Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Technical briefing to be offered on Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs | Royal Canadian Mounted Police
"...will provide a technical briefing to members of the media on the landscape of ****. This briefing will take place at RCMP Headquarters and is not for recording purposes. Following the briefing, Staff Sergeant ** of RCMP ** will be available for media interviews..."

For those wondering what an RCMP technical briefing might be, the above is from an announcement of a different technical briefing. Maybe LE has to familiarize media on terms, definitions, locations, and technologies employed in the investigation. That's how I read landscape.

Sounds like they will be discussing forensics then?

From Technical briefing to be offered on Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs | Royal Canadian Mounted Police
"...will provide a technical briefing to members of the media on the landscape of ****. This briefing will take place at RCMP Headquarters and is not for recording purposes. Following the briefing, Staff Sergeant ** of RCMP ** will be available for media interviews..."

For those wondering what an RCMP technical briefing might be, the above is from an announcement of a different technical briefing. Maybe LE has to familiarize media on terms, definitions, locations, and technologies employed in the investigation. That's how I read landscape.
That makes total sense--thank you! I can see them wanting to be sure there's no confusion, so making sure everyone is on the same page about what the terms used/the concepts discussed mean.

RCMP to release findings Friday from investigation into Schmegelsky, McLeod
Ian Holliday, CTV News Vancouver
Published Wednesday, September 25, 2019 5:21PM PDT
Last Updated Wednesday, September 25, 2019 5:54PM PDT
B.C. RCMP will release findings from its investigation into three homicides in the province's north at a news conference Friday afternoon.

Mounties announced the news conference Wednesday, saying it would begin with a technical briefing for reporters at 1 p.m., which would be followed by remarks at 2:15 p.m.

During the briefing, reporters will be given "advance access" to a report that will be made public after the news conference.

The investigation in question deals with the killings of three people on remote highways in northern B.C. in July.

Kam McLeod, 18, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 19, are suspected of killing Australian tourist Lucas Fowler and his American girlfriend Chynna Deese. They were also charged with the murder of UBC botany lecturer Leonard Dyck.

The teenage suspects became the subject of a Canada-wide manhunt over the summer. Their bodies were eventually found in northern Manitoba in August. An autopsy suggested that they had died of suicide by gunfire.

The teens recorded video of themselves before their death, which they reportedly described as their "last will and testament."

It's unclear whether the RCMP will be releasing the video, or part of the video, after their news conference Friday.

Mounties announced the news conference Wednesday, saying it would begin with a technical briefing for reporters at 1 p.m., which would be followed by remarks at 2:15 p.m.

During the briefing, reporters will be given "advance access" to a report that will be made public after the news conference.

I wonder if stuff will leak during the technical briefing.

The teens recorded video of themselves before their death, which they reportedly described as their "last will and testament."

Wait, so they actually described it as their "last will and testament"?

It's unclear whether the RCMP will be releasing the video, or part of the video, after their news conference Friday.

The million dollar question.

I am not expecting the RCMP to dip into motive. Unless there is some pointer by K and B themselves, otherwise it's merely guessing. What is not a guess is that K and B had 'consciousness of guilt', a psychiatric factor and a criminal component in prosecution. We know, and the Mounties know that what K and B were demonstrating once they murdered Lucas and Chynna, was a very definite knowledge ,the consciousness of their guilt, a tangible outcome. They ran and absconded. They didn't stay and contact fire, police, doctor, , they murdered the Prof and took the Prof's car and zoomed off, and finally, hid in the brush and shot themselves.

Clear consciousness of absolute guilt.

RCMP: Teen suspects in northern B.C. murders died by suicide, with guns found nearby

"The B.C. RCMP have engaged the force’s Behavioural Analysis Unit and Mounties will review all the evidence and timelines, said the police statement."

So I expect they will release those findings since they specifically mentioned behavioral analysis. Otherwise, why mention it?

Also we will probably find out approximately when they died, because of the metadata on the goodbye video.

RCMP: Teen suspects in northern B.C. murders died by suicide, with guns found nearby

"The B.C. RCMP have engaged the force’s Behavioural Analysis Unit and Mounties will review all the evidence and timelines, said the police statement."

So I expect they will release those findings since they specifically mentioned behavioral analysis. Otherwise, why mention it?

Also we will probably find out approximately when they died, because of the metadata on the goodbye video.
I really do hope they talk about what the behavioral analysts made of all this--or include it in the report. Their insight is what I have been the most curious about.

I really do hope they talk about what the behavioral analysts made of all this--or include it in the report. Their insight is what I have been the most curious about.

The public will NOT be happy if they don't. I mean, they pretty much have to include it because they specifically mentioned it from the outset. Otherwise the public will be questioning why it wasn't included. A lot of people already believe they didn't do it and are devolving into conspiracy theories.

What is Criminal Investigative Analysis?
Criminal Investigative Analysis (CIA), also known as criminal profiling, is an investigative tool used within the law enforcement community to help solve violent crimes. The analysis is based on a review of evidence from the crime scene and from witnesses and victims. The analysis is done from both an investigative and a behavioural perspective. The analysis can provide insight into the unknown offender (characteristics and traits) as well as investigative suggestions and strategies for interviews and trial.

A CIA cannot replace a thorough investigation; and the accuracy and detail of a CIA is limited by the accuracy and detail of the information on which it is based. CIA does not use crystal balls or psychic experiences; it is a logical, systematic approach for analyzing behaviour.

CIA services can assist in the investigation of interpersonal violence, particularly homicide and sexual assault cases. CIA is suitable for single-incident or serial cases with one or more victims, including:

• homicides;
  • kidnapping, including infant kidnapping;
  • sexual assault;
  • child molestation and abuse;
  • hostage taking;
  • bombings;
  • arson;
  • threat cases; and
  • extortion.
CIA analysts are experienced investigators with extensive training in behavioural analysis. They have been certified by the International Criminal Investigative Analysis Fellowship to provide analyses of criminal behaviour.

Consulting Services
The consulting services that CIA analysts offer to criminal investigators include the following areas:

Personality Profile: This is a detailed behavioural analysis to derive information about an unknown offender. The analyst examines information about the victim and the offence to determine the characteristics and traits of the offender. Such a personality profile may allow those involved to recognize someone as a possible offender. Based on the analysis, the analyst can usually offer suggestions for further investigations.

Indirect Personality Assessment: This is an assessment of a known individual believed to be responsible for committing a violent crime. The assessment, based on an evaluation of the individual's personality, can help to determine:

• whether or not the suspect's personality fits the crime under investigation;
  • suspect's strengths, weaknesses and areas of vulnerability ;
  • interview techniques appropriate for the suspect;
  • strategies for a successful undercover operation;
  • strategies for negotiating successfully with a hostage-taker;
  • strategies for investigating offenders of sexual homicide or serial rape, particularly to elicit predictable actions on the part of the offender; and
  • most appropriate trial and courtroom strategy.
Equivocal Death Analysis: This is an in-depth crime scene reconstruction undertaken to provide an opinion on the manner of death: homicide, suicide, accidental death, death by natural causes, or death by misadventure. This is generally done in conjunction with a psychological autopsy.

Assessment of Threat or Extortion Communications: The analyst examines a threat or extortion communication for content and stylistic characteristics in order to assess the validity of the threat and the level of risk to the victim and suggest ways to minimize the risk to the victim. In some cases it is possible to provide a profile of the unknown author or caller.

Consulting to Provide Expert Analysis: This service is provided to help investigators focus and fine tune interview techniques, develop investigative strategies including undercover operation strategies, and develop an appropriate trial and courtroom strategy. A CIA analyst can provide services such as:

• crime scene reconstruction;
  • expert evidence/reports to coroner's inquest;
  • expert opinions for use in search warrant and privacy act applications;
  • expert evidence/reports regarding the 'signature' of serial violent offenders;
  • analysis of stalking cases;
  • research on unusual areas of expert examination;and
  • consultation on media strategy and releases.

Criminal Investigative Analysis - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

I really hope there's an all encompassing timeline included along with the forensics. I still want to know where Kam and Bryer were the 15th, 16th, 17th and where they spent the nights of the 12th, 13th, 19th, 21st and of course their approximate time of death. I would also really like to see more surveillance footage that they may have recovered from round the Provinces and never made public. Maybe too much wishful thinking with the surveillance footage but at least a timeline of confirmed sightings, dates, times and towns on a map. I really love maps and I'm still really curious about the places they hit up and the route they actually traveled.

I really hope there's an all encompassing timeline included along with the forensics. I still want to know where Kam and Bryer were the 15th, 16th, 17th and where they spent the nights of the 12th, 13th, 19th, 21st and of course their approximate time of death. I would also really like to see more surveillance footage that they may have recovered from round the Provinces and never made public. Maybe too much wishful thinking with the surveillance footage but at least a timeline of confirmed sightings, dates, times and towns on a map. I really love maps and I'm still really curious about the places they hit up and the route they actually traveled.
I would also love a timeline and map of confirmed sightings for all those days and things!

I feel like it has to have that information. Otherwise it won't be a comprehensive report.

The families of the victims are in my thoughts. I can’t imagine what they’re going through as they hear what the RCMP findings are. Hopefully this brings them some kind of closure and they can begin to heal.

That caught me by surprise too.

I enjoyed reading about Chynna's life though. Reading the story of a beautiful life taken from a women who had so much to give, just reaffirms my belief that we need to know WHY Chynna or anyone else died.

I sometimes feel guilty because we spend more time here talking about the suspects. But to be honest, I live in B.C. and have children just a few years older than KM and BS.

I come here because I want to know why this happened and maybe prevent my future grandchildren someday doing the same thing. I have a strong need to know what went wrong in this whole event. Was there a trigger the rest of us can avoid?

Thank you for the link @Lalalacasbah. Chynna sounds like a wonderful person and it's nice to read those memories by her family to remember her by.

I agree, that article was so personable and was nice to really get a sense of who she was and the closeness of her loving family. A heartbreaking loss.

so this reply is off the topic you were talking about, but that pic is important. in that pic that is a manual tansmission gear shift, the van we have looked at that was auctioned says auto.
1986 CHEV BONAVENTURE VAN
we have done a lot of looking at the van and what we thought we knew may not be accurate.

Great that you pointed that out! I think I missed the whole van discussion. Was the theory the van was auctioned off after the crime?

Andrea Woo | 鄔瑞楓 on Twitter

B.C. RCMP will release more info about #canadianmanhunt on Friday. One-hour tech briefing with media, no devices allowed, followed by news conference.

Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod found dead in Manitoba Aug. 7. Police will NOT be releasing videos they filmed of themselves.

Yeah that's not surprising. That doesn't mean they won't release transcripts or descriptions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801