Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will provide an alternate explanation for the texts, using a very unlikely scenario.

Dad AS calls BS on a landline immediately after the "going to Alberta" texts. BS asks him to meet him at Nanaimo with the $100 cologne. Ignore what he said in interviews for this scenario.

AS arrives at Nanaimo, but BS and KM are already gone. His next text ( July 12 7:37pm ) show frustration about them taking off early, right after picking up Walmart paychecks, and BS not reimbursing him for the cologne.

He waits until July 13 5pm to allow them to arrive in Alberta, rest, etc. He asks for photos from the Rockies. Now imagine BS calls dad, from "Alberta" based on previous chat, and mentions their next destination.

For this unlikely scenario, I am suggesting that BS told dad where the final destination "there" was, and dad checked the estimated arrival at towns where they could have exchanged texts.

So the next text, Sunday July 14, 12pm, may be when dad thought they would be at some town on their long route. No answer.

The unusual Monday July 15, 5AM text was probably when they should have been in yet another town, but not final destination. That is why he took the chance at 5AM, instead of waiting for them to wake up. Little did he know BS and KM were murdering Lucas/Chynna.

Dad waited out the whole day, because of whatever BS told him they would be doing at the final destination. He sent the final "are you "there" yet" text at 4PM after not hearing back. He knew they lied to him, and didn't want to contact him.

Why create a scenario that requires us to believe that his father is lying or omitting facts? Isn’t that victim blaming?? I thought that this was against forum rules?

I noticed it also said she and her family forgive the suspects and their families and have mercy, though she thought a proper public apology would be more appropriate, which is fair enough.
I think it would be extremely difficult for the parents of BS or CM to believe their sons had murdered any of these people until some sort of evidence is provided to them and it has not been by the sounds of it. I doubt I would be agreeing my children were murderers when I had not been given any evidence that they were, they hadn't even been charged with two of the murders and they were now dead and unable to defend themselves or their actions.

In the 60 minutes story you can see AS scrolling on a phone. More than likely he doesn't have "text" minutes added to his plan so he uses messenger instead. A friend of mine did that with her kids phones to save money. No text plan. The kids used messenger instead.
My assumption was also that he was communicating with the grandma by actually calling her or texting her. I found it kind of strange that he communicated with his dad through messenger. Why not texting? Maybe dad doesn’t have a phone and it using an ipad? When my son is out and about we call and text each other.

It is too bad that we might never know what really happened or why because they can't ever explain themselves now.
They could have left a hand-written note explaining their version of blue van and couple, after they heard the news. They were alive and not even missing.

Even during their July 19 to 22 escapade, they could have written a simple note and left it at a gas station.

My assumption was also that he was communicating with the grandma by actually calling her or texting her. I found it kind of strange that he communicated with his dad through messenger. Why not texting? Maybe dad doesn’t have a phone and it using an ipad? When my son is out and about we call and text each other.

Maybe an iPad but more likely an old mobile phone. I imagine if dad struggles financially and/or is homeless, he relies on wifi and may not have a phone with a calling/text package.

RCMP crime analysts must have put in crazy hours over the last five days.

As one of the RCMP officers involved in the recovery said, one of the things that they have to rule in or out is the possibility that McLeod or Schmegelsky committed a fourth murder and, if so, which one.

That is not a determination, if that’s where the evidence leads, that the RCMP will make lightly. If this is the scenario, there may be some careful wording around it.

The RCMP must also know that the autopsy reports may become public (they normally aren’t) and that this could lead to second guessing, legitimate or by people with their own agenda. There is a real possibility that Schmegelsky’s autopsy report will be in the hands of journalists within hours of Alan Schmegelsky receiving it, whenever that might be.

This is something they will be heavily exploring. Did anyone help them? Were there any other crimes they committed?

I expect that's the whole focus of the BC RCMP's continuing investigation.

They are so confident that they have the “accused killers’ and they are deceased why continue to withhold details/?? They no longer are building a case against suspects,

That’s it in a nutshell I believe. They are (were?) confident when they announced them as suspects but the evidence is just not falling neatly into the puzzle as they had expected.

Welcome to WS, it can actually be quite informative at times :)

I think it would be extremely difficult for the parents of BS or CM to believe their sons had murdered any of these people until some sort of evidence is provided to them and it has not been by the sounds of it.

We have no idea what McLeod’s parents have been told.

We, and the RCMP, know that Alan Schmegelsky was camped out with Australia’s 60 Minutes for the better part of the last month, not to mention his chit chat with the Daily Mail and interviews with assorted other media outlets.

I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if the RCMP have not been spilling their guts on what they know to Alan Schmegelsky.

I think it would be extremely difficult for the parents of BS or CM to believe their sons had murdered any of these people until some sort of evidence is provided to them and it has not been by the sounds of it. I doubt I would be agreeing my children were murderers when I had not been given any evidence that they were, they hadn't even been charged with two of the murders and they were now dead and unable to defend themselves or their actions.
For sure. They may know a bit more information than the public but i’d need evidence.

We have no idea what McLeod’s parents have been told.

We, and the RCMP, know that Alan Schmegelsky was camped out with Australia’s 60 Minutes for the better part of the last month, not to mention his chit chats with the Daily Mail.

I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if the RCMP have not been spilling their guts on what they know to Alan Schmegelsky.
They didn't even let him know his son was missing; he had to learn it from reading the Vancouver Sun on the Monday. :(

Why create a scenario that requires us to believe that his father is lying or omitting facts? Isn’t that victim blaming?? I thought that this was against forum rules?
AS is not a victim of BS, strictly speaking, and he has been providing public explanations for BS.

Also consider that BS/KM were "victims" until July 23.

They didn't even let him know his son was missing; he had to learn it from reading the Vancouver Sun on the Monday. :(
That was pretty awful, that they knew who was missing and reported to the news before trying to contact family to let them know. Funny how the "protocols" appear to shift constantly. Since they have not revealed Mr. Dyck's cause of death apparently respecting his family's request, should BS and KM's cause of death also possibly not be revealed if their family requests?

The RCMP were obviously talking at that point to somebody in the family. For one thing, they had a photo of Bryer.

If Alan Schmegelsky didn’t know that Bryer was reported missing to the RCMP, it’s because the family member dealing with the RCMP didn’t tell him. Either that or he’s having a memory lapse.

I doubt very much that one parent is entirely to blame for his child's actions, or for this whole unfortunate situation. This may be a case of a "perfect storm", where everything that could go wrong did go wrong in a child's life. There are other children in the world like this. I have my own idea about one developmental issue that could be involved, but it's not based on enough information.

There were two young men who did whatever they did together. They are responsible for their actions. Both of them. This was their decision. One family or one family member is not solely responsible for this situation. Finances and socioeconomic circumstances don't make one family culpable and the other not. Developmental issues, if there are any, do not discriminate based on social standing.

SBM

Agree! And to add, good to remember many crimes happen from kids from "good" homes or those who come from privilege or non-divorced parents. Not to mention the age old question: are monsters born or made?!

I know, right? It's not like parents would say "oh yeah, we totally saw the signs. They were just killers waiting to kill."

I think AS's "blaze of glory", getting killed in a shootout with police, etc comments made me think it was *close* to that, hence my original opinion about him and his son and what he knew, but he sure has toned down his rhetoric since.

The RCMP were obviously talking at that point to somebody in the family. For one thing, they had a photo of Bryer.

If Alan Schmegelsky didn’t know that Bryer was reported missing to the RCMP, it’s because the family member dealing with the RCMP didn’t tell him. Either that or he’s having a memory lapse.
Or was it a photo the reporter lifted from an online source like FB etc?

Obviously they'd request certain pictures from the custodial parent, but why would you consider AS having a memory lapse about the police telling him his son is missing? Not sure where you could pull that from.

Last edited:
I know, right? It's not like parents would say "oh yeah, we totally saw the signs. They were just killers waiting to kill."

I think AS's "blaze of glory", getting killed in a shootout with police, etc comments made me think it was *close* to that, hence my original opinion about him and his son and what he knew, but he sure has toned down his rhetoric since.

DBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member