Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in NY. I agree with you and I’m aware of that :)

The RCMP is a lesson in how a professional law enforcement agency, one that hasn’t been captured by the media or politics, is supposed to work.

LOL, throwing major shade at NYPD and NJ cops. Sadly our corner of the planet has a bit of a world-famous reputation for corruption...they've made movies about it and everything....

I knew literally nothing about the RCMP prior to this case but I have to say, I'm seriously impressed with them. I don't know why so many Canadians were criticizing their response to this case. They found these two against astronomical odds. I was in total shock that they were able to find them in that terrain. And, they did so with the utmost dignity and respect towards all the victims and the affected families. Can we borrow some of them down here?

But why is everybody assuming the direction was directly perpendicular to the river? The bodies could have beeen found 800 m upriver and 200m into the bush, roughly, for example.
Quite right. I expect that after RCMP are finished with the site, a jounalist will get locals to help them find it. I think there would be a trail cut for removal of bodies and evidence.

LOL, throwing major shade at NYPD and NJ cops. Sadly our corner of the planet has a bit of a world-famous reputation for corruption...they've made movies about it and everything....

I knew literally nothing about the RCMP prior to this case but I have to say, I'm seriously impressed with them. I don't know why so many Canadians were criticizing their response to this case. They found these two against astronomical odds. I was in total shock that they were able to find them in that terrain. And, they did so with the utmost dignity and respect towards all the victims and the affected families. Can we borrow some of them down here?

Yes, they really conducted themselves with class and grace. Plus they got their men. It can be frustrating when they won't cough up info when we want them to but they really have done an outstanding job I think.

What would be the point of laying charges against 2 dead men? Won't whatever evidence has been uncovered suffice to name them as the people responsible for the 3 murders?
I'm just trying to understand the importance of laying charges as, obviously, there will be no trial.
Charges will not be laid/continued:

"When RCMP confirm that the bodies are those of McLeod and Schmegelsky, the charges against them in Dyck’s murder will be discontinued, British Columbia Prosecution Service spokesperson Dan McLaughlin said. “This will end the prosecution and the involvement of the BCPS,” he told local media."
Canada manhunt: police are 'confident' two bodies found are fugitives

Could someone summarize the weather conditions (highs, lows, rain...) in the area the bodies were found since they were sited in that area?

Thanks.

Here’s a link to Gillam temperatures in July. What can often be deceptive is hour many hours of the day are at the high and how many are towards the low (small blue numbers). It gets very cold at night.

Gillam, Manitoba - Monthly Calendar - The Weather Network

Finally, I am so appreciative of this forum. What an incredible way for people from all walks of life, from around the world to get together to try to ‘solve’ or at least discuss these horrible events.

Great post and welcome Sweet Briar!! Isn't this fun!?! Thank you Websleuths Trish and all moderators!!

Evidence was found on the shore, bodies were found 1 km from the evidence and 8 km from the car.

"RCMP say they found “several items” directly linked to a pair of B.C. murdersuspects along the banks of the Nelson River on Friday."​

Manitoba RCMP say ‘several items’ found on shoreline linked to B.C. murder suspects

"The bodies were discovered within 1km from where the items were found."​

Canadian police find bodies of murder suspects

View attachment 197388
Thank you for keeping us focused and bringing us back to the facts.

Yes they did. I read it right here, posted from a news source but no, I am not going to go search for it. If anyone cares to....
Having said this, it makes a lot of sense that a boat suddenly appearing where it was not observed before would attract interest, and rightly so as it turned out.

I recall it being hearsay. I'll try find it later. It's a fairly important detail, exactly when that boat showed up.

But why is everybody assuming the direction was directly perpendicular to the river? The bodies could have beeen found 800 m upriver and 200m into the bush, roughly, for example.

Exactly.

Newbie here. I've been following this from the start. I'm not sure why there are arguments about this for pages and pages when the RCMP has officially said (via Twitter):

"The search is over. At 10am this morning, Manitoba RCMP officers located the bodies of two males, believed to be the BC suspects, near the shoreline of the Nelson River (approx 8km from the burnt vehicle). #rcmpmb"
RCMP Manitoba on Twitter

I'll take their word over news reports.

Newbie here. I've been following this from the start. I'm not sure why there are arguments about this for pages and pages when the RCMP has officially said (via Twitter):

"The search is over. At 10am this morning, Manitoba RCMP officers located the bodies of two males, believed to be the BC suspects, near the shoreline of the Nelson River (approx 8km from the burnt vehicle). #rcmpmb"
RCMP Manitoba on Twitter

I'll take their word over news reports.
the tweet is different from what came out of the RCMP mouths at the announcement is what is causing the conflict.

they spoke in deep brush and tweeted near the shore.

cbc.ca twitter vid says a jet boat operator saw what he thought was a sleeping bag on the shore, prompting closer investigation that found their belongings, the divers, etc. It does not talk about the boat and does not say if the sleeping bag was open or still rolled up. It does not talk about the other items found. It is posted by Austin Grabish, CBC.ca reporter. Under #canadamanhunt

cbc.ca twitter vid says a jet boat operator saw what he thought was a sleeping bag on the shore, prompting closer investigation that found their belongings, the divers, etc. It does not talk about the boat and does not say if the sleeping bag was open or still rolled up. It does not talk about the other items found. It is posted by Austin Grabish, CBC.ca reporter. Under #canadamanhunt

Interesting. Gillam resident/Manitoba Hydro Electrician Clint Sawchuk uses a 21’ jet boat for his Nelson River Adventures. He has a web site.

Sawchuk did a video interview with the CBC a couple of weeks ago, and he is quoted at some length by The NY Times in the article that it published a few days ago.

There probably aren’t a lot of people in the area who own a jet boat (they are not common), indeed he may have the only one.

I recall it being hearsay. I'll try find it later. It's a fairly important detail, exactly when that boat showed up.

Here's a quote I was looking for earlier that may help the time frame:

"The Globe & Mail reported that the boat was green, aluminum and flat-bottomed and that a red-and-white water container was found near it. An RCMP inspector said it had been through the rapids and was significantly damaged. It was found near in the lower Limestone rapids, an area that had last been searched by air three our four days ago."

RCMP divers conduct underwater search in Nelson River after damaged rowboat found

near the shoreline of the Nelson River (approx 8km from the burnt vehicle).

they spoke in deep brush and tweeted near the shore.

"Near" the shore can mean any number of things. They could be 20 or 50 feet from the shore and there would probably still be deep brush. I don't see why both can't be true.

Wow! I wonder if he went out specifically to do some amateur sleuthing of his own for signs of them.

One thing that has me intrigued: in the CBC video link someone kindly posted a page or two back, at about 1:27, someone Bryer hooked up with at a skate park said Bryer wanted to get into "dark politics" and texted him about joining his "militia". If the past 1.5 years of "playing" with his airsoft in the woods, combined with Dad's expression of a suicide-type mission, and whatever "digital" evidence they found at the home is connected, it's no wonder the Minister of Public Safety so readily offered military assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member