Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always wondered if the two attempted to use LDs credit or debit card in Meadow Lake. Because it was soon after that the RCMP announced the 3rd victim had been identified pending notification of next of kin.
This is going to sound super dumb, but how do you use someone’s debit card without knowing their PIN?

John Doe was missing though. It sounds as if police attended the burning Dodge fairly quickly, it was a person who told them about the body (Len Dyck) on the side of the road a short distance away. Perhaps because of the police sketch asking for tips they reviewed highway cams or even talked to other witnesses who had been in the area linking John Doe to the RAV4. Once they had the RAV4 after it burnt the VIN# most likely helped them identify who their John Doe was.

I'm pretty sure that Dr L. Dyck was identified through the burned Rav4 VIN.

I'm not saying it's historically or ethnologically accurate. But from his perspective, technically he could maybe get away with calling himself Russian because the Ukraine was part of Russia at the time when his grandparents left. And I assume the reason he wanted to do this is because some Westerners have this idea of Russians as being "crazy"/"badass", plus one of his friends said he was interested in Communism. I don't know if the Nazi part actually had anything to do with his ancestry or it was more of a neo-Nazi type of thing...I mean white supremacists aren't exactly known for their logical reasoning....

Actually this reminded me of something...my husband once told me in his high school there was a group of Latino white supremacists. I was like "...??!!" He didn't have an explanation for it either.
True! Many people not familiar with Eastern Europe also are not aware of Ukraine or where it is. He may have known he was Ukrainian and just not wanted to bother explaining it to his geographically-challenged pals.

Edited to add: I wonder, too, how much of his interest in Nazism and communism was an interest in being perceived edgy, more than anything.

This is going to sound super dumb, but how do you use someone’s debit card without knowing their PIN?

No idea. Lucas Fowler used a credit card at the gas station in Fort Nelson. My impression is that the card belonged to Chynna. They could have given up their money, cards and PINs to save their lives.

Exactly.

LD was a john doe, and whether his vehicle missing or not would also not be known.

However, I believe it was probably the teens themselves that were spotted in another Provence, and from their "missing persons" posts and publicity, that is what led to the tip. Not a stolen Rav4.

MOO
Agreed! I think LE could reasonably assume that they had to have at least stolen another vehicle for them to be zooming around miles away after their truck was found burning, but it was more the fact of where they were popping up and that they were not checking in that was significant rather than the vehicle itself.

I'm pretty sure that Dr L. Dyck was identified through the burned Rav4 VIN.
Thats what the timeline suggested to me as well. They got the Meadow Lake sighting, reviewed other security tape outside and got the small grainy photo of the vehicle, and it and the owner were not identified until the VIN was accessed.

An article noting that police neglected to collect potentially relevant evidence at a crime scene would not be speculative, it would be objectively stating what you seem to be presenting as facts. The G&M published the photo, but did not make any assertion to that effect. Unless and until there is additional information, we have to at least consider that there is a legitimate reason for the paper not to have done so.

Not sure you know entirely how the process of journalism tends to work. The field reporters and photographers file each day and the editors in a newsroom determine what is published. I believe (and it’s not based purely on speculation) that the photographer would have taken images of lots of things in the area, burnt trees, some melted tires, etc and the keys. Those images would be filed and just happened to run in this article. This forum is full of people who care about the absolute tiniest details that most members of the public couldn’t care less about and wouldn’t buy a newspaper to read.

As mentioned earlier I have made enquiries about the keys, I believe them to be in police hands now but I want to confirm. The issue is that they sat in an unsecured crime scene for at least a few days when they should have been collected at the same time as the car was taken away for forensic analysis.

The RCMPs failures along the course of this investigation are otherwise well documented in the media.

True! Many people not familiar with Eastern Europe also are not aware of Ukraine or where it is. He may have known he was Ukrainian and just not wanted to bother explaining it to his geographically-challenged pals.

Edited to add: I wonder, too, how much of his interest in Nazism and communism was an interest in being perceived edgy, more than anything.

I read somewhere (no idea of the source, sorry) that one of his friends also said he would talk in a fake Russian accent sometimes, like while gaming...hmm I wonder why everyone thought he was so weird....

Also I'm pretty sure being perceived as edgy was a significant motivator.

I could be wrong but I think it was the tip involving the sighting of the previously considered missing pair at Meadow Lake, Sask including CCTV of the RAV4.

What I don't understand here is each of these sightings Split Lake, Meadow Lake, Constable Check Stop, etc., -- they've all gone on record stating that they were unaware the teens were wanted suspects until the following day.

To me that says that all these people didn't know the teens were "missing persons" either.

They were missing persons before they were suspects, correct?

MOO

I read somewhere (no idea of the source, sorry) that one of his friends also said he would talk in a fake Russian accent sometimes, like while gaming...hmm I wonder why everyone thought he was so weird....

LOL I think I read that too. I think he was socially awkward, but I also feel like some of the stuff he pulled was so over-the-top trollish that he had to know it was going to be poorly received. This might have been why he was friends with KM. Everyone else was repulsed by it, but KM wasn't.

BS's Steam account previous usernames also feature Cyrillic. KM's Steam usernames, meanwhile, never seemed Russian in nature but several included the handle angelofdeath.

So Bryer was smart enough to manipulate people and make it work for him? Kam was attending a self-paced blended learning program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez