Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has already been discussed, but would either of them been able to do this alone? Maybe if the families were more clued in to their toxic relationship and separated them, none of this would have happened. I don't see them as cooperating with treatment, but neither one on his own would have been capable of carrying this out.

I don’t think it’s a matter of either of them being capable of carrying it out on their own.

This took no special skill, and required only a vehicle and a weapon.

I think it’s a matter of this never happening if these two weren’t together in the first place.

This probably started as a fantasy, and by bouncing ideas off of one another they came up with a tentative plan.

So alone, the one who came up with this fantasy first might have just killed himself, or done nothing at all.

The other probably wouldn’t have considered it to begin with.

Together they were a toxic mix.

Wish more of these people who want to commit suicide but want to know what it feels like to kill others first would try it the other way around for once!

There's nothing more angering than people who must take others out with them. If BS and KM would have left out the murder part of their little adventure, they wouldn't be more than a blip on the local news cycle - if that, since media doesn't always report on suicides.

It’s the new thing.

People who would have otherwise killed themselves, decide to take their rage and frustration out on the world first.

They are inspired by the acts of others, especially as far as mass shooting events go.

These crimes aren’t that, but these guys seem to share a similar psychological profile.

Yeah I'm wondering if there were multiple shopping trips and only one had a witness or maybe one was borrowed/taken without permission from someone else to go with the purchased one. I'm leaning toward both were purchased legally. May have even been purchased during this same trip. I don't know if that is allowable under Canadian law, but there's no guarantee the witness observed the entire exchange.

Could the buyer have said “Great, I’ll take two.”? Or would that have looked suspicious if only one of them had their PAL. I, also, am ignorant of gun-buying laws in Canada.

It’s the new thing.

People who would have otherwise killed themselves, decide to take their rage and frustration out on the world first.

They are inspired by the acts of others, especially as far as mass shooting events go.

These crimes aren’t that, but these guys seem to share a similar psychological profile.

I read a quote from some famous psychiatrist once that suicide is just a homicidal impulse turned inward. Not sure how true it is, or if it's also true the other way around.

Assuming the report of the gun store purchase is actually true, that leaves another conundrum; they were stopped and searched at the Split Lake alcohol checkpoint. How on earth could they get through a search if they had guns? I'm assuming the PAL holder could just flash his PAL, no big deal, but surely the officers would have mentioned the guns in their recounts of the incident?

As they were actively on the run at that point, and seemed to have halted the killing spree, it’s likely their guns were well-hidden at that point. It also sounds like the search of the Rav 4 was pretty lax.

It’s the new thing.

Being inspired by the acts of others and mass shootings are a newer thing for sure. The more classic type murder/suicides have happened forever in domestic/family violence situations and stalking scenarios. Those cases are a different profile than BS and KM, but why the need to take another life?

Being inspired by the acts of others and mass shootings are a newer thing for sure. The more classic type murder/suicides have happened forever in domestic/family violence situations and stalking scenarios. Those cases are a different profile than BS and KM, but why the need to take another life?

I think the content of that video will go a long way to explaining their warped reasoning.

BBM
Hopefully the official police report will offer some part of that answer at least.

Assuming the report of the gun store purchase is actually true, that leaves another conundrum; they were stopped and searched at the Split Lake alcohol checkpoint. How on earth could they get through a search if they had guns? I'm assuming the PAL holder could just flash his PAL, no big deal, but surely the officers would have mentioned the guns in their recounts of the incident?
I think the tribal police only check for alcohol or drugs in that quasi-checkpoint.

Most likely the rest of it is a confession and possibly suicide footage, which is why the police haven't released it. I don't think they will release the video itself to the public, but maybe a transcript in the report. But...I have a weird feeling it will leak at some point one way or another. JMO.
I can only imagine how I would be feeling if I was the family trying to understand this and being told I was not allowed to see a video message my son left when he killed himself. And why did it take 12 days for the police to reveal this?

I can only imagine how I would be feeling if I was the family trying to understand this and being told I was not allowed to see a video message my son left when he killed himself. And why did it take 12 days for the police to reveal this?

If they were to show the families the rest of that video, they would run the risk of having those details leaked to the press.

The investigation doesn’t end, just because the suspects are dead.

These monsters killed three people, and the victims families also want answers.

They should receive those answers before the rest of the world does.

Yes, and why do cases of mass murders within families usually warrant less press coverage than this case? Really makes no sense to me.

So I see now that RCMP have released info that they left a recording on their phones for their last will and testament. Only thing disclosed was about their wishes regarding their bodies (which did not elaborate) and “goodbye” to their families. RCMP said there will be more released in the next few weeks. This should be interesting..,

Literally none of us ever assumed they were purchased legally this entire time. I guess Kam did seem outwardly normal though. But like...wow, if this witness account is accurate. Really wasn't expecting that.

I have literally had this exact thought.
Lol, I did.

From August 12:
I'm saying he could have been fully licensed and carrying his own gun (or two) legally.
(Not sure how to quote from a previous thread)

Wasn’t really that far of a stretch. Take a course, pay some $ and get a gun or two. A million times easier than two teens navigating the sordid black market of guns.

And makes sense if it was a suicide mission all along. They didn’t care if the purchase was traced back to them.

I’ve said a few times that the whole thing was probably simple. They wanted some thrill kills, they had little to no planning and were going to die at the end.

at this point I wonder if the guys felt the need to see for themselves what damage the gun/s would do to a human before they used them on themselves. not so much a need/want to experience killing but the effects the gun done.

I was starting to tell the story of how my brother committed suicide over 16 years ago. The reason was over love lost (very tragic). My Dad was never the same after that. I've never seen him cry so much. I can't even imagine how the parents can cope with a child doing something so heinous and then ending their life. It's a double whammy of heartache for the parents.

So sad for your family. :(

And for families everywhere who deal with suicide, children who have chosen a harmful, destructive path in life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
euvin3582