Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were very cunning, in that respect, an operating sense of sequential logic, not usually a part of mental impairment.

They understood, by reasoning and factual input , how to do some actions that would result in other humans concluding a concocted scenario. They were not projecting a fantasy, they were setting a scene, an alibi, a ruse to offset any questions being raised. This is psychopathy, not mental illness.

They absolutely understood the difference between façade and reality, … but fantasy was a chosen route.. it wasn't what overtook them, uncontrollably. They chose fantasy as a relief from boredom.
If they had kept up the facade, got rid of the guns and ammo and headed home or on to pretend to apply for a couple of jobs, then home, without killing LD, they most probably would have got away with it too. MOO

I'm very perplexed by something in the report, which I've seen no mention of in this thread (if I missed it, my apologies).
From the report: "The two bodies were located near a blue van with Alberta plates, which was registered to Lucas Fowler from Beaverlodge, Alberta."

The van was registered to Lucas Fowler. So, what's perplexing me is this; how come the RCMP could not ID him, and had to do the while sketches, etc, thing to ask if anyone recognized them, and were unable to get an ID until they found C's hidden passport?

Thanks for this. I wonder if it was minor stuff or an effort to find the next victim. Whatever it was they managed to make it to Deese. Any vehicle they would have acquired could have caused them mechanical issues so I guess it was worth the risk to leave theirs for another.

ETA:
But of course they had to ditch the truck regardless not knowing if the person they tried to hunt down who got away had reported it or not.. which wasn’t reported until days later unfortunately.
July 16 roadside stop, with hood up, was almost certainly a deception to switch vehicles. They didn't accept help from the traffic control officer, because his vehicle would be quite obvious, and they may have thought he had a handgun too.

They kept going, until next attempt to switch vehicles. That driver is lucky to have noticed the guy with gun, before closing his eyes.

They made up the story of truck trouble during the last call to grandma or whoever, that same night.

I'm very perplexed by something in the report, which I've seen no mention of in this thread (if I missed it, my apologies).
From the report: "The two bodies were located near a blue van with Alberta plates, which was registered to Lucas Fowler from Beaverlodge, Alberta."

The van was registered to Lucas Fowler. So, what's perplexing me is this; how come the RCMP could not ID him, and had to do the while sketches, etc, thing to ask if anyone recognized them, and were unable to get an ID until they found C's hidden passport?
Sketches of Lucas were never released--that was Prof Dyck whose sketch was released.

Yeah, I always thought Kam was the leader as well.

RCMP seems to believe this was in fact a suicide pact, and something is telling them that. I agree that it’s probably the videos.

I think it’s possible that Breyer didn’t want to kill himself, and wanted Kam to do it for him.

Perhaps he was worried about messing up, or there was some other reason.

Maybe KM didn’t trust BS would go through with it so offered to do it.

I wonder if the Cold Lake, AB sighting was partly in doubt because the witness didn’t mention the taped on racing stripes, which should have been right in his face. They bought the tape on the 19th, guy allegedly pulled them out on the 21st..

Were the racing stripes confirmed by the constables who stopped them in Split Lake?

It is embarrassing that they actually, at 18 and 19 left a record of themselves , as their last will and testament, that they were going to find their way to 'Africa or Europe' via Hudsons Bay . Going north up to and around the Arctic circle, on water at the end of summer.

This is stubborn stupidity, not inherited but practiced and honed .

They were intrinsically unteachable. God alone knows how they lasted even 5 weeks at WalMart, what on earth did they get up to on the night shift?

Walmart has, I hope ,checked every shelf. Razor blades inserted into edges of boxes, inner contents exchanged, slits and cuts made in rubber goods, food tampering, ad nauseum..

Last edited:

Knowing who the van is registered to is not enough to ID a person found near it. They found both sets of IDs after obtaining a search warrant.

From the same report: BBM

"The victims did not have any identification and police were unable to determine if the male was the registered owner of the van. On July 15, 2019, a search warrant was sworn to search the van for evidence and the warrant was executed on July 16, 2019. The search continued through July 17, 2019. From the search, police located identification belonging to two individuals: Lucas Robertson Fowler, a 23-year-old Australian citizen and Chynna Noel Deese, a 24-year-old American citizen. "

I'm curious if Bryer was too scared to take his own life but asked Kam to "execute" him? Hackett said it appeared they were trapped, but why would they go down that steep bank for absolutely no reason, no boat, no hope of crossing, then realize they were trapped and say; "Well, may as well do it right here, right now." As @NJSleuth91 had said, they did it close to the river so they would be found. I think they planned to take their lives there, not that they were trapped, exhausted and unable to get back up the embankment. I mean they shaved their bodies for this! That would explain the razor that Billy Beardy said he heard they recovered in the backpack in the water on August 2nd along with the sleeping bag, not Kam's backpack which they found the day before on the 1st of August. Hmm... So that could also help narrow down the time of death.. Definitely before August 1st. <modsnip: removed comment re astrology>

Last edited by a moderator:
From the same report: BBM

"The victims did not have any identification and police were unable to determine if the male was the registered owner of the van. On July 15, 2019, a search warrant was sworn to search the van for evidence and the warrant was executed on July 16, 2019. The search continued through July 17, 2019. From the search, police located identification belonging to two individuals: Lucas Robertson Fowler, a 23-year-old Australian citizen and Chynna Noel Deese, a 24-year-old American citizen. "

I've read that report twice, and somehow didn't see that. Thank you!

I think we can conclude it wasn't because they had a change of heart, the circumstances had to be just right, finding a victim in a remote location and gun them down without hindrance from passerbys/witnesses, those circumstances would have been hard to come by. Also the motivation to kill would be influenced by the mood of one or both of the killers, that would determine when they'd strike. They fit the spree killer criteria, no rhyme or reason, totally unpredictable, add delusional to the list in this case too. jmo
It would have been EASY to find more victims. They knew people stop for vehicles pulled over in remote areas, it already happened to them. All they needed to do was pull over, pop the hood and wave down a vehicle. Someone would stop fairly quickly. Voila, next victim. There is another reason they stopped killing. Despite the police saying they had no remorse, I think they (or one of them) either got a shred of it or just didn’t want to kill anymore.

This is interesting....

At approximately 2:00 p.m., primary investigators became aware of a witness who came forward to a RCMP detachment and provided a statement. The witness knew McLeod and Schmegelsky and believed the boys may have been involved in the murders. This is the first time that police learned that McLeod and Schmegelsky may be capable of the murders which conflicted with original witness statements from family and associates.

From the RCMP report.

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

Someone didn't buy the "good boy" image.

One was 18, one was 19!

These two were so absolutely committed to remaining infantile.

In billions of young men their age right clear across the globe, these young blokes are dragging in cattle, sewing crops, making bricks, construction bridges, laying down rail lines, ( China has a corps of fabulous rail gangers , average age 18 , who live out in the elements and lay rail lines clear across China , up and down and across..

In Argentina, 18 and 19 yr olds are bringing up families, and earning a crust to feed those families.

In Spain, 18 and 19 yr olds are nurturing orchards, and designing buildings, manning tuna boats..

In AU, 18 and 19 yr olds are apprentice plumbers, and electricians, and beginning university, and mustering huge herds of Brahmin cattle, laying roads, crewing racings yachts, shearing sheep, building bridges and highways,...

what the hell did they think the world was on about ?

This is interesting....

From the RCMP report.

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

Someone didn't buy the "good boy" image.
I'm really wondering who that was. (Not that they need to be outed--definitely not. Just curious how they knew them.) Maybe a friend they gamed with or played Airsoft with who had heard them both saying some pretty creepy things? It couldn't have been someone in the immediate family circles because they came forward on their own and apparently hadn't been interviewed over the weekend when the families were. Also someone who knew them both and not just one of them. MOO

Edited to add: But someone they knew well enough to tell that. Not that Bryer was ever discrete in some of his more disturbing habits/statements, but Kam seems to have done a better job of keeping a lid on that side of himself, so I'm thinking someone they both felt comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71