Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it's almost textbook, isn't it? There are so many crimes -- murders, rapes, etc. -- where drugs are the deciding factor between whether the crime happens or not. It would also explain their lack of previous criminal history or actual acts of violence. They had dark and violent impulses they never actually acted upon, their inhibitions were lowered through the use of intoxicants, and they acted upon those impulses. JMO.

I wonder if they wanted to purchase alcohol for their trip into the wilderness. Since they knew there was a good chance they'd be having to shoot themselves in the next few days, perhaps they wanted to take the edge off if they had to do it.

I'm not sure I think other drugs were involved as snorting of the Ritalin sounds like it can lead to major problems on its own! This does not excuse choices and behavior of suspects, just adds to possible contributions. Sorry for posting all this info, probably was already but I just found it interesting! Could definitely have desensitized them (BBM):

"Over time, snorting Ritalin can also result in serious cardiovascular issues, anger, psychotic symptoms such as paranoia, and if abruptly discontinued, is associated with withdrawal symptoms like depression, fatigue, and sleep disturbances"

Snorting Ritalin has become popular among teens and young adults, who may believe it is a safer alternative to using cocaine. This method of consumption has immediate euphoric effects, creating a sudden burst of energy and increasing alertness.

Ritalin can be as addictive as cocaine if abused, according to the Genetic Science Learning Center at the University of Utah. Both drugs are similar in chemical structure and increase dopamine levels in the brain. The effects of cocaine occur more quickly, but Ritalin abuse can be just as addictive if the drug is injected, snorted or taken in high doses.

SIDE EFFECTS
Irregular Heartbeat, Fever, Confusion, Anxiety, Twitching, Psychosis

Ritalin Abuse
Snorting Ritalin | Sniffing Side Effects, Dangers & Help

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by an inquest won't be held because the autopsy has been done? Inquests are held sometimes years after someone's death. They are usually held to determine the circumstances and facts of the death and if anything can be done to prevent future deaths. They are held when someone dies in custody, during pursuit by LE, and I recall one in recent years for a young child that died in foster care, and I'm sure there are numerous other reasons, these are just the one's that come to mind.

I'm not sure that this case will warrant an inquest but I don't think the fact that the autopsy is done is an indication of that. JMO
Yes that is correct, also the families could go to courts to request an inquest. There definitely will be a police inquiry - internally and likely externally.

question for anyone...which direction were Deese and Fowler traveling on the Alaska highway leading up to their murders? What was their previous known stop/destination before then?

thanks to whoever can answer.

They were in Fort Nelson on the 13th. The van was facing north when found. It was about 20km south of Liard Hot Springs, which probably was their next stop.

I mean, it's almost textbook, isn't it? There are so many crimes -- murders, rapes, etc. -- where drugs are the deciding factor between whether the crime happens or not. It would also explain their lack of previous criminal history or actual acts of violence. They had dark and violent impulses they never actually acted upon, their inhibitions were lowered through the use of intoxicants, and they acted upon those impulses. JMO.

I wonder if they wanted to purchase alcohol for their trip into the wilderness. Since they knew there was a good chance they'd be having to shoot themselves in the next few days, perhaps they wanted to take the edge off if they had to do it.
We don't know if they shot themselves.

I'm not sure I think other drugs were involved as snorting of the Ritalin sounds like it can lead to major problems on its own! This does not excuse choices and behavior of suspects, just adds to possible contributions. Sorry for posting all this info, probably was already but I just found it interesting! Could definitely have desensitized them (BBM):

"Over time, snorting Ritalin can also result in serious cardiovascular issues, anger, psychotic symptoms such as paranoia, and if abruptly discontinued, is associated with withdrawal symptoms like depression, fatigue, and sleep disturbances"

Snorting Ritalin has become popular among teens and young adults, who may believe it is a safer alternative to using cocaine. This method of consumption has immediate euphoric effects, creating a sudden burst of energy and increasing alertness.

Ritalin can be as addictive as cocaine if abused, according to the Genetic Science Learning Center at the University of Utah. Both drugs are similar in chemical structure and increase dopamine levels in the brain. The effects of cocaine occur more quickly, but Ritalin abuse can be just as addictive if the drug is injected, snorted or taken in high doses.

SIDE EFFECTS
Irregular Heartbeat, Fever, Confusion, Anxiety, Twitching, Psychosis

Ritalin Abuse
Snorting Ritalin | Sniffing Side Effects, Dangers & Help

That’s a real eye-opener. I’d never heard of Ritalin being snorted until mention of B doing so on a prior camping trip.

i’m not clear whether the autopsies are being done in BC or Manitoba, but i found on HealthLink BCs website that a pathologist does the autopsy.

Autopsy

I believe they said Winnipeg. Upthread, someone said RCMP doesn’t employ medical doctors (but pathology is a medical specialty, so...)

Does the pathologist work for RCMP or for another agency?

Medically and scientifically, that’s not always possible.

Let's not even discuss that...if it comes back "inconclusive" on top of all the other question marks in this case, I'm going to pull a Werner Herzog and eat an entire pair of shoes in frustration....

But, I have faith that hint-dropping RCMP officer wouldn't mislead us.

We don't know if they shot themselves.
Actually, I would think a more likely cause of death for them would be accident or exposure, or both. I'm not sure if they were ever actually in the boat and nor can I understand how they ended up where their bodies were found. For that matter I can't figure out how their stuff was strewn along the shoreline either. Had it all been in the boat, wouldn't most of it have sunk?

Possibly being with him when he’s messaged people.

When replying to a post, try to type after the quote, and try not to delete the all important [ / QUOTE ] (spaces added by me lol )

You are not alone, it happens... but don't want your posts to get lost :) Welcome to Websleuths :)

Let's not even discuss that...if it comes back "inconclusive" on top of all the other question marks in this case, I'm going to pull a Werner Herzog and eat an entire pair of shoes in frustration....

But, I have faith that hint-dropping RCMP officer wouldn't mislead us.
You might want to get those shoes ready ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl