Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, my understanding is it is usually a more charming but manipulative leader and the follower tends to be an awkward dysfunctional type with anger and depression issues. Though I question how clear-cut that dynamic was with Kam and Bryer (besides Bryer seeming to definitely be awkward and dysfunctional with anger and probably depression, considering his earlier suicidal threats), I think in both the In Cold Blood and Parker-Hulme cases, those characterizations are pretty true.

In regard to the latter, one of the creepiest things I've ever watched was an interview with Anne Perry (Hulme) when she finally talked about the murder. She was so matter-of-fact and like ice. I think the novelist Ian Rankin was interviewing her. They were sitting in a car, and he looked so disturbed that I almost thought he was ready to bail out the door to get away from her!

I remember that movie Heavenly Creatures and thought of that too when I heard about this and saw the WS posts referring to it and glad I wasn't the only one that thought of that movie lol!! The movie was so disturbing. I should read up on the actual women but not sure I want to get creeped out more tonight!

No, it is impossible to have fun in a Walmart. Sorry, couldnt resist! I know you meant Gun department .

ETA...*department (always double check your post when you are pointing out someone else's typo)

No. Canadian Walmarts do not sell firearms but they do sell a bit of ammo. Policy is to have a shopper present their PAL to a manager before opening the locked display case, allow shopper to examine ammo and verify it's what they intend to purchase, it's handed back to the manager, who walks it to a cashier and the manger confirms that the cashier is comfortable selling ammo, then remains with the customer while they verify all legalities have been satisfied, transaction completes and manager carries the ammo to the doors and hands it to the customer as they walk out.

Morbid thought - not all suicides are successful immediately if someone messes up. I'm curious the type of guns used and where the entry wounds were.

Yup. I recall one case where two teen boys had a suicide pact.

The first one killed himself without a problem, but the second one jerked his head as he pulled the trigger, leaving him horribly disfigured.

He did ultimately die, but it was the result of complications years later.

I will provide some numbers since we discussed this issue so much. You will have to verify them via NFA.

Just a single civilian in Canada has legal permission to carry a loaded handgun for self-defence.

LE, security, workers in remote forests, and other legimitate handgun license holders number 90,000.

There are about 900,000 license holders for various restricted guns, mainly for use in shooting ranges. These folks usually have multiple guns.

The rest, about 1.3M as of July 2019, own less than 3 shotguns and/or rifles, often just one. Majority of them are rural farmers or urban hobby hunters.

All together less than 8% of Canadians own guns. Other than Calgary, urban gun ownership is less than 3% now, but increasing due to advertisement flyers and shooting ranges.
Thanks for the detailed stats...interesting and helpful. The numbers I’ve seen for overall gun ownership is around 17%. That was a formal survey though, and therefore by definition only adults were included. Perhaps that is effectively the same as your 8% stat if was a function of the population as a whole. No guns for babies! :)

RCMP confirmed Monday the two bodies found in northern Manitoba last week are those of homicide suspects, KM and BS, and said the two died in what appears to be suicides by gunfire.

The autopsies suggest both individuals were dead for several days before they were found, but the exact time of their deaths is not known.

B.C. RCMP spokesperson Dawn Roberts says the duo had been alive for a few days since they were last seen in July, and during the extensive search efforts near Gillam, Man.

Police said TWO firearms were found near the bodies, and forensic analysis is underway to confirm whether these weapons are connected with the northern B.C. homicide investigations.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...utopsy-update-1.5243741?__vfz=medium=sharebar

It must be something along these lines why the RCMP were so confident it was them and had “significant evidence linking the murders to the suspects”

I think it's possible the teens killed LD with his own gun.

If LD's family had knowledge of this gun, they could provide RCMP the info to directly link this gun to the killers, and immediately charge teens for LD's murder. (Gun and Rav4 stolen by teens).

On the other hand, if gun used to kill LF/CD belonged to KM/BS, RCMP still working to directly link the couples wounds to a gun in the teens possession.

RCMP now has possession of both firearms, and can connect the missing pieces.

MOO

Last edited:
The ERT was divided in to multiple units. When the helicopters or planes thought they spotted something the containment team was usually the first to go, they wore proper camo outfits. Their job is to essentially circle the area to prevent escape. After the containment team the rest of the ERT would arrive lead at the front by a K-9 unit.

I have reached out to contacts to try and get confirmation but judging by the search tactics I witnessed every time they thought they may have found something previously I think it’s safe to say the dog squad played a key role. The forest is very dense and full of smells, it’s not like a rotting corpse in an apartment building. Their bodies wouldn’t have been smellable by the human nose from any great distance.
Hm I’ve smelled rotten carcasses out in the bush and it’s quite distinct from normal forest smells.

Maybe out of these pairs one is a psychopath the other a sociopath? Or one is a sociopath and the other not but seeking some validation of sorts.

Maybe the one that can dispose of their friend so easily is a master manipulator and user. Interesting stuff, so ALL this build up and then a climax in the friendship and poof, done. Sounds like an addiction to one another.

It's possible one, or both, were experiencing a psychotic break with reality (I'm leaning more to Bryer here). And one, or both, having depression, anger, suicidal thoughts, hating on society, etc. Any of these mental states can lead to confusion. Plus, little to no food, the rigorous conditions of the environment, despair, physical pain, a perfect storm of sorts.

Yup. I recall one case where two teen boys had a suicide pact.

The first one killed himself without a problem, but the second one jerked his head as he pulled the trigger, leaving him horribly disfigured.

He did ultimately die, but it was the result of complications years later.

Damn, just jump off a bridge or something....

Also I went looking for that story because of course I did, and I came across this case....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...w-it-feels-to-kill-police-said/?noredirect=on

“We just figured might as well,” he told police. “It came down to might as well see how it feels to kill someone before we kill ourselves. We didn’t see no reason not to, we were about to die, what did we care for?”

I was saying the other day that I think that for some suicidal people, they lose the ability to see the value of life at all....

The two men sought in the killings of three people in British Columbia died from what appears to be self-inflicted gunshot wounds, days before their bodies were found in the woods of Northern Manitoba, the RCMP said Monday after autopsies of the pair were concluded.

Police said two firearms were found with the remains of BS and KM and that forensic analysis is under way to determine whether these weapons were connected to the homicides that prompted the manhunt that began on July 23.

In a statement, the RCMP said the exact timeline around their deaths is currently unclear. “However, there are strong indications that they had been alive for a few days since last seen in July, and during the extensive search efforts”.

The director of communications for the RCMP in B.C. would not provide further details about the suicides, including the kind of firearms located with the two suspects.

But Dawn Roberts said investigators are trying to “tighten” the timeline around events. The RCMP is committed to releasing more details about what police believed happened within a few weeks. “We want to provide the last, best picture of what is known and we’re committed to doing that”.

There are many unanswered questions associated with the case, including motives, and how the two men came into contact with the victims in Northern B.C.

Suspects in B.C. killings died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds, autopsies reveal

Chynna's brother, Stetson Deese, has opened up about the pain the family continues to suffer, telling Today the killing remains 'hard to accept'.

The autopsy result revealed they died by suicide, with the news breaking just before the interview with Stetson Deese.

Stetson said, "We have mercy that he raised a son that potentially killed Chynna and Lucas, and Leonard Dyck".

"People's kids can turn out any way, and sometimes there is nothing you can do about the kids you raise. Sometimes they are going to turn out bad no matter what”.

"You can't always blame the parents," Stetson said.

Chynna Deese's brother speaks to Today about killer Bryer Schmegelsky father's media appearances

RCMP confirmed Monday the two bodies found in northern Manitoba last week are those of homicide suspects, KM and BS, and said the two died in what appears to be suicides by gunfire.

The autopsies suggest both individuals were dead for several days before they were found, but the exact time of their deaths is not known.

B.C. RCMP spokesperson Dawn Roberts says the duo had been alive for a few days since they were last seen in July, and during the extensive search efforts near Gillam, Man.

Police said TWO firearms were found near the bodies, and forensic analysis is underway to confirm whether these weapons are connected with the northern B.C. homicide investigations.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-homicide-suspects-autopsy-update-1.5243741?__vfz=medium=sharebar

Any word on whether clothing was found on shore of the Nelson River, 9 km from the burned Rav4?

It's possible one, or both, were experiencing a psychotic break with reality (I'm leaning more to Bryer here). And one, or both, having depression, anger, suicidal thoughts, hating on society, etc. Any of these mental states can lead to confusion. Plus, little to no food, the rigorous conditions of the environment, despair, physical pain, a perfect storm of sorts.

Plus no sleep and possibly delirious... A perfect storm indeed!

I worked at Walmart for a brief time and employees get a 10% discount card with their first pay stub after they have been employed for 90 days.

It is actually standard Walmart policy to refer any questions regarding past of present employees or any questions by the media to the store manager. The reason for referring questions to the manager is simply because it is illegal to disclose any employee information and having the media hanging out asking employees questions interferes with the day to day operations of a business.

The employee privacy policy is so strict that when one of the store managers died, employees learned of it through local obituaries, not internally.

Yes I don’t blame Walmart for keeping a lid on what employees say to the media. Every corporation has the same type of policy regarding employees not speaking to the media and anyway, what often what churns within the internal rumour mill during high profile tragedies is gossip, not news.

Thanks for the detailed stats...interesting and helpful. The numbers I’ve seen for overall gun ownership is around 17%. That was a formal survey though, and therefore by definition only adults were included. Perhaps that is effectively the same as your 8% stat if was a function of the population as a whole. No guns for babies!

They (referring to youth PAL holders) can’t legally own or purchase a rifle but there’s about 10,000 youth PAL holders in Canada. Ages 12-17. They can legally borrow a rifle and legally buy ammo. I guess the inability for youth to actually own a gun is one reason the survey only included adults. (Plus it’s no fun doing surveys with kids sometimes lol)

Last edited:
No. Canadian Walmarts do not sell firearms but they do sell a bit of ammo. Policy is to have a shopper present their PAL to a manager before opening the locked display case, allow shopper to examine ammo and verify it's what they intend to purchase, it's handed back to the manager, who walks it to a cashier and the manger confirms that the cashier is comfortable selling ammo, then remains with the customer while they verify all legalities have been satisfied, transaction completes and manager carries the ammo to the doors and hands it to the customer as they walk out.

I wonder whether there were theft reports of ammo while Kam and Bryer were working at the Walmart. Where were the keys kept?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder