Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be pessimistic but I think we are getting our hopes up too high. I think there will the route they travelled and where they stopped, maybe ballistics report showing that the guns used were a match. Time of death of BS & KM. Possibly video surveillances from other sources and/or GPS putting them at the scenes. I do believe that there will be cell phone evidence beyond the video(s). I don't think we will get much more and I think no matter how much information we are given it will never be enough for some. This case is so full of WTF - and why and I think that is why so many people have become borderline obsessed with whys of it all, myself included.

Thanks so much, that helps a lot.

So, Chynna and Lucas visited his high school classmate from Peru, Mr. Barrios, around Oct 2018. Then Lucas came to stay in Dease home in Charlotte, on a 90 day visa waiver, which expired in January 2019. Then he came to Calgary and looked for jobs.
Usually, what happens is, people like Lucas would use a Stock and Land agent, a broker, one who buys the cattle from the rancher and takes on people looking for work, a middle man, , it's a big business, and on visa restrictions every day counts, he would have had that job lined up before he left the Carolinas. Email, naturally. He may have needed that verification at the Canadian Border.

It's a huge network and stretches right across the globe.

There are a lot of similarities in the life of , at least , Kam and Lucas... Lucas was not privately educated, he went to the local primary school, and high school, being the coppers son, no advantage there , then on to an apprenticeship to learn mechanics trade , a gap year up in the Northern Territory on cattle stations, saving up his wages, probably doing two jobs, long days in the heat and dust getting together a stake to set out with.
Hardly 5 weeks at Walmart and a van thrown in but they might have had a lot of common ground.

Not to be pessimistic but I think we are getting our hopes up too high. I think there will the route they travelled and where they stopped, maybe ballistics report showing that the guns used were a match. Time of death of BS & KM. Possibly video surveillances from other sources and/or GPS putting them at the scenes. I do believe that there will be cell phone evidence beyond the video(s). I don't think we will get much more and I think no matter how much information we are given it will never be enough for some. This case is so full of WTF - and why and I think that is why so many people have become borderline obsessed with whys of it all, myself included.

I agree and actually only expect the bare essential information to be released. Yet, that might be enough for you folks to complete the puzzle. Look what you done with almost nothing!

But, I'm curious about the no-recording media briefing. Will questions to the televised rcmp update be limited, or even pre-approved beforehand in said briefing? Otherwise why so?

I'm also questioning if witnesses used in the investigation will, from tomorrow, be permitted to speak to media of their contributions? There'll be no trial, so their information wouldn't be interfering in LE investigation work, influencing jurors etc, no?

Usually, what happens is, people like Lucas would use a Stock and Land agent, a broker, one who buys the cattle from the rancher and takes on people looking for work, a middle man, , it's a big business, and on visa restrictions every day counts, he would have had that job lined up before he left the Carolinas. Email, naturally. He may have needed that verification at the Canadian Border.

It's a huge network and stretches right across the globe.

There are a lot of similarities in the life of , at least , Kam and Lucas... Lucas was not privately educated, he went to the local primary school, and high school, being the coppers son, no advantage there , then on to an apprenticeship to learn mechanics trade , a gap year up in the Northern Territory on cattle stations, saving up his wages, probably doing two jobs, long days in the heat and dust getting together a stake to set out with.
Hardly 5 weeks at Walmart and a van thrown in but they might have had a lot of common ground.

Interesting point of having prearranged the work before arriving to Canada. We were told that he found the farm job while in Calgary. So how does that work for visas and such? Does it process quickly or would he have had to organize before coming to Canada?

I agree and actually only expect the bare essential information to be released. Yet, that might be enough for you folks to complete the puzzle. Look what you done with almost nothing!

But, I'm curious about the no-recording media briefing. Will questions to the televised rcmp update be limited, or even pre-approved beforehand in said briefing? Otherwise why so?

I'm also questioning if witnesses used in the investigation will, from tomorrow, be permitted to speak to media of their contributions? There'll be no trial, so their information wouldn't be interfering in LE investigation work, influencing jurors etc, no?

My guess is the debrief is just to go over the report ahead of time with reporters before the presser. Get everyone on the same page, prevents leaks prior to presser, extends a courtesy to the media so they can do their jobs effectively too. Then the presser. Then the report is released to public.

How much more time and effort journalists will put into this case after tomorrow will probably drop significantly unless there are some shocking details that change the case somehow.

Interesting point of having prearranged the work before arriving to Canada. We were told that he found the farm job while in Calgary. So how does that work for visas and such? Does it process quickly or would he have had to organize before coming to Canada?
I'd venture that was an error. He , to work in Canada, would have a working tourist visa.. That's different to a visa, or an immigration entry pass, it is a ticket that allows one to work, but for a certain amount of days, and that is, or at least was, totally dependent on the actual industry employing the working tourist.
It does not process quickly, or quicker if you are actually in Canada coming in from the USA as an AU cit. It would work against, as the Border off. could say, well. you go back and apply, people on that kind of visa know how many days, they may be extended, it is easier all round , easier for Canada Border control if a job is lined up, right there, proof at the desk at the airport. They just ring and check if they have concerns.

Mostly, they do ring your future employer, but they are prepared for that, because this is their business too.

There are very few places one can simply land and find work. To actually receive a working tourist visa, you have to have tradeable skills, and also , Canada, for example, not alone, AU does the same, would want a guarantee that he is leaving Canada. Otherwise he would have to undergo immigration status entry. If he wanted to work. He could not work, and be a tourist. But that's not what he did.

He would be taxed at Canada rate, he would have a social sec number , and any money he earned would have gone into the National Canada Pension thingy, to be paid , proportionately, when he would have turned 65, or whatever it is in Canada these days.

That will come to Lucas's brothers and sisters, 40 years from now. Poignant, ey ? Here's a mail from the Canadian Govt... a cheque for Lucas Fowler, monthly overseas pension.

Last edited:
Of course the same thing will happen to Kam and Bryer's relatives.. Walmart would have them registered as employees, they paid tax, some of that tax went into the Pension Fund du Canada, and 45 years from now, a cheque from the Canadian Govt , CAN $ 4.00

I am not really expecting much from the debriefing or report. I think it will have been carefully put together with a small amount of new info. or some extra details about info. that has already been made public to shut down the discord of people wanting to know what happened and will not have a great deal to offer.

Of course the same thing will happen to Kam and Bryer's relatives.. Walmart would have them registered as employees, they paid tax, some of that tax went into the Pension Fund du Canada, and 45 years from now, a cheque from the Canadian Govt , CAN $ 4.00

The 1st few thousand of earnings is exempt from paying into CPP so likely they didn't get any pensionable earnings from only a few weeks of likely part time earnings @ minimum wage. Also, I think you don't even start paying into it until 19 or 18 maybe? Either way, I doubt there will be any payout 45 years later, even $4.00...

The 1st few thousand of earnings is exempt from paying into CPP so likely they didn't get any pensionable earnings from only a few weeks of likely part time earnings @ minimum wage. Also, I think you don't even start paying into it until 19 or 18 maybe? Either way, I doubt there will be any payout 45 years later, even $4.00...
I forgot about the cutoff thingo!. thanks for the heads up.

Lucas would certainly have paid in, on the strength of him coming back to Canada in future years to work , plus, on a working visa, he had no option, ..

And in my experience I have found the Canadian Govt to be meticulous to the very last cent in matters of Govt Money sent overseas, down to fractions, God love 'em.!

Great post.
Great questions.
I also expect the bare essentials from tomorrow's report.
I think there will still be many unanswered questions for WSers to discuss/debate :) JMO

I agree that we will get a timeline, perhaps some offering that ballistics, DNA and videos on their phones substantiated their investigation and possibly some other video surveillance captured along the way. Maybe a list belongings found at the site they were found. I’m guessing for the victims family’s sake they aren’t going to want to turn it into much more. Beyond that as curious as I am it admittedly puts all the focus of these events on the perpetrators not the victims who deserve to be remembered.

I forgot about the cutoff thingo!. thanks for the heads up.

Lucas would certainly have paid in, on the strength of him coming back to Canada in future years to work , plus, on a working visa, he had no option, ..

And in my experience I have found the Canadian Govt to be meticulous to the very last cent in matters of Govt Money sent overseas, down to fractions, God love 'em.!

I’m not sure if it was ever discussed here earlier but I’m now interested how the hiring took place for the farm up north if it was said he answered an ad while staying in a hostel in Calgary. Is it possible his original job that he may have obtained a visa for fell through and he was able to turn it around paperwork wise?

ETA:
“Erika and Christoph Weder got an email from Fowler in January, responding to their ad asking for help. He had just been awarded a two-year working visa for Canada and was staying in a Calgary hostel while looking for jobs.”

Before Lucas Fowler died in northern B.C., he embraced a life there | The Star

Last edited:
A technical briefing is to describe how they came to/what tools they used to come to, the conclusions that will be publicly announced at the presser immediately after.

It's that simple.

I’m not sure if it was ever discussed here earlier but I’m now interested how the hiring took place for the farm up north if it was said he answered an ad while staying in a hostel in Calgary. Is it possible his original job that he may have obtained a visa for fell through and he was able to turn it around paperwork wise?

ETA:
“Erika and Christoph Weder got an email from Fowler in January, responding to their ad asking for help. He had just been awarded a two-year working visa for Canada and was staying in a Calgary hostel while looking for jobs.”

Curious why you are questioning the immigration/visitor/work visa status of a murder victim.

I'd venture that was an error. He , to work in Canada, would have a working tourist visa.. That's different to a visa, or an immigration entry pass, it is a ticket that allows one to work, but for a certain amount of days, and that is, or at least was, totally dependent on the actual industry employing the working tourist.
It does not process quickly, or quicker if you are actually in Canada coming in from the USA as an AU cit. It would work against, as the Border off. could say, well. you go back and apply, people on that kind of visa know how many days, they may be extended, it is easier all round , easier for Canada Border control if a job is lined up, right there, proof at the desk at the airport. They just ring and check if they have concerns.

Mostly, they do ring your future employer, but they are prepared for that, because this is their business too.

There are very few places one can simply land and find work. To actually receive a working tourist visa, you have to have tradeable skills, and also , Canada, for example, not alone, AU does the same, would want a guarantee that he is leaving Canada. Otherwise he would have to undergo immigration status entry. If he wanted to work. He could not work, and be a tourist. But that's not what he did.

He would be taxed at Canada rate, he would have a social sec number , and any money he earned would have gone into the National Canada Pension thingy, to be paid , proportionately, when he would have turned 65, or whatever it is in Canada these days.

That will come to Lucas's brothers and sisters, 40 years from now. Poignant, ey ? Here's a mail from the Canadian Govt... a cheque for Lucas Fowler, monthly overseas pension.
He probably had a working holiday visa, loads of young Australians do it. Young Canadians can go to Australia, and many other countries, as the program is reciprocal between countries. You can find work once you get to the new country, quit whenever, travel, go to another province and work again. The US doesn't have any such visas.

Working holiday visa - Wikipedia

ETA:

He could have had umpteen jobs lined up, all from commercial entities who had satisfied the Canadian Govt that they would not be denying a Canadian a job , that is, there is a recognized shortage of workers in that particular industry, or that particular area , and they are not exploiting income earners, etc etc, all the usual hedges and checks and balances.

A Canadian employer, who hires on staff on Work Visa's usually has to have the paperwork in order. Certainly, and I know this happens in AU there will be exploitation, I happen to think Canada is more on the ball than AU is in this matter.

What is known, is , he wanted to be within hailing distance of North Carolina, for good and plenty reasons, he could just as easily got a job in a copper mine in Mexico, or ship mechanic in Bermuda, rather than the long haul across the Pacific to Sydney, ( it really is a very long haul ) if there was any chance of spending time together. His US 90 day visa was about to run out, and that requires one to leave the USA for, I forget , is it 90 days? 190?... before one can apply for a US visa again.

• Citizens of Australia,[26] Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic,[27] Denmark, Estonia,[28] France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand,[29] Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine and the United Kingdom are eligible for a Canadian working holiday visa, so long as they fulfill certain criteria which are specific to each country.[

Of course, Lucas may gave got special treatment, his dad being a Police Commisioner, who knows? maybe he got a gold pass, maybe he could just swan on thru Border control at whim. ….

(just teasin' )

Last edited:
Curious why you are questioning the immigration/visitor/work visa status of a murder victim.

Just wondering if it at all could have been connected from Calgary onwards. Some sort of fallout somehow somewhere. No conspiracy leading if that’s what you are wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper