importance of laying charges as, obviously, there will be no trial.

As you suggest, there will not be any further charges laid. I do think that the RCMP will satisfy itself that these two, and no-one else, committed the murders.

Seriously. This isn't how things go in NJ or NYC at all. Everything gets out.

I live in NY. I agree with you and I’m aware of that :)

The RCMP is a lesson in how a professional law enforcement agency, one that hasn’t been captured by the media or politics, is supposed to work.

It’s quite telling that not a single word is leaking from the RCMP beyond what it said in its statement.

Got them lots of heat over the last couple of weeks from some people here, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Scarpelli on Twitter

"I’m about 6 km from where Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod’s bodies were found. It’s too dangerous to get there by foot. A local can be heard in this video describing the area."

Interesting video at the link. Gives some perspective on how difficult this search must have been for the RCMP.
So many flies/bugs!

Water works in mysterious ways (well there is a science to it) so it wouldn’t surprise me if they made an attempt in the boat, it capsized, they made it to shore, the boat and belongings ended up underwater in a rapid and only got spat out days later. It’s all speculation at this stage anyway.

We don’t know, and probably won’t for a while, if they died 2 weeks ago or 12 hours ago.

Having personally stood in the ashes of the RAV4 and walked around the vicinity of Sundance both during police searches and alone while piecing things together it’s very eerie to think they may have been alive lurking in the bushes nearby.

I feel as if BS always wanted to be "saved," but it was never enough, IMO.
And he was dangerous, so, there you have it.

Strange -- nowhere does the security source indicate the location of the bodies.

Do you have link for this news? Thanks.

Mercedes Stephenson‏Verified account @MercedesGlobal
Internal broadcast to all @RCMP members from @CommrRCMPGRC Lucki provided by a security source to @globalnews addressing the discovery of the remains of Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod #RCMP

EBZtvy7W4AAkkBB.png

EBZtvy7W4AUQfSI.png

3:47 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pt
I don't know how, but it is right on your post! The global news."near the shoreline of the Nelson River." Their news article , regarding discovery of the bodies.

The RCMP is a lesson in how a professional law enforcement agency, one that hasn’t been captured by the media or politics, is supposed to work.

Got them lots of heat over the last couple of weeks from some people here, though.

It seems as though the morning after the last media person left Fox Lake, they found the bodies. It's wrong of me, but I feel some kind of satisfaction about that.

BBM

“MacLatchy said the two bodies were found in a “dense bush” area, roughly eight kilometres from where a burnt vehicle was found days earlier.

She explained that RCMP found a “critical piece of evidence” on Friday that allowed them to focus on certain areas and carry out a search on foot.”
B.C. murder suspects Bryer Schmegelsky, Kam McLeod believed to be dead

The damaged boat, the cooler and other items were all found on Friday. I wonder which was the critical piece of evidence.

I don't know how, but it is right on your post! The global news.

Again, twitter attachment posted said nothing about the bodies found on the shoreline-- that's why I asked!

Doesn't matter - they are dead and recovered. Ending the saga.

“MacLatchy said the two bodies were found in a “dense bush” area, roughly eight kilometres from where a burnt vehicle was found days earlier.

B.C. murder suspects Bryer Schmegelsky, Kam McLeod believed to be dead

Last edited:
Could someone summarize the weather conditions (highs, lows, rain...) in the area the bodies were found since they were sited in that area?

Thanks.

I really hope RCMP is able to recover their weapon and do proper ballistics on it
If it isn’t somewhere on the bottom of the Nelson River under those rapids where the boat likely capsized.

Yes, there were suggestions here, although never explained, that there was some kind of publication ban on some kind of document, for 24 hours.

The document filed July 24th stated Bryer and Kam did committ second degree murder of John Doe (near Dease Lake), and included a publication ban. The paperwork filed July 25th was the Canada wide warrant for arrest, which included the removal of the publication ban from the day before. I assume it’s because they had managed to identify who John Doe was and had informed his family.

If it isn’t somewhere on the bottom of the Nelson River under those rapids where the boat likely capsized.
By the way of note was in the BC press conference where Hackett never said that Mr. Dyck died by gunshot as in the other 2 murders. My inner gut tells me they slaughtered him with that knife they bought at the surplus store. :(

Evidence was found on the shore, bodies were found 1 km from the evidence and 8 km from the car.

"RCMP say they found “several items” directly linked to a pair of B.C. murdersuspects along the banks of the Nelson River on Friday."​

Manitoba RCMP say ‘several items’ found on shoreline linked to B.C. murder suspects

"The bodies were discovered within 1km from where the items were found."​

Canadian police find bodies of murder suspects

View attachment 197388

But why is everybody assuming the direction was directly perpendicular to the river? The bodies could have beeen found 800 m upriver and 200m into the bush, roughly, for example.

Did they actually say that, though? I think it's an assumption.

Yes they did. I read it right here, posted from a news source but no, I am not going to go search for it. If anyone cares to....
Having said this, it makes a lot of sense that a boat suddenly appearing where it was not observed before would attract interest, and rightly so as it turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29