Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What, some random person reported Bryer Schmegelsky missing and gave the police some photo from Facebook?
After reading the time line of when they left home and where they were initially heading, I'm assuming it was BS's grandmother who called it in. Either that or KM's family who hasn't really talked to the media throughout this whole ordeal. BS grandmother talked about losing contact with him a couple of days after they said they didn't find anything in Whitehorse. But I thought BS's dad also said he tried to reach his son, but it didn't go through? He thought they were heading to Alberta.

Or was it a photo the reporter lifted from an online source like FB etc?
If I recall, that photo was provided by a companion gamer, along with the Nazi armband and the knife. But I'm not 100% sure about the living room photo's origination.

I just watched a bit of the 60 minutes episode with Bryer's father. It's really heartbreaking actually, I feel a lot of sympathy for Alan. He looks truly hurt, looks like he has a lot of regrets and is very apologetic. I nearly shed a tear myself when he said he wasn't there for all of Bryer's challenges, but "I always had him with me" and took Bryers old, worn childhood photo from his wallet. I hope Alan has some sort of support in the form of family or good friends around him right now and not just that extremely exploitative reporter, Sarah Abo. She comes off as pretentious to me and appears to try to get a rise out of Alan by repeatedly calling his son a killer. It just isn't right to be taking advantage of that grieving man at a sensitive time like this, just for a TV show.

Jmo. I do realize that Alan consented to this and was likely paid well for that appearance, but the way the reporter speaks to him and that she's been "with him" for the last two weeks like a vulture.. it just doesn't sit well with me. Again, just my opinion only.

What, some random person reported Bryer Schmegelsky missing and gave the police some photo from Facebook?
No, obviously the reporters must have got the story from police, but the FB pages of BS and KM were accessible for some time before being shut down and had pictures. A picture could easily have been taken from there without their parents being told they were going to be in the news as missing persons. (remember that I was replying to somebody elses query, not making a statement here myself!).

No. LD's cousin is from Calgary, Airdrie, actually.

BS had family in Alberta, according to his dad.

The great uncle (not uncle, my error) lives in the PA area.
Am I the only one that sees ‘PA’ and always has a moment of ‘Pennsylvania?Huh?’ immediately followed by ‘Ohhhhh. Not-a-Port Alberni’. ‘On the island’ always throws me into a similar brief mental tailspin because around here that means Manitoulin Island. I’m managing. :)

I will provide an alternate explanation for the texts, using a very unlikely scenario.

Dad AS calls BS on a landline immediately after the "going to Alberta" texts. BS asks him to meet him at Nanaimo with the $100 cologne. Ignore what he said in interviews for this scenario.

AS arrives at Nanaimo, but BS and KM are already gone. His next text ( July 12 7:37pm ) show frustration about them taking off early, right after picking up Walmart paychecks, and BS not reimbursing him for the cologne.

He waits until July 13 5pm to allow them to arrive in Alberta, rest, etc. He asks for photos from the Rockies. Now imagine BS calls dad, from "Alberta" based on previous chat, and mentions their next destination.

For this unlikely scenario, I am suggesting that BS told dad where the final destination "there" was, and dad checked the estimated arrival at towns where they could have exchanged texts.

So the next text, Sunday July 14, 12pm, may be when dad thought they would be at some town on their long route. No answer.

The unusual Monday July 15, 5AM text was probably when they should have been in yet another town, but not final destination. That is why he took the chance at 5AM, instead of waiting for them to wake up. Little did he know BS and KM were murdering Lucas/Chynna.

Dad waited out the whole day, because of whatever BS told him they would be doing at the final destination. He sent the final "are you "there" yet" text at 4PM after not hearing back. He knew they lied to him, and didn't want to contact him.

I wonder why the RCMP didn't mention anything about the last time KM or BS's phones were used? Obviously, they could track their movements from the pings. Seems like their keeping that information under wraps too.

@gigitty if you don't think that the damage to the truck is from the fire, what do you think happened to the truck to cause the damage to the roof and frame? Is it possible that the suspects rolled it?
to be honest i really do not think they rolled the truck completely over, the truck lacks damage on the cab corners.those usually hit the dirt first before the middle would .the only time i have seen similar damage is when a vehicle went down a steep hill like a drainage ditch and hit a tree and said tree could have possibly had a heavy limb on the roof and caused the frame to twist in the way it did. i have no proof, this is just an opinion

Yes, very good topic...who did report KM and BS missing? After what amount of time? For what reason?

Didn’t the RCMP report them missing because they couldn’t locate the two after Kams truck was found burning. RCMP got the vin and contacted Kams parents? The parents had no idea, so they contacted grandma and she had no idea either? So, as a matter of precaution rcmp reported them missing.

Edit. Can’t spell.

I just watched a bit of the 60 minutes episode with Bryer's father. It's really heartbreaking actually, I feel a lot of sympathy for Alan. He looks truly hurt, looks like he has a lot of regrets and is very apologetic. I nearly shed a tear myself when he said he wasn't there for all of Bryer's challenges, but "I always had him with me" and took Bryers old, worn childhood photo from his wallet. I hope Alan has some sort of support in the form of family or good friends around him right now and not just that extremely exploitative reporter, Sarah Abo. She comes off as pretentious to me and appears to try to get a rise out of Alan by repeatedly calling his son a killer. It just isn't right to be taking advantage of that grieving man at a sensitive time like this, just for a TV show.

Jmo. I do realize that Alan consented to this and was likely paid well for that appearance, but the way the reporter speaks to him and that she's been "with him" for the last two weeks like a vulture.. it just doesn't sit well with me. Again, just my opinion only.
Yes, the reporter almost stares at him contemptuously at times, and, of course has to repeatedly do the drawn-out silence and panned shot waiting for him to cry (the signature 60 minutes shot), she tries to lead him into agreeing with some negative stuff about Bryer, but he refuses to be led and disagrees.

Yes, very good topic...who did report KM and BS missing? After what amount of time? For what reason?

I think the consensus was when police found the burning dodge they looked up VIN # and called the registered owner. That led to determination that Kam and Bryer were driving it and they hadn’t been heard from in a few days - hence the missing status.

Nobody did. RCMP found the burning camper truck and used the licence plate to identify the registered owner. Presumably the truck belonged to Kam's family. The next step would be to ask who was driving the vehicle.

That led to the fact that Bryer and Kam were driving the truck. Because they were not with the truck and they could not be contacted, they were considered missing.

Am I the only one that sees ‘PA’ and always has a moment of ‘Pennsylvania?Huh?’ immediately followed by ‘Ohhhhh. Not-a-Port Alberni’. ‘On the island’ always throws me into a similar brief mental tailspin because around here that means Manitoulin Island. I’m managing. :)
I was seeing 'PA' as Prince Albert at first. My mind has since been retrained :)

I said "Obviously they'd request certain pictures from the custodial parent". I didn't say they got that picture from the custodial parent.

Perhaps you could read posts before you start arguments. And if you don't care, why are you "arguing" at all? Just skip the posts you don't want to "argue" about. It's pretty simple, really.

I wrote the post that you started taking issue with :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl