Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These might've been shared already...

I think this is Chynna's brother Stetson's YouTube channel, interesting fella. He also has a personal one that I won't share here but if you look in comments on some of these vids he comments and it links to his other one. @NJSleuth91 , funny you mentioned the cat thing about Kam as Chynna's brother posted a video on his channel called Cats are Awesome... aha YouTube rabbit hole coincidences!

There is a really nice photo tribute and a documentary. Documentary is a bit odd in style and editing but the heart is there. The intro to the doc is Chynna singing a love song to Lucas, ugh pretty sad.

And there's some footage of Chynna's brothers talking and footage of Chynna's brother's speech at her memorial (it seems):

RCMP investigation on three homicides in northern B.C. to be released on Friday

SURREY, B.C. — The RCMP will release its investigative findings on Friday into the murders of three people in northern British Columbia that sparked a manhunt for two teenage suspects across Western Canada.

Before their deaths, the teens were charged with the murder of Leonard Dyck, a University of British Columbia botany lecturer, and were also suspects in the deaths of American Chynna Deese and her Australian boyfriend Lucas Fowler.

The RCMP committed to publicly sharing the details of its investigation after providing the families in the case with an update.

Police said two firearms were found with the dead men.

Police used drones, dogs and even had help from the Canadian Armed Forces to scour the remote area.

@Lalalacasbah

Interesting that the thumbnail is a picture of Kam and Bryer when they mentioned in the article yesterday that they were upset information on Kam and Bryer came up when people looked up Chynna's name.

This couldn't have been on purpose I'm thinking? Video was posted 1 months ago and is Part 1, no Part 2 posted... yet...

Andrea Woo | 鄔瑞楓 on Twitter

B.C. RCMP will release more info about #canadianmanhunt on Friday. One-hour tech briefing with media, no devices allowed, followed by news conference.

Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod found dead in Manitoba Aug. 7. Police will NOT be releasing videos they filmed of themselves.
The chances of that clip ever being released was always going to almost nil. But it is reasonable to guess about it, a bit. I doubt there would be remorse, maybe, a small chance of regret, but not much, and probably a bit of banter and yukking it up. .. This is their big moment, and they would have it carefully scripted to portray themselves as just a pair of hard-done-by guys, for sure.

And whatever Alan Sc. saw , the 30 seconds of it, it certainly silenced him as far as his sons guilt went. Pre watching it, he wanted to see the 'evidence! the evidence!' after watching it, he now wants to know where the guns came from. So he knows..

My small hope is, they tried it on some one else, who got away. Not every murderer has 100% strike rate, even the luckiest murderer makes errors, and has bad luck, and it is possible that the RCMP has someone who got approached by K and B under sinister circumstances and managed to escape. This is one way their method of approach could be known, and their modus operandi, how they inveigle themselves into other peoples space , bent on destruction.

Apart from that, it all a lot of guesswork since all five are dead. It would be astonishing if K and B actually described their perspective, and their method, and their motivation, …. I doubt they knew it themselves, to the extent of verbalizing it. They just 'felt' it.

I think this is Chynna's brother Stetson's YouTube channel, interesting fella. He also has a personal one that I won't share here but if you look in comments on some of these vids he comments and it links to his other one. @NJSleuth91 , funny you mentioned the cat thing about Kam as Chynna's brother posted a video on his channel called Cats are Awesome... aha YouTube rabbit hole coincidences!

There is a really nice photo tribute and a documentary. Documentary is a bit odd in style and editing but the heart is there. The intro to the doc is Chynna singing a love song to Lucas, ugh pretty sad.

And there's some footage of Chynna's brothers talking and footage of Chynna's brother's speech at her memorial (it seems):

That's the first time I realized how diminutive she was, how tiny. I hadn't seen any pictures before of her and Lucas standing together. She must have been such easy prey for K and B.

' and left their bodies in a ditch'...….

I always thought it was a huge long shot they would release the actual videos themselves, especially this soon after. I understand they have liability concerns about copycat killers and all. Although in the future, who knows....But apparently their existence has been officially confirmed now by the RCMP telling that reporter they aren't going to release them, so there's that.

But I do hope they at least say what was on them, hopefully a transcript like with the Basement Tapes. I always thought they were most likely sort of a 2019, after the fact version of the Basement Tapes. The fact that they aren't releasing them may point in that direction (the copycat killer thing). There will be so much criminological information on those videos though in terms of body language, their nonverbal interactions, etc. which could point to their leader/follower dynamic and all that.

I don't think the public will be satisfied with the conclusions of the report otherwise if the contents of the videos are not at least described. I also think they most likely provide the key to motive. When the police made that statement about how motive would be difficult to ascertain, that was about four hours after they had found the bodies. I don't think they had even found the videos at that point.

I wonder if Kam and Bryer's families will be allowed to see them though. And if so, if that will be before the report, or later on. And will they have to sign an NDA too?

But yes, whatever was on those 30 seconds I think confirmed for Bryer's dad that they really did do it. Even if it was just "sorry we did this, goodbye."

I would be absolutely astonished if Alan S got so much as a sorry. That would surprise the hell out of me.

However, I am curious as to what instructions they apparently gave as to the dispersal of their dead bodies. .. that intrigues me, that they actually considered that far ahead, and somehow imagined that would be important.

Last edited:
I would be absolutely astonished if Alan S got so much as a sorry. That would surprise the hell out of me.

I believe the goodbye video was directed to all of their family members, not any specific one. At least it seems that way from how it was described.

However, I am curious as to what instructions they apparently gave as to the dispersal of their dead bodies. .. that intrigues me, that they actually considered that far ahead, and somehow imagined that would be important.

I've always thought it was that they asked to be buried together. Really, what else could it be? It goes perfectly with their "us vs. the world" mindset. It would also explain why Bryer's dad speculated on whether it was a "Thelma and Louise situation" in his last interview.

I'm also curious to know if Kam and Bryer actually described it as a "last will and testament" in the video itself, as that one article implied. Because if so, that is super dramatic <modsnip>.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always thought it was that they asked to be buried together. Really, what else could it be? It goes perfectly with their "us vs. the world" mindset. It would also explain why Bryer's dad speculated on whether it was a "Thelma and Louise situation" in his last interview.

I'm also curious to know if Kam and Bryer actually described it as a "last will and testament" in the video itself, as that one article implied. Because if so, that is super dramatic <modsnip>.

edited by me for brevity.

Buried together, eh?.... I didn't think of that... do you mean buried in the same coffin, sort of thing? or.. what, exactly? I thought they might have demanded some sort of cairn line structure, with flags, and prayer bells, al la some Bhuddist shrine effect, but I hardly think that would be granted them. I suspect there will be ashes, kept in a jar, and not labelled in a crematorium somewhere, just in case of people driven to vandalism.

Last edited:
Buried together, eh?.... I didn't think of that... do you mean buried in he same coffin, sort of thing? or.. what, exactly? I thought they might have demanded some sort of cairn line structure, with flags, and prayer bells, al la some Bhuddist shrine effect, but I hardly think that would be granted them. I suspect there will be ashes, kept in a jar, and not labelled in a crematorium somewhere, just in case of people driven to vandalism.

I'm guessing probably cremated and ashes mixed or scattered together? (Or sometimes ashes are buried) I heard something like 70% of Canadians are cremated. And, one would think they would realize their remains would be heavily decomposed by the time they were found (although who knows with these guys).

I don't think they could describe a whole elaborate cairn structure AND say goodbye in 30 seconds.

Buried together is the only last request for their remains that makes sense to me. And it fits with what we know about their dynamic. They were best friends for 14 years. They were also socially awkward and bullied. They probably felt like it was them vs. the world even before the murders, let alone after when they had an entire police force hunting them down. Like they were the only ones who truly understood each other. There's a reason why they stayed together until the end and died together. Of course they'd want to be buried together too. They were very emotionally co-dependent on each other, I think.

I also think they were cremated and the ashes are stuck in the back of a closet somewhere. And their families definitely did not combine them.

Last edited:
"A skilled mechanic, he fixed the ranch vehicles."

I wonder what happened to the van, that LF couldn't fix. So SO so sad...
It was mentioned that Lucas had told someone who stopped to help that the van had flooded. so something like this happened:
Now that the VIN of the van has been posted, I looked it up and the van used a 4 barrel carburetor. This particular kind of carburetor does have a flaw that can cause it to leak extra gasoline into the engine. It is possible so much gas leaked into the engine that the engine could not burn the excess gas and stopped running. I don't know what tools they had with them, but the engine would need to dry out (the excess gas evaporate). If they had tools and pulled the spark plugs out, this would make the drying out process quicker. But it would not address the original problem, which would require the carburetor to be removed and repaired, which is not a roadside repair option due to a likely lack of repair parts carried with them.

It was mentioned that Lucas had told someone who stopped to help that the van had flooded. so something like this happened:
Now that the VIN of the van has been posted, I looked it up and the van used a 4 barrel carburetor. This particular kind of carburetor does have a flaw that can cause it to leak extra gasoline into the engine. It is possible so much gas leaked into the engine that the engine could not burn the excess gas and stopped running. I don't know what tools they had with them, but the engine would need to dry out (the excess gas evaporate). If they had tools and pulled the spark plugs out, this would make the drying out process quicker. But it would not address the original problem, which would require the carburetor to be removed and repaired, which is not a roadside repair option due to a likely lack of repair parts carried with them.
can you tell by vin what engine that van had? I don't know how to look up by vin.

can you tell by vin what engine that van had? I don't know how to look up by vin.
Just do a Google search with the VIN and you should get results.
The van has a 5.0 liter 4 bbl gasoline engine (or a 305 cubic inch in the US). The carburetor would be a General Motors Rochester 4 barrel model that can tend to leak fuel when they get old.
The VIN also identifies it as a 1986 Chevrolet G20 (3/4 ton) van, not a G10 (1/2 ton) van as I said earlier.
The auction description lists it as a Bonaventure trim level.

The MDI technology is interesting and possibly used for these suspects. I assume details like this will be included in the report.

This briefing reads word for word to me so possibly recorded and this could be a transcript. Today’s tech briefing is not allowing recording devices but I’m guessing since the report will be released after today’s conference it will assist with the journalist summary afterwards.

FWIW this all seems thought out and organized enough to minimize any fallout or pain for the victims loved ones. I’m looking forward to a professional report.

@Lalalacasbah

Interesting that the thumbnail is a picture of Kam and Bryer when they mentioned in the article yesterday that they were upset information on Kam and Bryer came up when people looked up Chynna's name.

IIRC that was the mom’s comment.

Seeing as one of the brothers works in surveillance I assume he would have an appreciation to the search optimization on the internet.

There was another article earlier on where one of the brother’s is keen to have all the supplied info from the investigation so that they have no surprises in the future. I think there is probably Mom who won’t want to know these details and the one or two siblings who will take that part on.

I find the YouTube videos odd.

Just do a Google search with the VIN and you should get results.
The van has a 5.0 liter 4 bbl gasoline engine (or a 305 cubic inch in the US). The carburetor would be a General Motors Rochester 4 barrel model that can tend to leak fuel when they get old.
The VIN also identifies it as a 1986 Chevrolet G20 (3/4 ton) van, not a G10 (1/2 ton) van as I said earlier.
The auction description lists it as a Bonaventure trim level.
thanks

DBM

Does it seem like this account is much different from their previous postings. He is having a really tough time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member