Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means nothing in the context of the murders but if the call came from a local friend of theirs that person could go a long way to helping trace the motive. If investigated early enough it may have lead police to KM and BS while still alive

We have a deceased man and his vehicle is missing. What could be the motive for the murder?

I would really like to know on what day LD told his family that. So far, we don't know any dates for when he left or when he expected to be back.

I know I'll get jumped on here, but it's the LD part of the story that something does not smell right around. I don't know what it is, but the pieces of the puzzle here are too scattered and illogical, and the LE too tight lipped and secret about it. I'm sorry, but right now I'm not prepared to accept this part of the investigation narrative at face value. Just my instinct and gut telling me that.

One gets the impression that this is the first time in Canadian history that someone was murdered in Northern BC.
It's probably the first time two people were brutally murdered on the side of the Alaska highway. Again, you're not understanding (or accepting) the significance of the highway, the communities along the highway and the connection the people who travel it have.

The talk right here on WS determining the use of gameplay as fuelling a hate filled murderous spree, the assertions of alliances to evil, the profiling based on how one “looks” in security footage, how each suspect carried out the killing of Fowler and Deese, determining which man was the leader/influencer - all these voiced opinions running rampant are ripe with judgement and just as much worthy of being called conspiracy theory as any other. Personally I find some of the liberties taken disheartening and at times very much akin to gossip.

In a general sense - imagine if this began or happened in your own backyard. You might not have known the suspects personally but you know your community. Would you feel so free to create scenarios and judgements? I’m of the belief that for the most part people do not willingly join in gossip, as it’s usually without merit. So if you wouldn’t join in the gossip and add your judgements if this had of happened in your own backyard then why is it so acceptable to voice elsewhere in public? Is this a case of online anonymity and a screen to shield us from any backlash creating to much freedom in what opinions are posted?

I totally agree with your statement - “better to wait than rush to judgement”.

I just believe that includes all judgements, not just unpopular ones.
I don't think any of the speculation here has been out of the boundaries of what happens on WS for any other case or even for what people in their community are also wondering. If this happened in my neck of the woods, it would not impact any of the speculation I have engaged in. I understand if you don't like it and don't wish to engage in it--that is your prerogative--but it doesn't mean the people who are wondering about these things are doing anything wrong.

Edited to add: FWIW, I don't hate either of these young men. I actually feel sorry for them. The whole thing makes me incredibly sad because it seems so pointless and senseless for all 5 of these people to now be dead. And that's why I want to know what happened and that's why I speculate on what happened. None of what I have speculated in regard to the dynamic between them is outside the realm of reality or documented similar crimes.

I won't be surprised if at some point it is revealed that the gun, if that is what was used, belonged to the Mcleod family.

In regards to Bryer believing he was Russian, depending where his family came from in the Ukraine that is possible. My Great Grandmother was German, and the area her family came from went to Moldova and the Ukraine sometime after they came to Canada. There were people of various nationalities living in those areas. Maybe he had done some research, or maybe he assumed because of his surname.

His family said he took the trip to Dease Lake as a last minute decision. He wasn't going to go there.

His cousin, speaking to Global News:
The trip to the Dease Lake area wasn’t part of original Dyck’s plans, Friesen said, adding he was only supposed to travel between Terrace and Stewart.

“[It was] kind of random in nature. He decided, ‘I’m going to go further up north. I got the time,’” he said.
It’s crazy
BS followed the Azov Battalion, which has many Nazi admirers.

My wife's grandparents came from Galicia area that is now split between Poland, Ukraine and Russia, so she has distant relatives in all 3 countries now.
I’m thinking back to stories about C & L’s travels in Europe. Just wondering if at some point, these 4 were hanging out as (acquaintances met on the road) and a heated discussion between C & L and the teens over beliefs and politics occurred?

I won't be surprised if at some point it is revealed that the gun, if that is what was used, belonged to the Mcleod family.
SBM

I got the impression that BS's dad was strongly implying that in the interview he gave where he said he didn't want to offend Kam's family, but that his son didn't have a vehicle, didn't drive, and didn't have real guns. He didn't come out and say it, but he was basically saying on his own his son didn't have access to the means (vehicle and weapon) for a joy-riding crime spree. Now, I don't know that AS had ever actually met KM's family or knew anything to suggest that. But it wouldn't surprise me if true.

That being said, I really don't think the McLeods are guilty of anything on this. As far as I know, they knew KM to be responsible and had no reason to suspect if he had access to any of these things that he would do anything criminal or violent.

All MOO

Still none of it acquits BS from going along with it.

I don't think any of the speculation here has been out of the boundaries of what happens on WS for any other case or even for what people in their community are also wondering. If this happened in my neck of the woods, it would not impact any of the speculation I have engaged in. I understand if you don't like it and don't wish to engage in it--that is your prerogative--but it doesn't mean the people who are wondering about these things are doing anything wrong.

Also, isn't speculation the entire point of this forum? It's called Websleuths for a reason. If we could not speculate or extrapolate on anything, the entire discussion would just be reiterating facts with no analysis. That would be the world's most boring discussion and the forum would cease to exist.

I understand that some people may think it's unsavory to talk about this stuff. But if so, this may not be the place for you.

It's probably the first time two people were brutally murdered on the side of the Alaska highway. Again, you're not understanding (or accepting) the significance of the highway, the communities along the highway and the connection the people who travel it have.

The highway is a very small piece of Northern BC.

Many murders occur in Northern BC. Everyone who commits those murders travels on those same highways regardless of whether the murder is roadside or 5km in some direction.

Another rant avoided.

I agree with you more or less...

Did anyone aid and abet KM and BS after the first or second incident? Did they go to Gillam because they knew someone? Did someone help them from a distance? Was anyone helping them financially or otherwise after the "gun violence" near Liard? Do we even know if the charges would have been manslaughter or first-degree
murder?

I think it’s safe to say at this time we know nothing.

The talk right here on WS determining the use of gameplay as fuelling a hate filled murderous spree, the assertions of alliances to evil, the profiling based on how one “looks” in security footage, how each suspect carried out the killing of Fowler and Deese, determining which man was the leader/influencer - all these voiced opinions running rampant are ripe with judgement and just as much worthy of being called conspiracy theory as any other. Personally I find some of the liberties taken disheartening and at times very much akin to gossip.

In a general sense - imagine if this began or happened in your own backyard. You might not have known the suspects personally but you know your community. Would you feel so free to create scenarios and judgements? I’m of the belief that for the most part people do not willingly join in gossip, as it’s usually without merit. So if you wouldn’t join in the gossip and add your judgements if this had of happened in your own backyard then why is it so acceptable to voice elsewhere in public? Is this a case of online anonymity and a screen to shield us from any backlash creating to much freedom in what opinions are posted?

I totally agree with your statement - “better to wait than rush to judgement”.

I just believe that includes all judgements, not just unpopular ones.
You are completely taking my post out of context. I was referring to waiting for the investigation to be completed rather than believing speculation from the media, etc. before making a judgement on what happened. I'm not creating judgements myself. And as far as how someone "looks", I was having a bit of fun with poster "Zella" who said BS looks kinda creepy. Geez man, lighten up.

Except the code of ethics that reporters abide by might not give leeway.
Yes, anything told to him on background, he/she could not reveal. But it would allow the poster to state things about being there and what was observed and having access without us all wondering if it was true. I think the poster is telling the truth about his/her experiences, but it is hard to be certain without the confirmation as verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89