Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm I’ve smelled rotten carcasses out in the bush and it’s quite distinct from normal forest smells.
I’ve experienced quite a few northern forests, and only one ripened dead house cat, but it’s not something you ever forget, and not something that will ever be confused with forest smells. I have no knowledge though of how close you’d have to be for the odour to be detectable. Once in a blue moon we have a dead mouse at work that nobody can find. And it’s a very strong smell that is detectable over most of the floor for several days. How that applies here, I can’t say. :)

Last edited:
Isn't it still possible to get any type of gun on the street (black market) in Canada? I ask because a long arm type weapon is more challenging to commit suicide with? It's possible that they shot each other at the same time. I don't know if that's a logical thing for them to have done, but anything is possible.

It's certainly possible to get guns on the street. A friend who is retired RCMP has told me that firearms purchased that way are super expensive and not as easy as one might think because the usual method involves contact with a gang member.

Last edited:
Damn, just jump off a bridge or something....

Also I went looking for that story because of course I did, and I came across this case....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...w-it-feels-to-kill-police-said/?noredirect=on

I was saying the other day that I think that for some suicidal people, they lose the ability to see the value of life at all....

No idea if this is a 100% fact, but I was told by a family member with a degree in criminal psychology that most people are in psychosis right before committing suicide as you kinda have to be to perform such an act.

I had a nurse friend who worked at a hospital years ago and told me about unsuccessful suicide by gun to the mouth/head/face area where the patient lived. Completely horrible way to live after.

Last edited:
The B.C. RCMP are using the force's behavioural analysis unit to help in the investigation. Mounties say once they've completed their review within the next few weeks, they will be providing the victims' families with an update and then will release info to the public.

https://twitter.com/AustinGrabish
I saw that and am very interested in their conclusions/thoughts on the case!

I wonder whether there were theft reports of ammo while Kam and Bryer were working at the Walmart. Where were the keys kept?

Ammo and a few other big ticked items are handled differently when trucks are unloaded. A manager is always present when trucks are unloaded, those special items are counted by someone with rank and moved to a locked cage and the go out to the floor in the hands of a supervisor.

They keys for the locked cage and the front display are held in a locked box system that can only be opened by swipe card/pin combination. It's an odd system that's hard to explain but all keys sit on pegs in the same box but the swipe card/pin will only release those keys that an employee is qualified to use. The key box can only be accessed by CSM, assistant managers and managers but certainly not new employees.

They can’t legally own or purchase a rifle but there’s about 10,000 youth PAL holders in Canada. Ages 12-17. They can legally borrow a rifle and legally buy ammo. I guess the inability for youth to actually own a gun is one reason the survey only included adults. (Plus it’s no fun doing surveys with kids sometimes lol)
Also interesting! I’m not sure they were legal, but my awesome wild rural cousins hunted by the time they were 8 or 9 back in the day. Your post is a great reminder that hunting and rural life is often a full family experience.

I think it's possible the teens killed LD with his own gun.

If LD's family had knowledge of this gun, they could provide RCMP the info to directly link this gun to the killers, and immediately charge teens for LD's murder. (Gun and Rav4 stolen by teens).

On the other hand, if gun used to kill LF/CD belonged to KM/BS, RCMP still working to directly link the couples wounds to a gun in the teens possession.

RCMP now has possession of both firearms, and can connect the missing pieces.

MOO

Could also be the reason for 2nd degree murder charge, intent but without premeditation.

No idea if this is a 100% fact, but I was told by a family member with a degree in criminal psychology that most people are in psychosis right before committing suicide as you kinda have to be to perform such an act.

I don't know, I think they have to believe that for liability purposes to be ok with 5150-ing people (let's not even get into that discussion).

I remember reading somewhere about B taking pics with a gun in his mouth. I’m guessing maybe that’s how they did it. As to type of gun, I would have no clue on that one.

That is the most common suicide location, especially if it was a shotgun, but it actually has a decent chance of going wrong if it bypasses the brain. It could leave you horribly disfigured but still with a chance of surviving with medical attention. Or, I guess if you're in the middle of the wilderness, you're about to have a really bad time for the next few minutes to hours. Truly uplifting stuff.

Also, I'm sure the kid taking photos with a gun in his mouth is perfectly fine...WTF if even THAT didn't lead to some kind of intervention.

I had a nurse friend who worked at a hospital years ago and told me about unsuccessful suicide by gun to the mouth/head/face area where the patient lived. Completely horrible way to live after.

Happens more often than people realize. There’s one young woman who lived through her horrific injuries. She’s now blind I believe, even after her face transplant She now tries to do school appearances about reaching out when feeling depressed and before doing something so drastic.

How far and how dense was the forest? I mean of course a human could smell it from probably 20-30ft away but not from a kilometer away.
Good question. Well I’ve smelled it a few times actually. One was a grizzly kill (or scavenge) and he chased me out of there, thankfully I was on a quad. It was on an old cutline, but bushy enough I didn’t see him. When he came chasing he was probably a few hundred feet away.

Other times I’ve smelled dead things, I usually hightail it out of there because of the former bear incident so not sure how far away they’ve been. But it’s pretty dense bush for the most part. I do think it’d be tough for a human to smell 1 km away but not a cadaver dog. I’m no expert in those dogs though.

That said, maybe the bugs/animals/weather got to the bodies by then and they were dried out a bit and not as smelly as those first days of decomposition.

I see Kam as the one to call the shots. His home and lifestyle was comfort for Bryer - even if Kams parents didn’t like it. Possibly Kam’s parents didn’t approve of Bryer and they were vocal about it. They could have felt that he was holding back Kam from his full potential or their expectations of Kam were not being met. This is quite common, parents not approving of friends/bf’s/gf’s. Maybe they blamed the friendship for his ‘failure to launch’.

It could have been a long time coming. Endless arguments about his future and his relationships and his lack of effort. He just can’t escape it.

The friendship between these two was a lifelong bond, a brotherhood of sorts.

Kam is so sick of his parents harping on him. Bryer is devoted to his only true friend and they are done with Port Alberni. Kam steels the truck, the guns, some cash and tells Bryer to pack his things.

Kam is not sure what will happen but he knows he has burned the bridge with his parents so he won’t be coming back. Maybe Bryer thought he had a chance to return to his life if he had to but for now he is sticking by his friend.

So Maybe Kam has such a strong influence that Bryer had no hesitation to take off with him. Maybe he did think they would try living on their own, find work, live in the camper truck and play Airsoft in the forest.

Then it goes off the rails. Bryer goes along because Kam is his world.

Happens more often than people realize. There’s one young woman who lived through her horrific injuries. She’s now blind I believe, even after her face transplant She now tries to do school appearances about reaching out when feeling depressed and before doing something so drastic.

That is heartbreaking. Very gracious of her to reach out to the young kids at schools and she's trying to help. It must be tough. I'm sure she's gotten through to eat least one or two kids, who wouldn't be moved by that?!

Dead people can be proven guilty. They just can't be tried and convicted

There were NO reports of clothing found. They found a water jug, a boat and a sleeping bag that we know of, and undescribed "personal items", and two guns.

Right. August 2, a red and white water jug and a mangled boat were found on the Neson River Shore. It was later reported that "personal items" were found upstream of rapids and the boat.

People have a right to reply to accusations. If they are accused, and they are dead, they are deprived to the right to defend themselves. Canadian courts cannot find dead people guilty of a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67