Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
68438_CanadaSuspect_lg.jpg

Suspects movements around Canada

RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

Is the full RCMP report available? Where?

If so, please add to media thread for easy access. I've only seen screenshots as tweeted by Alexis Daish. TIA

Alexis Daish‏Verified account @LexiDaish
The police report contains a frightening account from a witness who pulled over to take a nap on the Alaska Highway and saw a man - believed to be one of the teen fugitives - coming towards his car holding a long gun and in a ‘hunting stance’.@9NewsAUS @TheTodayShow

EFgIH97WwAASM1f.jpg

2:48 PM - 27 Sep 2019

This should make your reading much easier:
RCMP in British Columbia - Overview of Fort Nelson and Dease Lake Homicide Investigation

‘We don’t know’: Families left with questions after RCMP report on northern B.C. murders

With no motive determined in the murders of three people in northern B.C., the families of the victims and suspects say it could be years before several unanswered questions are finally resolved.

RCMP on Friday released their findings in the months-long investigation into the deaths of American Chynna Deese, her Australian boyfriend Lucas Fowler, and Vancouver botany lecturer Leonard Dyck, who were found dead this past July on opposite ends of the province.

Their report concluded definitively that all three victims were killed by Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, and Kam McLeod, 19, who confessed to the murders on video but did not share why they committed the crimes.

[...]

Police said the gun from Cabela’s was later found with the bodies of Schmegelsky and McLeod outside of Gillam, Man., along with the second rifle.

Investigators revealed that rifle’s parts featured different serial numbers of unknown origin — suggesting it was pieced together from different weapons over time.

I was intrigued by K and B going to all the trouble to state the parameters of the disposal of their own remains. Considering they had so much to tell, and so many explanations to give, ( if only they were not psychopaths ) .

(1).. they had deep faith that their remains would be found, in time, enough to recognize them. They seemed to have no worries about bears, birds, bushrats etc.. They believed in their hearts the Mounties would get their men. One way or the other.

(2)They wanted to be cremated. They had cremated a couple of vehicles, quite needlessly and , in the criminal evasion sense quite stupidly, particularly the last burning, tried to cremate one of their victims, so that makes sense, cremation, ,or perhaps , intrinsically, fire itself had significance. Very primitive, a streak back to the cave.

I marked up the Saskatchewan road map again, since they avoided Prince Albert area.

After Meadow Lake, they took extreme northern roads to Flin Flon, with a detour to La Ronge. Those are unkept gravel tracks for ATVs.
image_2019-09-28_20-21.jpg

I assumed that because the RCMP said suicide, for both of them, and not the other label of murder/suicide, that somewhere in those vid clips Bryer unequivocally states he intends to die by either his own or Kam's hand.

In other words, consensual , in a pseudo legal sense.

But I suppose that will play into Al S's narrative, and it will be Kam bullying Bryer, the ultimate act of bullying, Bryer proving once again he was a bullied little fella, by shooting him in the back of the skull. But there it is. .

AS's "mini me". Sad, pathetic, and possibly telling - given AS' history with his ex wife.

But this forum is not a court of law. A court of law is about proving someone is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This forum is about proving which is more probable, them being innocent, or them being guilty. It's a completely different thing.

Given that they were named as suspects, and were on the run in a murdered man's vehicle, and had apparently torched their own vehicle, the odds of them actually turning out to be innocent were extremely remote. Possible, but very, very unlikely. It is difficult for me to see how someone can look at those facts and say, "yeah, I think they're innocent."

I almost feel like there is some kind of disconnect here in terms of terminology. When folks here are talking about whether or not they feel somebody is guilty or innocent, we are not talking about whether they would be found innocent or guilty in a court of law. We are talking about whether or not they are actually guilty. OJ was not found guilty. Does that mean he's not guilty? Well, nobody seems to think so. The general consensus is that he got away with murder.

How can it be a “general consensus” when nobody seems to think he’s not guilty?

Hmmm. Any ideas about the 2nd gun -- investigators said the rifle parts featured different serial numbers of unknown origin...

Who built it-- Kam or Bryer or did they acquire on black market?
RCMP suggests the old rifle was put together by BS, over several years. But there is no concrete evidence, probably because he assembled it secretly.

The hundreds of 1975 vintage bullets were probably taken from a retired hunter or veteran. RCMP will check, in case others have same idea.

(1).. they had deep faith that their remains would be found, in time, enough to recognize them. They seemed to have no worries about bears, birds, bushrats etc.. They believed in their hearts the Mounties would get their men. One way or the other.

SBM

I believe that by dropping some of their possessions along the shoreline, not too far from their bodies, was their thinking (aka deep faith) of a guarantee that they "would" be found. JMO

ETA: Upon further thinking (a dangerous thing for me ;) ) I don't believe that they thought the Mounties would "get their men". I think their final act was one great big F-U to the RCMP that they did NOT get their men ...... they got the "bodies" and could do nothing further to them than just that.

Last edited:
In the report it shows a photo of the two sks guns. On the new one purchased by Kam the bolt carrier is closed. In the photo of the older weapon that was assembled by parts from multiple guns, the carrier is open. Is anyone familiar with the time the photo was taken. By the looks of the older gun, I wonder is it was even fired. If anyone knows, would the photo of the guns be taken just as they found them?

'On July 12, 2019, McLeod and Schmegelsky left their residence in Port Alberni, British Columbia. On the same day, they legally purchased one SKS semi-automatic rifle and a box of 20 rounds of Winchester 7.62 x 39mm ammunition using McLeod’s Possession and Acquisition License at Cabela’s in Nanaimo, BC.'

They left with only one rifle between them. A hurried departure, in that sense. They might have needed to kill before they got to Nanaimo! Maybe someone in PA peeved them off, and for 2 hysterics, like K and B , they gave full throttle to their sense of grievance and entitlement and concluded it was death ride time. Good bye cruel world.

I don't think it ever , not once, crossed their minds to kill themselves before taking out people in the most workable way ( for them ) possible. Just killing themselves, what for? where is the legacy? It just never came up as an alternative. Killing other people, random people, strangers had more significance than killing people they knew. That one is something the professionals will have to work out.

SBM

I believe that by dropping some of their possessions along the shoreline, not too far from their bodies, was their thinking (aka deep faith) of a guarantee that they "would" be found. JMO
oh brilliant!. a sort of Hansel and Gretel effect! well spotted.

oh. that is just awful. awful. I bet that is EXACTLY what the process was.

RCMP took those photos, but the guns were probably cleaned for ballistic tests.

Would the photos have been taken after they were cleaned or before. It doesn't look like it to me. I think there is mud on them. It looks to me that they were taken before, but I didn't know if someone knew if there was a standard procedure for this?

There it is. Mostly foretold. An outline of two of the worlds most moronic murderers. Getting on a boat in Hudsons Bay and going to Europe and/or Africa.... like , as if! They would have been even more unable to cope with the deals life hands out in Africa!

They couldn't handle life in peaceful Port Alberni, two young white males, top of the survival tree, free education, lived all their short useless lives in a war free zone! Fed three meals a day ! Sheltered from the rain and the sun all their lives! clean water , 21 st century medical care, dental care,.... but no, they'd rather be dead, and they'd rather kill.

In Europe they would have been completely at a total loss, they had not a jot of sophistication or intellect between them.

Or perhaps they thought they would have a choice of more victims there, that makes sense. And no rude and disrespectful RCMP forcing them into error after error.

Certainly fits in with Bryers idea of himself as a bit of a Goering reincarnation, striding manfully thru the underpeople, in the end though, he was too weak to kill himself, but killing a woman, no problem. And Kam, killer to the last. How they must have been enjoying themselves.

That they left as soon as they had the weaponry. And they did try it with some other driver, who got away, that was a neat effort.

No remorse, and no apology and no explanation not that any explanation would be worth a crumpet.

And they left no thanks behind for the poor RCMP officers still had to search for their bodies, who had to scrape up their decomposing remains, piece by piece, scrap by scrap , under the summer sun, and the taxpayers of Canada who paid for all this panoply. My respects to the RCMP and the good hard working taxpayers of Canada who all their lives chipped in for this kind of circus two nihilist chose to play.
They couldn't have filled 30 seconds with an outline of their accomplishments in life, words would have dribbled out in 10.

They were the dullest , dreariest murderers this century so far. Predictable, useless, idiotic, self -entitled, repellent and repulsive, from the start to the finish.

Vale ,Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese, Vale Prof. Leonard Dyck. What we know now is how incredibly brave your last moments must have been, alone, dying at the hands of these two aberrations of humanity.
Perfect summary of this brutal saga. I will say, @Trooper, you called this case from the get-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper