Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Look at my Nazi knife, grandma, isn't that cool?!?! Do you want to speak of politics together?"

Yeah, I don't see that going over well.

Incidentally, I found it interesting that--according to AS--he did push back on BS when he manifested an interest in Nazi stuff. I know he has some credibility issues, but I do think he was genuinely bewildered by that--and BS thinking he was Russian--due to his own Ukrainian background.

I never understood that. Why would BS think he was Russian if his dad told him he wasn't? Was he adopted?

I doubt it. RCMP in Manitoba will send forenics to the lab, RCMP in BC will get the results. The bodies will be returned to BC after autopsy.

Still wondering about this considering there are only three RCMP forensic labs in Canada.

“The RCMP have three forensic laboratories in Canada located in Vancouver, Edmonton and Ottawa. These labs provide a wide range of programs and services to law enforcement agencies.”
From the rcmp website.

So if Winnipeg RCMP are not equipped to do forensics will everything be sent to Vancouver? Thus, further delaying results?

I never understood that. Why would BS think he was Russian if his dad told him he wasn't? Was he adopted?
I suspect that misunderstanding developed from the several years or so his father was out of his life when he was a child and early teen. His mother may not have cared or known, and he may have just assumed he was Russian or been told that. Thinking he probably just knew his last name ended with -sky and went with that.

Kind of morbid but does the RCMP have a certain timeframe they have to release the bodies back to the families? Once they are finished the autopsies will they immediately release the bodies to the families?

The bodies would be held by the Chief Medical Examiners Office, Province of Manitoba. Police do not conduct autopsies. How long that process will take before the bodies are released, anyone’s guess.

Justice | Province of Manitoba

I still believe the difficulty in identifying L&C posed a challenge because without knowing who the victims were, the RCMP didn’t know what was their reason to be in the area. They didn’t know they were harmless foreign tourists who didn’t know a soul who were only an adventurous vacation. The police didn’t know any of that at 9am on July 15th.
Those investigations can proceed while the local signs display an immediate "Named Alert" which can be removed if the suspected murders turn out to be roadside suicides.

Last edited:
"Look at my Nazi knife, grandma, isn't that cool?!?! Do you want to speak of politics together?"

Yeah, I don't see that going over well.

Incidentally, I found it interesting that--according to AS--he did push back on BS when he manifested an interest in Nazi stuff. I know he has some credibility issues, but I do think he was genuinely bewildered by that--and BS thinking he was Russian--due to his own Ukrainian background.

I mean, I would hope the vast majority of parents, no matter how historically absent from parenting duties they were, would give their kid a VERY stern talking-to once they go full Third Reich.

The Ukraine was part of Russia at one time...in fact it only became independent in 1991.

Based on things I’ve read it was a tip about Kam and Bryers location and how it intersected with Chynna and Lucas. But there has not been any publicly released info about that tip. There also hasn’t been info released by police about the travel route either party took, although I assume they have managed to trace each route to at least a small degree.
Can you share the link where you read about a tip. I'd love to read it myself! Thanks.

I don't know if Kam and Bryer committed the three murders, or whether there is a third person involved because there's not enough information from the police yet. I will say though -- and some here have predicted this -- that finding the two of them dead in the woods would be exactly the outcome you would expect if they were somehow set-up as patsies, or if there has been someone else calling the shots (so to speak). If it turns out that they have been dead more than a few days then I will wonder why the belongings and the boat suddenly showed up only a couple of days ago.
It’s also exactly the outcome many of us predicted if there was just the two of them. Running scared, not prepared, flying by the seat of their pants, and.... dead. Suicide or by the elements.

Can you share the link where you read about a tip. I'd love to read it myself! Thanks.

I follow the Alberta police, BC Highway Services and other various official pages on Facebook, but can’t link to anything as it’s not an acceptable link sorry.

This quote from the Star article. IF this is what police said then I think they jumped the gun about declaring McLeod and Schmegelsky suspects in the deaths of Fowler and Deese. IMO a theory is not enough to have named them as suspects or wanted for the murder of the pair. Again I wonder if the lack of charges for Fowler and Deese (before Mcleod/Schmegelsky were found deceased) was because a lack of support from crown in what was presented to them.

RCMP say the case is still open and they are working to confirm their theory as to what happened

‘Murder is not a private matter’: RCMP owe public more answers about suspected B.C. killers, critics say | The Star

From the same article - we learn this:

What led police to first suspect Schmegelsky and McLeod?

The RCMP have previously told Star Vancouver that a tip changed the status of the two men from “missing persons” to “suspects” on July 23 — and it was very sudden. What was that tip?

Yeah -- what was the tip?

The bodies would be held by the Chief Medical Examiners Office, Province of Manitoba. Police do not conduct autopsies. How long that process will take before the bodies are released, anyone’s guess.

Justice | Province of Manitoba

Medical examiner does the autopsy, all results are sent to lab and made available to RCMP. In this case, homicide investigation is BC jurisdiction, so they'll interpret the results in the context of other evidence.

Journalists didn’t really have the ability to question cops in Gillam. Questioning happened in Winnipeg and not many questions were ever answered, there was more pressing questions at the time. I don’t know if they are in police hands now, I’ll make some enquiries.
Thanks...appreciated. The G&M presented the photo without any additional comment or context beyond, essentially, here are some keys at a crime scene. I didn’t see a follow up article. That’s not what I’d expect in the case of a clear police failure. Journalists would typically hold police feet to the fire on a matter like this and dig for answers. With what we know now, the simplest explanation may be that the keys that look like they could be old and significantly corroded are in fact old, and significantly corroded, and irrelevant. As far as I know, nobody has put their byline on a claim otherwise, at least to date.

From the same article - we learn this:

What led police to first suspect Schmegelsky and McLeod?

The RCMP have previously told Star Vancouver that a tip changed the status of the two men from “missing persons” to “suspects” on July 23 — and it was very sudden. What was that tip?

Yeah -- what was the tip?

Otto suggested it was the fact they were spotted in a different province in the stolen RAV 4. Seems pretty plausible to me.

The suspects, all of them, were found 1 km from personal belongings. Their personal belongings were found on the shore 9 km from the car. They were found closer to 8 km from the car.

... no body parts on the beach.
So what could have made the RCMP feel that they were dead? Blood? Tissue?

And how can you be so sure, it’s not like they said “we found two full bodies with all appendages back in the bush...”

BS followed the Azov Battalion, which has many Nazi admirers.

My wife's grandparents came from Galicia area that is now split between Poland, Ukraine and Russia, so she has distant relatives in all 3 countries now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader