Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
interior colors are different too. notice in the auction photo the seats are blue vinyl and the pic where the gear shift can be seen they are cloth and the door panels are cloth and different color.

Is it possible to combine both vehicles mechanically? Maybe two vans at the farm and he turned the Ford into a Chev?

Or the van at auction is not LF’s at all. Or the van was swapped out and abandoned at the farm by the previous owner. Just brainstorming.

SBM

Thanks @Trooper for this insight into Lucas and his previous experience working on cattle ranches in AU and around the world.

According to the Canadian press he had no ranch experience at all.

Quoted from Star Vancouver Aug 18, 2019

"Erika and Christoph Weder got an email from Fowler in January, responding to their ad asking for help. He had just been awarded a two-year working visa for Canada and was staying in a Calgary hostel while looking for jobs.

Even though he didn’t have any ranch experience, the couple decided to take a chance and hire Fowler. He’d done a mechanical apprenticeship in Australia and they thought he could be handy at fixing things.

So Fowler showed up to the wilderness ranch with a backpack and no winter clothes or boots. The lack of preparation didn’t faze the Weders, who had extra gear to spare and were familiar with the backpacking lifestyle."

This was a great article IMO but it now appears maybe it was not accurate information?

I’m confused now. Did we have comments from Lucas’s side that he did have prior experience working on farms?

Is it possible to combine both vehicles mechanically? Maybe two vans at the farm and he turned the Ford into a Chev?

Or the van at auction is not LF’s at all. Or the van was swapped out and abandoned at the farm by the previous owner. Just brainstorming.
You could combine two Chevy vans or a Chevy van and a GMC van. But you can't combine a Ford van and a Chevy van (not realistically anyway).

The van shown in the auction photos is 100% the van they took on their ill-fated trip. They are the same van.

The caption on the photo of them in an Econoline van is simply wrong. They are in a completely different van. It's not the van they took on their trip.

I’m confused now. Did we have comments from Lucas’s side that he did have prior experience working on farms?

@Trooper, whom I believe is Australian, stated in post #668 that Lucas worked on large cattle farms in AU and that he also did a 14 month stint cattle ranching in Brazil.

Possibly this was from AU MSM?

@Trooper, can you confirm?

Assuming then, the briefing is at rcmp in Surrey BC, 2:15pm will be Pacific time?
Also, if the info embargo ends at that point, we should soon expect a flurry of media reports.
Does that imply witnesses in the investigation will also be free to speak?
Reporters won't be shy of chasing interviews, perhaps we'll get to see the full picture yet.

Google Time and Date Classic Converter Classic and enter 2:15pm. Surrey BC should be entered next to Location and your location should be entered second. The correct time zone will automatically be selected and it will also take account of daylight saving at any locations if applicable.

I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of media reports but have no idea about witnesses in case there is going to be an inquest.

I've never seen any indication that Lucas had prior ranch experience. I believe his actual employers who said they hired him despite his not having worked on a ranch before and that he still worked out really well as an employee and think whatever was posted on here about him having worked on a ranch in Australia was pure speculation with no basis in any reported fact.

MOO

@NJSleuth91 I think perhaps they encountered some areas of it, but it looks more like they traveled through thick forest and brush vs bog and swamp. They probably even found fishing and hunting trails. Not necessarily a nightmare hike, but I think the bugs made it absolutely miserable. I made a new map! The distance from where Kam and Bryer were discovered to the road is only about 1,150 feet! You'll notice those stark, bright cliff faces and then it appears they were found on some kind of more gradual slope to the river. I'm curious if they threw there stuff off that cliff edge just West of where they were found or they walked down to the river's edge and left it right on the riverbank. I'm guessing there must be some kind of flatter, steady terrain further up the hill where they killed themselves. They may have even been camped for a day or two? Honestly though, when I first heard about the farewell video, I had this vision of them right on the bank of the river but then that just seemed so open and exposed. If I were them I would have wanted to be camped on an overlook, with semi-thick tree cover as not to be spotted and for some protection, but also not so claustrophobic feeling. That's how it appears on the map anyway. I bet they saw/heard boats going up and down the river nonstop.

Attachments

• DiscoverySite (2).jpg
    DiscoverySite (2).jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics