Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably had a working holiday visa, loads of young Australians do it. Young Canadians can go to Australia, and many other countries, as the program is reciprocal between countries. You can find work once you get to the new country, quit whenever, travel, go to another province and work again. The US doesn't have any such visas.

Working holiday visa - Wikipedia

Thanks! Makes sense. I know (example) in the Okanagan there are a lot of young Australians who work at the ski resorts in the winter and the wineries in the summer. Some stay just for ski season and go home for their winter season too. Some travel within Canada.

I doubt they have any GPS evidence linking Kam and Bryer to the murder scenes. I'm not saying they didn't film the aftermath of each scene (I really hope they didn't do that.) Anyway, even if they did attempt to track either of their phones it would not have been until after the 19th when they contacted the families and got their information. You can't go back in time and check GPS satellite data to see if a phone was in the area. You can only listen via a satellite in real time so to speak. It's like FM radio. You also need at least 4 satellites to zero in on a location. The RCMP would had to have had Kam or Bryer's numbers and been tracking them from the get-go which I think we are all quite certain did not happen. I mean if their phones were keeping location history that's something else, but let's be real, I think they were lucky if they even got 2G the majority of this trip if any signal at all. Perhaps some location data did get logged but I don't think it was anything substantial. Just a feeling. Then how prevalent is WiFi in those towns up there in Northern BC? It kind of screams dial up country but I could be completely wrong. If I'm remembering correctly it appeared Claudia Bunce from the Jade Store did her interview via Skype or something similar so maybe they do have some areas with DSL or cable that far North? I do imagine Kam and Bryer found some places offering free WiFi in Southern BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan once they were on the run, although even that sounds hit or miss unless you're closer to one of the bigger cities. Which, for the most part it seems they completely avoided.

Was this ever posted here? Video from reporter Joe Scarpelli from right after they were found. It isn't taken in the area where the bodies were found (it was too dangerous to get there on foot apparently) but a local is pointing out where they were found.

Joe Scarpelli on Twitter

It's hard to figure out what's being said, or what side of the river they were found on, but it sounds like to me that there were steep cliffs along the riverbank and they were found at the top of the cliffs? If so that could fit with my speculation that they threw the items off the cliff as a marker so that the RCMP would find them. Since IIRC the area was searched days before and none of the items were found. This is all speculation since I'm not 100% clear on what's being described here.

@Lalalacasbah for what it's worth I was the one who mentioned Kam's thing for cats, Cthulhu and Pokemon. Not a big deal, but hey, credit where credit is due right? ;)
P.S. Even though I'm a huge gamer, I hate Pokemon. That entire phenomena just missed me in the mid to late 90's. I swear the cutoff for that whole thing was anyone born after 1984. I was 1983. Phew.

Ah, good insight :) I was born in '75 so definitely skipped that whole Pokemon stuff!

I was actually referring to NJSleuth's 5AM metaphor post below (BBM) but now I realize after you pointed it out, I apparently missed the whole cat connection in general with Kam. Guess he liked cats! lol

"5 AM insomnia post:

I noticed something...on Kam's Cathulu shirt it says "Is this a cat or a monster or...is it both?" Like...doesn't that seem like a huge metaphor for this entire case?! Is he a sweet, kind, funny, cheerful, shy teenager, or a cold-blooded killer? Nobody who knew him can reconcile the two. If he wasn't consciously sending a message with that....
"
Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #20

Curious why you are questioning the immigration/visitor/work visa status of a murder victim.

I'm curious like Lois Lane too. I think it helps to think of all the little tidbits to try to connect any dots.

Yes, I think the crime was random in a sense but not random enough as just driving on by. I still think for there was a conversation, interaction or some connection prior with the couple for K&B to choose Chynna and Lucas. No idea why I think that, just think something had to trigger and focus on the couple... but who really knows the motive if any. You never know who knows who in this world. Not conspiracy at all, but it's an interesting question!

Last edited:
Was this ever posted here? Video from reporter Joe Scarpelli from right after they were found. It isn't taken in the area where the bodies were found (it was too dangerous to get there on foot apparently) but a local is pointing out where they were found.

Joe Scarpelli on Twitter

It's hard to figure out what's being said, or what side of the river they were found on, but it sounds like to me that there were steep cliffs along the riverbank and they were found at the top of the cliffs? If so that could fit with my speculation that they threw the items off the cliff as a marker so that the RCMP would find them. Since IIRC the area was searched days before and none of the items were found. This is all speculation since I'm not 100% clear on what's being described here.

I think there were some cliffs. I can't watch the video, maybe I need a Twitter account?

I thought I read in an article the bodies even had to be airlifted out and they couldn't get in there on foot but that can't be right as how would they get the firearms/cells...

I might have to search out that article.

Last edited:
I think there was some cliffs. I can't watch the video, maybe I need a Twitter account?

I was able to watch it without a Twitter account.

I thought I read in an article the bodies even had to be airlifted out and they couldn't get in there on foot but that can't be right as how would they get the firearms/cells...

I might have to search out that article.

Wow, that would be...quite an undertaking.

I was able to watch it without a Twitter account.

Wow, that would be...quite an undertaking.

Ok thanks, so it's probably my Mac/browser trying to force me to buy a new laptop, so I can view everything properly on the internet. Not the first time I can't function properly!

I will look for that article, I swear I read that somewhere about the airlift.

Ok thanks, so it's probably my Mac/browser trying to force me to buy a new laptop, so I can view everything properly on the internet. Not the first time I can't function properly!

I will look for that article, I swear I read that somewhere about the airlift.

I know in Gillam, they were put onto a plane in metal coffins to be flown to Winnipeg for the autopsy (the photo of that is on that same reporter's Twitter feed). Maybe you got confused with that?

I know in Gillam, they were put onto a plane in metal coffins to be flown to Winnipeg for the autopsy (the photo of that is on that same reporter's Twitter feed). Maybe you got confused with that?

Maybe, probably... can't find the article after looking. I'm probably confused but will keep looking in my spare time.

It could've been a caption under a photo in article. Always have to read the captions under photos, I find there's sometimes good info there not mentioned in the articles!

I'm curious like Lois Lane too. I think it helps to think of all the little tidbits to try to connect any dots.

Yes, I think the crime was random in a sense but not random enough as just driving on by. I still think for there was a conversation, interaction or some connection prior with the couple for K&B to choose Chynna and Lucas. No idea why I think that, just think something had to trigger and focus on the couple... but who really knows the motive if any. You never know who knows who in this world. Not conspiracy at all, but it's an interesting question!

Random in a sense but not random enough.. I think you have it nailed there, Lala.

I don't want it to be that way, it is awful to think they may have been stalked, they looked such an appealing couple, and something , well. It is a hallmark of profiling that . . when murderers try and alter the facial features of their victim, it's because they know them. Apparently, it's an unconscious thing, done without plan.

Might only be known for an hour, but some exchange has taken place, and her brother said, it took so long to identify her because of the violence. Because of that remark it has stuck with me all this time, that, along with the peculiar discarding of the bodies. That First Nations man who was guarding the bodies while waiting for the RCMP looked so shocked to the core, a life changing moment for him to see what people can do to other people.

Maybe, probably... can't find the article after looking. I'm probably confused but will keep looking in my spare time.

It could've been a caption under a photo in article. Always have to read the captions under photos, I find there's sometimes good info there not mentioned in the articles!

Either way the officers involved in recovering the bodies have 1000x the internal wherewithal I will ever have. Even apart from the logistical difficulties posed by the terrain, I imagine the level of decomposition and damage must have fallen under the category of "NSFL." Like that must have been the grossest job you can imagine.

Random in a sense but not random enough.. I think you have it nailed there, Lala.

I don't want it to be that way, it is awful to think they may have been stalked, they looked such an appealing couple, and something , well. It is a hallmark of profiling that . . when murderers try and alter the facial features of their victim, it's because they know them. Apparently, it's an unconscious thing, done without plan.

Might only be known for an hour, but some exchange has taken place, and her brother said, it took so long to identify her because of the violence. Because of that remark it has stuck with me all this time, that, along with the peculiar discarding of the bodies. That First Nations man who was guarding the bodies while waiting for the RCMP looked so shocked to the core, a life changing moment for him to see what people can do to other people.

I think it's more violent/sinister than we think as well but I'm hoping not for victims/family's sake. I don't want it to be that way either but something must've happened between the four if only brief, as I still don't see the van as a target robbery if parked there.

The nice, latests article about Chynna had a line that I found odd - it said the suspects "pulled up and shot them", something like that... could be shoddy journalism or inside info the writer knows. I mean, it could've been totally impulsive and an off the cuff crime but I feel like Kam and Bryer were jilted somehow by the couple to go to such violent measures, all JMO though!

Either way the officers involved in recovering the bodies have 1000x the internal wherewithal I will ever have. Even apart from the logistical difficulties posed by the terrain, I imagine the level of decomposition and damage must have fallen under the category of "NSFL." Like that must have been the grossest job you can imagine.

Definitely harsh... I imagine so many of those workers suffer PTSD after.

Ah, good insight :) I was born in '75 so definitely skipped that whole Pokemon stuff!

I was actually referring to NJSleuth's 5AM metaphor post below (BBM) but now I realize after you pointed it out, I apparently missed the whole cat connection in general with Kam. Guess he liked cats! lol

"5 AM insomnia post:

I noticed something...on Kam's Cathulu shirt it says "Is this a cat or a monster or...is it both?" Like...doesn't that seem like a huge metaphor for this entire case?! Is he a sweet, kind, funny, cheerful, shy teenager, or a cold-blooded killer? Nobody who knew him can reconcile the two. If he wasn't consciously sending a message with that....
"

There is also a photo of Chynna wearing a cthulhu T-shirt in a Star article. So this Pokémon thing never got me excited. Unless for some sick twisted reason KM stole clothing from CD and LF and was wearing one of their t-shirts.

Definitely harsh... I imagine so many of those workers suffer PTSD after.

I'm pretty sure they're trained to deal with it and they get used to it. I mean if you work in anything to do with dead bodies you already know you're going to see some pretty unsee-able stuff on a regular basis. But still....

There is also a photo of Chynna wearing a cthulhu T-shirt in a Star article. So this Pokémon thing never got me excited. Unless for some sick twisted reason KM stole clothing from CD and LF and was wearing one of their t-shirts.

I doubt it, simply because he was like at least a foot taller than her, so I doubt it would fit. Probably just yet another weird coincidence in a case full of them.

I doubt it, simply because he was like at least a foot taller than her, so I doubt it would fit. Probably just yet another weird coincidence in a case full of them.

Could have been LF’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member