Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the RCMP are incompetent.

And this answer quoted above is why I truly hope there is some info/explanation as to what evidence there is to convince the public that B/K are in fact responsible for the murders of Lucas & Chynna. Otherwise there will always be questions and wonder. JMO

Last edited:
There’s multitude of “bad” people in every province, in every state, in every country who have warrants issued against them. Don’t you follow the local news in your hometown? An Amber Alert has nothing to do with wanted fugitives - it’s a child emergency protection system, who are believed to be abducted and at risk.

RCMP in British Columbia - Wanted Persons
Thanks for clarifying...Maybe we could just have a radio station/website/app with that announcement in loop. People could go there to hear it, when they felt they needed a warning.

Highly unlikely. The pair didn’t need any help getting to Bird, they burnt their car in walking distance to Bird. If the call to the cabbie is relevant it would be someone who was attempting to meet KM and BS

What if the suspects called a cab - what then? What does that mean in the context of three murders, two burned vehicles and two (not 3 or 4, just 2) deceased suspects?

I'm finding the same, it's going in circles and people who don't live in the area (or aren't familiar with rural areas with limited cell service) have no clue what it's like. They just don't understand how connected the communities are along the highway are, how often many of us travel both highways, how familiar we all are with them and people along the way, how travelers connect on the highway, etc. All it takes is a couple signs posted that afternoon and word would have spread that day.

To me it doesn't matter about the terminology of the warning when it did come out or how much Canadians understand said terminology. My point is that it came out 36 hours too late. People on that highway that day and along the highway (us in the Yukon) deserved to know about the murders (or suspicious, deaths, whatever you want to call it I don't care), THAT DAY. If it's possible that there are killers driving along the highway, then alert people ASAP.

If this is something the people who live in northern BC and Yukon want, then you have every right to seek changes through your local MLA. The RCMP do not operate in a sieve, their protocol is established through the Dept of Public Safety.

Anonymous people posting on a public forum do not drive change. But change can occur if people who live in those areas reach out and seek it.

sandbar:

"The question is: did Picton's victims families have any say in whether that info was released? I don't know..."

But look at who the victims were, KWIM?
Would have been a strange trial if cause of death weren’t mentioned.

This is ridiculous, maybe we need an AMBER ALERT for this...
**PUBLIC WARNING**
Bad people may be in your province, your neighbourhood, bad people may even be in your family. Not just today, but tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day... You are warned...
You are obviously unaware of how uncommon two murders are on the Alaska highway. And I'm not sure how you equate two killers with "bad people"??? It's a bit more than that. And there are limited areas they can go from the murder scene so yes, it is worth warning people about. LD for example could have heard that warning before he decided to take his last minute trip to Dease Lake, where he wasn't even planning on going to originally. He might have changed his mind if he had that information.

What if the suspects called a cab - what then? What does that mean in the context of three murders, two burned vehicles and two (not 3 or 4, just 2) deceased suspects?

It means nothing in the context of the murders but if the call came from a local friend of theirs that person could go a long way to helping trace the motive. If investigated early enough it may have lead police to KM and BS while still alive

Then why is it they released that the couple died of gun violence?

It doesn't follow they didn't do the same for LD before or after he was identified. I don't think the public is asking for all the gory details.

MOO
The family of Lucas revealed how they both died to the Australian media. The police eventually confirmed it, probably with permission of both families.

If this is something the people who live in northern BC and Yukon want, then you have every right to seek changes through your local MLA. The RCMP do not operate in a sieve, their protocol is established through the Dept of Public Safety.

Anonymous people posting on a public forum do not drive change.
This discussion is not about making change, nor do I expect to make it here. When people post from thousands of miles away who have no clue what life is like here say the warnings were adequate, I take exception to that. It's my opinion, and is based on living through this as it played out very close by.

Change can happen elsewhere, but this is a discussion about how things happened.

You are obviously unaware of how uncommon two murders are on the Alaska highway. And I'm not sure how you equate two killers with "bad people"??? It's a bit more than that. And there are limited areas they can go from the murder scene so yes, it is worth warning people about. LD for example could have heard that warning before he decided to take his last minute trip to Dease Lake, where he wasn't even planning on going to originally. He might have changed his mind if he had that information.
We don't know when LD changed his plans or why. It's quite possible he would still have gone to Deace Lake.

I'm just saying if you need a warning to be careful when you are travelling or are in a remote place, I just gave it to you, now you can never say you had no warning...

We don't know when LD changed his plans or why. It's quite possible he would still have gone to Deace Lake.

I'm just saying if you need a warning to be careful when you are travelling or are in a remote place, I just gave it to you, now you can never say you had no warning...
His family said he took the trip to Dease Lake as a last minute decision. He wasn't going to go there.

His cousin, speaking to Global News:
The trip to the Dease Lake area wasn’t part of original Dyck’s plans, Friesen said, adding he was only supposed to travel between Terrace and Stewart.

“[It was] kind of random in nature. He decided, ‘I’m going to go further up north. I got the time,’” he said.

I feel they approached the van. Lucas heard something outside the van and got up and out to check, he was killed outside. I feel Chynna woke up looked out the back window of the van they saw her and shot her in the face. I think that is why her family said it would not be an 'open coffin'

I think there would have been visible blood on the door/window of the van in that case.

One gets the impression that this is the first time in Canadian history that someone was murdered in Northern BC.

His family said he took the trip to Dease Lake as a last minute decision. He wasn't going to go there.

His cousin, speaking to Global News:
The trip to the Dease Lake area wasn’t part of original Dyck’s plans, Friesen said, adding he was only supposed to travel between Terrace and Stewart.

“[It was] kind of random in nature. He decided, ‘I’m going to go further up north. I got the time,’” he said.
I would really like to know on what day LD told his family that. So far, we don't know any dates for when he left or when he expected to be back.

We still don't know when he changed his mind. It seems from the quote tho' that LD did speak with a family member or someone.

Yes, but it's what you choose to believe. Better to wait than rush to judgement.

The talk right here on WS determining the use of gameplay as fuelling a hate filled murderous spree, the assertions of alliances to evil, the profiling based on how one “looks” in security footage, how each suspect carried out the killing of Fowler and Deese, determining which man was the leader/influencer - all these voiced opinions running rampant are ripe with judgement and just as much worthy of being called conspiracy theory as any other. Personally I find some of the liberties taken disheartening and at times very much akin to gossip.

In a general sense - imagine if this began or happened in your own backyard. You might not have known the suspects personally but you know your community. Would you feel so free to create scenarios and judgements? I’m of the belief that for the most part people do not willingly join in gossip, as it’s usually without merit. So if you wouldn’t join in the gossip and add your judgements if this had of happened in your own backyard then why is it so acceptable to voice elsewhere in public? Is this a case of online anonymity and a screen to shield us from any backlash creating to much freedom in what opinions are posted?

I totally agree with your statement - “better to wait than rush to judgement”.

I just believe that includes all judgements, not just unpopular ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89