Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video clips embed with tweets -- grid searching the bush area

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
Despite the fact that they are wearing bright orange, I can no longer see them in the dense woods of Northern Manitoba #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt
2:18 PM - 9 Aug 2019

This is the ditch where the torched SUV was found on July 22, near Fox Lake Cree Nation #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt
2:10 PM - 9 Aug 2019

RCMP searchers have now headed into the bush. One thing they are trying to do today is further map the path that the suspects took #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt
Renata D'Aliesio on Twitter
2:05 PM - 9 Aug 2019

That’s super weird. I guess they were just lucky that no one removed them.

Not many people pass up that way, as far as I know there is no houses beyond that point so the only people passing would be journalists, police, and hydro workers, the first two wouldn’t take souvenirs from crime scenes and the latter would be too busy

My hunch is that RCMP came back to RAV4 burn site because of comments about the keys and other stuff left behind.

I think you’re placing too much weight in the comments here and on Twitter. It’s probably just a final panic to collect everything they can in case any weapons or indications of motive or reason for coming to Gillam can be found.

That may be, but I seem to remember a comment by the Jade City Store owner that she (or her daughter?) saw the pair hitchhiking later, one on each side of the road. I can't for the life of me find that quotation now...

But if that's accurate, to me that sounds like a 'lying in wait' scenario to me. I believe they may have seen those electronic signs asking for anyone with dashcam footage from July 14/15 in the deaths of LF and CD and panicked, thinking to themselves, "Oh ****! Maybe someone saw our camper." They decided they needed a change of vehicle, ambushed poor LD, perhaps by hitching a ride and then killing him. They then drive back to their truck, load up what they want to take, and speed off to Alberta in the Rav4.

JMO of course. Either way, the outcome is the same.
I also recall that comment. I looked up Jade area map at that time, and thought they may have spent July 17/18 night at the nearby abandoned mine. RCMP probably checked out the whole area.

RCMP did not lie about the discovery of the bodies.
Agreed. I don't think they did. I was just pointing out that if they did find them earlier, then the times they gave were wrong, and there's no reason for them to lie about it or be wrong about it.

Where does murder/suicide fit in?

Because that fits the definition of “foul play.”

Foul play but hardly suspicious as both killer and victim are found together. Perhaps it was a pact suicide, but whatever the case may be, in a murder/suicide, police will not be looking for a killer as it is already dead.

It's possible, but if so, then RCMP lied about when they were found. They said they found them around 10 am Wednesday, it was announced around 2 PM, and then they were removing the bodies around 8 PM that night. I don't know why they would claim they only found them that morning if they'd actually found them 1-2 days before. I'd think speed would be of the essence, considering it was quite likely they could have been decomposing for a couple of weeks.

I am convinced the families of the suspects had a heads-up once the personal items were found. I'm also pretty sure they could have been spotted on the survey-type cameras in the Herc. So the RCMP may have found the personal items, reviewed the images, and knew where they were before they went in through the tough terrain and found the bodies. What they said would be true, in that case, not a lie.

Don't despair. I'm sure we will get more details and answers to cause of the 3 deaths in the not too distant future. Bureaucracy, you know....

As for the motive, unless LE is expected to be mind readers, we might be left to speculate.
Having said this, it's hard to imagine that the suspects left nothing behind to explain this tragedy.
Were their phones recovered?
Knowing their end was near, it's hard to imagine them leaving no word behind for their families, their victims' families or even the world.
Didn't they have someone, something to blame? Did they have some kind of mission? Did they achieve their goal?
I'm still hoping for some kind of manifesto.
I think this is why it's essential that the media be more respectful, which they no longer are, especially outside Canada. If the media were more reliably respectful, families would be more willing to share with a trusted reporter for a long feature or a book. But the willingness to exploit the situation for the sake of outrageous headlines and salacious clicks has made people very unwilling to share their story. I'm talking to you, Daily Mail.

Agreed. I don't think they did. I was just pointing out that if they did find them earlier, then the times they gave were wrong, and there's no reason for them to lie about it or be wrong about it.

They didn’t lie about it. The police were all but certain that the pair was dead when they found items along the river. I would imagine the medical examiners office would have flown up some representatives along with the metal Ziegler Cases to be ready for if/when the bodies were found.

Not many people pass up that way, as far as I know there is no houses beyond that point so the only people passing would be journalists, police, and hydro workers, the first two wouldn’t take souvenirs from crime scenes and the latter would be too busy

I think you’re placing too much weight in the comments here and on Twitter. It’s probably just a final panic to collect everything they can in case any weapons or indications of motive or reason for coming to Gillam can be found.

RCMP are not in a "final panic." They are doing a thorough investigation into the final days of the only suspects in the robbery and murders of 3 people in BC.

I am convinced the families of the suspects had a heads-up once the personal items were found. I'm also pretty sure they could have been spotted on the survey-type cameras in the Herc. So the RCMP may have found the personal items, reviewed the images, and knew where they were before they went in through the tough terrain and found the bodies. What they said would be true, in that case, not a lie.
Oh I think they definitely had a better sense of where they were, just from finding their stuff, but I really don't think they actually saw the bodies or could be completely sure they were there until they actually found them. I get the impression cameras may not have spotted anything in that dense of terrain. That's why it has to be a foot search.

They didn’t lie about it. The police were all but certain that the pair was dead when they found items along the river. I would imagine the medical examiners office would have flown up some representatives along with the metal Ziegler Cases to be ready for if/when the bodies were found.

That's not true. Police did not know that the suspects were dead on August 2 when they discovered personal items belonging to the suspects on the shore of the Nelson River.

I think this is why it's essential that the media be more respectful, which they no longer are, especially outside Canada. If the media were more reliably respectful, families would be more willing to share with a trusted reporter for a long feature or a book. But the willingness to exploit the situation for the sake of outrageous headlines and salacious clicks has made people very unwilling to share their story. I'm talking to you, Daily Mail.

I have a sinking we will continue to get sensational updates from BS's dad, but most other family members, especially on the McLeod side, are just going to stay clammed up. Not that I blame them at all for that decision.

RCMP are not in a "final panic." They are doing a thorough investigation into the final days of the only suspects in the robbery and murders of 3 people in BC.

Returning to the site of the burnt out vehicle weeks after it was discovered is a good sign of a final panic. That scene should have been properly secured and processed by an evidence collection team as soon as possible. The fact they are returning after it sat unsecured for weeks is not a sign of a thorough investigation, it’s sloppy at best.

The grid search of the area to determine the path the pair took is a proper investigation in to their final days but processing what is essential ground zero should have been done weeks ago

Oh I think they definitely had a better sense of where they were, just from finding their stuff, but I really don't think they actually saw the bodies or could be completely sure they were there until they actually found them. I get the impression cameras may not have spotted anything in that dense of terrain. That's why it has to be a foot search.

The resolution on those cameras is amazing, but not if they were under foliage. The footage could guide the search, but it would have to be a ground search, for sure.

I saw one too...here is one showing the torched tower as well

Globalnews.ca on Twitter

Thanks! Twitter has been such a mess surrounding this that I stopped paying attention to it awhile ago now. Too many little trolls trying to get their kicks.

It actually looks like two towers in there to me(based on the video I linked, can't see as well in that photo)....am I wrong on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lorenna