Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that is entirely possible. We have only seen photos of one side of the van as far as I am aware.
I feel they approached the van. Lucas heard something outside the van and got up and out to check, he was killed outside. I feel Chynna woke up looked out the back window of the van they saw her and shot her in the face. I think that is why her family said it would not be an 'open coffin'

I feel they approached the van. Lucas heard something outside the van and got up and out to check, he was killed outside. I feel Chynna woke up looked out the back window of the van they saw her and shot her in the face. I think that is why her family said it would not be an 'open coffin'

They would have burned the van if it was a bloody mess. Both bodies were outside the van, Chynna was wearing one shoe. It's more likely that they were shot outside the van. The question I have is whether one was shot through the back window of the van. I can't quite figure out why it looks like it was shot from the inside, but the victims were killed outside.

For example, Kam could be standing in the middle of the highway accosting the victims while Bryer crept into the van via the open side doors and shot them out the back window.

It does seem that to some extent they wanted to experience game style highs in real life. One person causing a distraction while the other shoots seems like a game scenario that they might want to make real.

Last edited:
Just read this article ‘Murder is not a private matter’: RCMP owe public more answers about suspected B.C. killers, critics say — The Star. Some interesting concerns. They go over the questions that still need to be answered. They say that it was a tip that lead to the boys being named suspects. I didn’t know that.

“What led police to first suspect Schmegelsky and McLeod?

The RCMP have previously told Star Vancouver that a tip changed the status of the two men from “missing persons” to “suspects” on July 23 — and it was very sudden. What was that tip? “
When the guy who helped at Cold Lake phoned in or the co-op sighting. They needed someone out there to give a visual credible tip and connect the Rav4 too because they knew by then the Rav was Mr. Dyck's

They would have burned the van if it was a bloody mess. Both bodies were outside the van, Chynna was wearing one shoe. It's more likely that they were shot outside the van. The question I have is whether one was shot through the back window of the van. I can't quite figure out why it looks like it was shot from the inside, but the victims were killed outside.

For example, Kam could be standing in the middle of the highway accosting the victims while Bryer crept into the van via the open side doors and shot them out the back window.
Who said both victims were killed outside?

"Look at my Nazi knife, grandma, isn't that cool?!?! Do you want to speak of politics together?"

Yeah, I don't see that going over well.

Incidentally, I found it interesting that--according to AS--he did push back on BS when he manifested an interest in Nazi stuff. I know he has some credibility issues, but I do think he was genuinely bewildered by that--and BS thinking he was Russian--due to his own Ukrainian background.

I agree. BS’s father said his son was not a Nazi sympathizer but thought it was “cool”. AS said his son brought him to a military surplus store in his hometown of Port Alberni eight months ago, and he was excited about the stock of Nazi items.

AS said, “I was disgusted and dragged him out”. “My grandparents fled the Ukraine with three small children during the Second World War.”

Still, AS said he didn’t think his son identified as a neo-Nazi. “He thought he was Russian,” the teen’s dad said. “Germans are their enemies.”

https://nypost.com/2019/07/29/dad-of-teen-suspect-in-canada-killings-he-wasnt-a-neo-nazi/

DBM

Weird double post that is clearly Websleuths attempting to intimidate me into going to sleep. Fine! I will! :)

Happened to me too! I thought it was my internet lol

I'm thinking it was up close and more personal than that... only because I don't think these guys had good enough aim, video games or not!

I am curious to know if the crime happened at night in the dark or daybreak. I'm veering on the side it happened when light out as I'm disturbed by the fact that the couple didn't seems to have mortal/execution style wounds.

The men could've shot them both in the head. LF was shot in the stomach, he would have to bleed out. CD shot in the face seems a bit symbolic to me as she was attractive/pretty. IIRC the paramedic mentioned dried blood bubbles on face so probably still breathing. These deaths did not seems swift but agonizing. I have to wonder if KM and BS sat and watched them as they clinged to life. There could have been a physical struggle as to where the wounds were, but doubtful with 2 perps.

Logically, it makes the most sense that they were killed outside.

Kill them inside, and there’s no reason to drag the bodies away from the vehicle.

The longer the bodies go unspotted, the more time and distance they can put between them and law enforcement.

But to your point, I don’t think there has been any confirmation as to where they were killed.

Inside or outside.

When the guy who helped at Cold Lake phoned in or the co-op sighting. They needed someone out there to give a visual credible tip and connect the Rav4 too because they knew by then the Rav was Mr. Dyck's

Dr Leonard Dyck was unidentified until after the burning Rav4 was discovered. The Rav4 was burned on July 22, It was connected to the investigation on July 23. On July 24, Dyck was identified.

The sad thing is, the few crimes I've really intensely followed on WS and go on to follow their trials are ALWAYS much, much worse than I ever thought after hearing detailed, shocking, horrific, gruesome evidence.

That's why LE and MSM keep the public in the dark until trial, it's traumatizing for the public following as well. I'm curious what we don't know and LE isn't telling us in these ones.

The victims were found outside the van. Chynna was wearing one shoe. She wasn't sleeping with her shoes on, and she was alive at 11:30PM. It's highly likely that she was outside the van wearing at least one shoe when she was shot.

Also, from the Fort Nelson gas station footage we know that they removed their shoes in the van, even for driving. Any footwear means they were outside the van.

I'm betting that they were killed outside the van. If the shot was fired from inside the van, I think Kam was outside distracting the victims while Bryer fired the first shot through the window because he was curious about whether it worked, and Bryer was curious what it looked like when people are shot. How's that for a wild game scenario theory for non-virtual murder!

The victims were found outside the van. Chynna was wearing one shoe. She wasn't sleeping with her shoes on, and she was alive at 11:30PM. It's highly likely that she was outside the van wearing at least one shoe when she was shot.

Also, from the Fort Nelson gas station footage we know that they removed their shoes in the van, even for driving. Any footwear means they were outside the van.

I'm betting that they were killed outside the van. If the shot was fired from inside the van, I think Kam was outside distracting the victims while Bryer fired the first shot through the window because he was curious about whether it worked, and Bryer was curious what it looked like when people are shot. How's that for a wild game scenario theory for non-virtual murder!

Good point about the shoe Otto, I think they were shot outside as well.

But she had only one shoe on.....which means the other would have been inside the van.....perhaps she was putting it on they shot Lucas outside and realized there is another person in there and shot her then. Their bodies were dragged to the 'ditch area.

Maybe the couple were friendly with the guys at first too for all we know. Kam and Bryer come across as very unassuming and they may have disarmed the friendly couple and even chatted with them/hung out for a bit and had a beer depending on the time of day/night. The guys asked the about alcohol at the dry reservation correct? Was that a deflection or were they drinking?

I'm still holding my breath whether or not there may have been a sexual assault. Otto reminded us that Chynna had one shoe on so that to me says possibly no assault, but if they were all friendly outside hanging out for awhile who knows if she was ordered in the van at gun point and then back window blown out in a struggle.

But she had only one shoe on.....which means the other would have been inside the van.....perhaps she was putting it on they shot Lucas outside and realized there is another person in there and shot her then. Their bodies were dragged to the 'ditch area.

Maybe her body was moved or dragged to the ditch and she lost a shoe.

I doubt the other shoe was in the van since they removed their shoes in the van and put them on when they went out.

Someone suggested that the reason they were in the same position is because they were dragged to the ditch and rolled over so that one arm was under their bodies. What sort of shoes is she wearing at the gas station? Flip flops?

Maybe the couple were friendly with the guys at first too for all we know. Kam and Bryer come across as very unassuming and they may have disarmed the friendly couple and even chatted with them/hung out for a bit and had a beer depending on the time of day/night. The guys asked the about alcohol at the dry reservation correct? Was that a deflection or were they drinking?

I'm still holding my breath whether or not there may have been a sexual assault. Otto reminded us that Chynna had one shoe on so that to me says possibly no assault, but if they were all friendly outside hanging out for awhile who knows if she was ordered in the van at gun point and then back window blown out in a struggle.

Kam and Bryer were looking to get a game high through same non-virtual experiences (my theory). I think one accosted the victims while the other was strategically nearby taking aim.

The witness described a middle of the night scene with one Caucasian bearded man, nearly the same height as Lucas, standing in the middle of the road and who made her so uncomfortable that she kept driving. Maybe that Caucasian bearded man had a sneaky friend with a gun.

It's not very accessible by foot, and parts of it are not at all accessible. The bodies were transported by boat because there were no trails to take them on. Here's some imagery of the area:

Melissa Tait on Twitter
Melissa Tait on Twitter

The bodies must have been fairly close to the river or they would have used the major road that's near by to remove them. The road is roughly 400-500m from the river at that point. I'm thinking they must have been found within 250m of the river.

Yes they were considered missing at first. But unlike an Amber Alert that reaches a wide audience many missing person reports do not get seen by a very large audience, especially in the beginning.
Yes, not only were they considered as 'missing' at first, it was also thought the killer of Fowler/Deese may have killed them and burnt their truck/camper, as well as the discovery of Mr. Dyck's body - for a day or so there was a thought 5 people were killed including the 2 boys.

Last edited:
I also hope that Canadians will demand answers, real answers this time (conflating it with releasing the names was dissembling at best) on why it took over 4 days for them to reveal that anyone had been murdered. Expecting people to read between the lines that "suspicious" means "murdered" is preposterous; if they mean murder, then say murder.

I'll close by saying that I have no rights on this issue, nor any say in it, and that's as it should be - I'm not Canadian. This is a matter for Canadians to decide and, if they so wish, change, but they can't make a decision on that without knowing facts.

As someone who lives in B.C., Canada, I wish people would get over this need to think we weren't aware. As someone who checks local and national headlines every morning, I was aware of a suspicious death a day or 2 after it happened.

Canadians read the words 'suspicious death' and know somethings not right. We all know what suspicious death means....No definitive cause of death yet but be forewarned - you should be aware.

Too many people posting here from elsewhere think we weren't warned. We were warned...if we cared to pay attention to the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CausticRain