Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is simply not true. There is a huge difference between "suspicious deaths" and "shot dead." It makes a big difference in how much it gets reported, and people's perception of danger.

But of course this has all been said before. You blame the victims but the RCMP are the shining White Knights in all of this. I have to wonder if you are RCMP.

That depends. In Canada, when RCMP Major Crimes Unit is investigating "suspicious deaths," that means murder. How the murder victims ended up dead doesn't matter, just that something happened that should not have happened and the Canadian version of the FBI are investigating.

We definitely don’t know that. The back door could have been open.

One possibility is that Kam was standing on the road talking to the tourists, they were standing behind their van, and Bryer was in the van with a gun. That could explain glass on the ground outside the van.

One possibility is that Kam was standing on the road talking to the tourists, they were standing behind their van, and Bryer was in the van with a gun. That could explain glass on the ground outside the van.

If it was Kam standing there talking to them, wouldn't it have been their truck spotted there rather than a black jeep though?

ETA: Unless you are just meaning in general and are not making any reference to the sighting of the man talking with them.

They went through a real roller-coaster within a matter of days--their son being declared missing then being declared a suspect in multiple murders then him being an internationally infamous fugitive then finally him likely being found dead.

<modsnip - profane language> Yet another reason why I'm never having kids. Imagine raising your son with care and love for two decades and all the hopes for the best in their future, and right as you launch them into adult life, they go on a random murder spree with their lifelong BFF (who was probably like a son to the McLeods too after all those years) and die in the wilderness. Especially with few or no warning signs. How do you even come back mentally from something like that happening? How do you ever trust anyone you know ever again?

But I do think Kam McLeod was hiding some deep, dark secrets within himself, and that's why he and BS were such good friends. I think the darkness that was in Bryer was something that appealed to KM and was probably quite foreign to his own relatively privileged life. BS lacked the social awareness/ability/desire to hide that side of himself, but I think KM was fully capable of it.

I will admit that I find KM more interesting for this reason. I get why BS was the way he was, I think. KM leaves me scratching my head a lot more, and I agree with those of you who think KM was more of the ringleader.

Totally agree. Bryer was your typical loose cannon type of troubled teenager, easy to figure out. Whereas with Kam you're like "WTF was going on in this dude's head on a daily basis?" I realllllly wonder what kind of conversations the two of them were having when nobody else was around.

That’s a total assumption on KM mental well-being. We have no idea.

I mean, it's pretty clear at this point that both of them were lost souls with serious mental issues, regardless of whatever positive influences they may have had.

Last edited by a moderator:
If people were unable to get a cell signal, they have to rely on old fashioned methods that were used before the invention of the cell phone. People stopped to ask if they needed or wanted help. They declined.

And now, the RCMP are telling people on that road not to stop and get out of their vehicles if they think someone needs help. Just roll the window down and ask, but don't get out.

Question above related to how an amber alert type situation would work with no cell signal, as in, it wouldn't.

Last edited:
I wanna say I saw a video of someone driving by from behind the van slowly and they slowed the video down as well. Or maybe the photos were all in a row from screenshots of the video-can’t remember which it was. I’ll look for it, I never thought to even look if there was glass behind the van.

66D08D99-C867-486A-B2CF-9F38B8B96947.jpeg
C3E2853F-2468-49AD-A1DC-65FC115A32E9.png

Didn't they each display multiple gunshot wounds? Otto, are you saying rcmp took 11 hours to figure out that's what killed them?
And I don't see why waiting 3 days to find the victim's identity would delay protecting the public with some appropriate police road block presence or some effective signage.
Why would the who matter?
Read back. It was report on the 16th by the RCMP.

I, for one, have never thought that sketch, done with info from the witness who saw LF and CD talking to someone, looked even remotely like KM, nor did the vehicle description, which was pretty specific, match anything that KM and BS have ever been associated with. As someone else pointed out probably when the sketch was first released some 13 threads back, it looks more like Fidel Castro than either of the suspects, imo

Last edited:
If it was Kam standing there talking to them, wouldn't it have been their truck spotted there rather than a black jeep though?

ETA: Unless you are just meaning in general and are not making any reference to the sighting of the man talking with them.

I think the witness made mistakes in her 11:30PM drive by memory.

Totally agree. Bryer was your typical loose cannon type of troubled teenager, easy to figure out. Whereas with Kam you're like "WTF was going on in this dude's head on a daily basis?" I realllllly wonder what kind of conversations the two of them were having when nobody else was around.
Yep, I used to work in a public library. A lot of gamer teens hung around for the free internet. They'd be about KM and BS's age, actually, now that I think about it. And there were a handful whom I used to tell my coworkers, "We'll all be on Dateline or 48 Hours talking about that one one day." If one of those kids went on a murder spree, I would not be surprised at all. And based on the recurring issue of people mentioning BS being creepy, I imagine he gave off a similar vibe.

But there were others who were sweet kids. They were polite and always a pleasure to talk to. They were often friends with the ones we all thought were ticking timebombs, and who knows what they chatted about on their own. I can't even say I knew them well, but if one of them went on a murder spree, I couldn't wrap my head around it. I can't even imagine it while typing this. I'm sure KM's family and friends are in that category. But the fact remains, KM could drive, he was the one with the car--if he didn't want to be there, he didn't have to be. I guess no matter how well you think you know somebody . . . doesn't mean you really know them.

And now, the RCMP are telling people on that road not to stop and get out of their vehicles if they think someone needs help. Just roll the window down and ask, but don't get out.

Question above related to how an amber alert type situation would work with no cell signal, as in, it wouldn't.

I doubt people will stop helping each other because two loonies from Port Alberni shot 3 people in the area.

I wanna say I saw a video of someone driving by from behind the van slowly and they slowed the video down as well. Or maybe the photos were all in a row from screenshots of the video-can’t remember which it was. I’ll look for it, I never thought to even look if there was glass behind the van.
I saw that footage too. I couldn't find it, I hope you do.

I, for one, have never thought that sketch, done with info from the witness who saw LF and CD talking to someone, looked even remotely like KM, nor did the vehicle description, which was pretty specific, match anything that KM and BS have been associated with. As someone else pointed out probably when the sketch was first released some 13 threads back, it looks more like Fidel Castro than either of the suspects, imo
LOL I see the Fidel resemblance!

To me, the sketch doesn't look like KM and never really did. I guess one part of the description that always threw me was the witness saying he was dark-complected and dark-headed. Maybe he would appear that way late at night with poor lighting, but I would never describe someone with that hair color as dark-headed. And I thought he looked super pasty-white in the surveillance footage and all photos I've seen of him, so again, I'd never describe him as dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01