Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It becomes a communication issue. Perhaps people would prefer an alert, like the Amber Alert, that cannot be turned off. That would give 911 operators something to do while they wait for tips about a murder - field disgruntled customers who choose to ignore the news.
Oh can you imagine the 911 calls over that! Not just Amber Alerts waking them up... watch out!

Wow thank you so much, you’re awesome! This is exactly what I needed to get a visual! You always have really good info and posts so I’m curious of what you’re theory is on from the time they lit the Rav4 on fire? And do you are anyone else (would love to hear from any and all of you), what personal items of theirs were found and what about the boat? Used for shelter or did they try getting away in it and failed?

I think they wanted to get away, and failed. They took water and supplies, headed to the river and looked for a boat. They found a boat, traveled 8km to the rapids, got out of the boat before the rapids, put their stuff on shore, and sent the boat down the river. They hiked 1 km into the bush and hid out from searchers until they died.

Personal item? IMO, it probably looked like their gear, nearly all, or enough random bits to appear as thought their gear had been separated from them. From the findings on the beach, police were pretty convinced that the suspects were no longer alive.

It is in fact possible there were body parts found on the beach. Maybe dragged there by animals.

I think 11,000 sq km is probably from Split Lake to York Landing, Gillam, Sundance and part of the Nelson River, plus the train tracks from Gillam to Churchill and York Landing. There's also the ferry from Split Lake to York Landing.

area = 11,000 square kilometres
area = length x width
111.025 = 105 x 105

a square with sides of 105 km makes 11,000 sq km
it's probably more of a rectangle with spots at Churchill and the Hudson Bay.

The red dot represents Gillam, the car and the bodies. Ignore the light blue route.

View attachment 197640
Thank you! I wish I could like it more than once!!
I can't tell you how much it helps.

Highway signs could have displayed a cautionary message for drivers at 9AM. RCMP at Fort Nelson, Watson Lake, and Dease Lake could have chosen an appropriate early message.

News alerts do not reach all drivers, and Prof. Dyck almost certainly didn't hear about the murders when he paused at Stikine River lookout.

On July 16? What would the message say? RCMP is investigating 2 suspicious deaths on hwy 97?

Was he in the Dease Lake area from July 15 - 19?

I can't blame the McLeods for not talking to the media, other than releasing a brief statement. They went through a real roller-coaster within a matter of days--their son being declared missing then being declared a suspect in multiple murders then him being an internationally infamous fugitive then finally him likely being found dead. At one point his father mentioned something about not being able to speak without sobbing, and I think he was probably telling the truth. I think it is also probably true that they lawyered up, but I can't blame them.

As for the mayor telling people to keep their mouths shut, I think that was more civic embarrassment and a desire for reporters to stop prowling around the town than any edict from the McLeods. I've not read of anyone who had anything less than complimentary to say about KM and his personality. People who knew both of them don't seem surprised about BS becoming infamous but expressed genuine shock at KM being part of a crime spree. I don't think the townspeople are hiding any deep, dark secrets about him nor do I think his family was.

But I do think Kam McLeod was hiding some deep, dark secrets within himself, and that's why he and BS were such good friends. I think the darkness that was in Bryer was something that appealed to KM and was probably quite foreign to his own relatively privileged life. BS lacked the social awareness/ability/desire to hide that side of himself, but I think KM was fully capable of it.

I will admit that I find KM more interesting for this reason. I get why BS was the way he was, I think. KM leaves me scratching my head a lot more, and I agree with those of you who think KM was more of the ringleader.

All MOO.

I agree. If my son had killed (or was suspected of killing) the son of another as well as a lovely young woman and an older gentleman, I sure as heck would not be hiding out. At least Bryer's family came forward. Say what you will about the father, he IS mentally unwell. Bryer had no immediate family to guide him. He appeared to be a lost soul. Not so Kam.
That’s a total assumption on KM mental well-being. We have no idea.

It becomes a communication issue. Perhaps people would prefer an alert, like the Amber Alert, that cannot be turned off. That would give 911 operators something to do while they wait for tips about a murder - field disgruntled customers who choose to ignore the news.

Heh! Oh gosh, that would be crazy, especially since there are often multiple news releases and public alerts on any given day. We'd all become completely paranoid.

Didn't they each display multiple gunshot wounds? Otto, are you saying rcmp took 11 hours to figure out that's what killed them?
And I don't see why waiting 3 days to find the victim's identity would delay protecting the public with some appropriate police road block presence or some effective signage.
Why would the who matter?

RCMP don't figure how they died.

It was 4 hours for police to arrive at the scene (shortest possible time). That means they arrived at 11AM. The medical examiner has to determine how they died. That means an autopsy and official findings. The bodies had to get to the medical examiner. That all takes time.

What should RCMP and Alaska police do to protect people on the Alaska hwy other than announce through all available channels that RCMP Major Crimes is investigating 2 suspicious deaths 20km S of Liard Hot Springs that occurred on July 15. That information was out there. Nothing would change if they were stabbed, shot, or blown up. It was suspicious and people were told.

On July 16? What would the message say? RCMP is investigating 2 suspicious deaths on hwy 97?

Was he in the Dease Lake area from July 15 - 19?
We all knew in Fort Nelson the very next morning. They addressed it right away to the public and all along the highway. More so there was a homicide(S) and to be vigilant.

RCMP don't figure how they died.

It was 4 hours for police to arrive at the scene (shortest possible time). That means they arrived at 11AM. The medical examiner has to determine how they died. That means an autopsy and official findings. The bodies had to get to the medical examiner. That all takes time.

What should RCMP and Alaska police do to protect people on the Alaska hwy other than announce through all available channels that RCMP Major Crimes is investigating 2 suspicious deaths 20km S of Liard Hot Springs that occurred on July 15. That information was out there. Nothing would change if they were stabbed, shot, or blown up. It was suspicious and people were told.

This is simply not true. There is a huge difference between "suspicious deaths" and "shot dead." It makes a big difference in how much it gets reported, and people's perception of danger.

But of course this has all been said before. You blame the victims but the RCMP are the shining White Knights in all of this. I have to wonder if you are RCMP.

I haven't had a chance to post much of the afternoon/evening, so trying to catch up with discussions everyone else is probably done with. :)

The speculation about them maybe wanting the van because KM's family may have been expressing concern about him not responding to messages so they desired a vehicle not connected to them was interesting to me. From the beginning, when it was revealed that BS told conflicting stories on where they were going (Yukon, Alberta) and why (work, road trip), I have wondered what KM told his family and if it differed from both of BS's stories and if he stopped communicating around the time BS did.

I also wonder how long they were planning this trip. I know BS made it seem spontaneous, but the camper strikes me as a bit of an odd thing for a teen to get for his vehicle unless he is planning a road trip. Maybe it was for their camping trips/survivalist outing (LOL at survivalists in a camper but that's a digression), but maybe they had discussed a trip beforehand.

One thing that burns me about this whole thing is that if these two were so miserable at home in Port Alberni, nothing was stopping them from doing exactly what they claimed they were doing--going somewhere else for work. Likewise, nothing was stopping them from sucking it up and working at Wal-Mart for a year or two to save their money to go do whatever they wanted to do. Even if they were drastically unhappy, they had their friendship, which was clearly dysfunctional, but I think their bond with each other was strong and genuine. This didn't have to lead to anyone's death. :(

Could someone please tell me how a phone callout would work on the Alaska Highway, where there areas lacking cell coverage?

If people were unable to get a cell signal, they have to rely on old fashioned methods that were used before the invention of the cell phone. People stopped to ask if they needed or wanted help. They declined.

It is in fact possible there were body parts found on the beach. Maybe dragged there by animals.

The trucker contacted RCMP, RCMP contacted the road worker, the road worker contacted RCMP. What do they use?

Were there any photos that showed the ground behind the van? Because I would like to see such photos.
I wanna say I saw a video of someone driving by from behind the van slowly and they slowed the video down as well. Or maybe the photos were all in a row from screenshots of the video-can’t remember which it was. I’ll look for it, I never thought to even look if there was glass behind the van.

The trucker contacted RCMP, RCMP contacted the road worker, the road worker contacted RCMP. What do they use?
Satellite phone or they went to the Hot Springs Lodge and used the phone/relayed the information. I would assume. There was no service where they were for sure. And they use radios to communicate together up there. Truckers and the road crew would all have had that. Probably the rcmp too. It’s Ladd 1 everyone uses I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks