CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this feeling as well. I also am not convinced that they were going to Ontario. They could be anywhere in Manitoba or headed North or even back West. Lots of wide open spaces in Northern BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
I've also wondered if they're going to double back west. If I'm following the map and timelines correctly, they already seem to have done that once before after they killed LF and CD before continuing east.

Respectively snipped! Reading the first sentence of your post just prompted a thought: It seems the pair probably want the attention and media exposure, otherwise they wouldn't have torched the truck. It they didn't torch, their names wouldn't even be mentioned, it would've been a total mystery as to who was responsible.

Now I get they torched possibly to rid of evidence, but most of the evidence would be at crime scene more I'd think and if they weren't on the radar they could've ditched that truck anytime after somewhere dead quiet and went unnoticed. Torching that truck got their names on the radar pronto, I almost think on purpose now.

Yes I agree, it seems their intention isn’t really to escape as much as it is to create attention. Even the RAV4 found near Gillam, what’s the point of setting it on fire on a First Nations reserve where flames might be sighted when it could just be pushed off an embankment into the bush, covered with brush and not discovered for weeks?

Just thinking slowly ... did the suspects toss the biologist's body onto the pullout 2 km South of the burning car, but he was deceased somewhere else? I suppose that is the other crime scene associated with the camper truck 50km N of the body?

So what happened ... they came across him somewhere, they killed him, they left his body at the pullout, one drove his vehicle and the other drove the camper truck 2km S to the bridge where they torched their vehicle?

I suppose that means that even though only one had a driver's licence, they both know how to drive.

I'm on another group and a women posted a photo of the RCMPs emergency response team (swat) deployment to Dauphin MB. Dauphin and Gillam are a fair distance apart. Still, though it was worth asking about to see if anyone has heard of a connection. I honestly can't find anything online but have seen the photo personally.

I've also wondered if they're going to double back west. If I'm following the map and timelines correctly, they already seem to have done that once before after they killed LF and CD before continuing east.
I think it would be easier to hide in Western Canada. Lots of lakes, lots of cabins, lots of small towns, lots of farms. It is not uncommon for vehicles and gas to be stolen from farms... cabins may be empty but stocked at this time of year. I guess Northern Ontario would probably have similar areas, but I think once they hit a dead end in Gillam, it may have prompted them to turn back to more familiar areas.

Between all of the stuff you guys listed and the bugs, they're probably at each others throats.

When you have deer fly bites on top of deer fly bites people tend to be a lot less patient, its like the itch you can never scratch.

It eats at your nerves, tempers flare and people rush and make mistakes. Its just going to magnify the effects of everything you guys mentioned

I’m reminded of “Into the Wild”. The ending wasn’t pretty either.
Into the Wild (film) - Wikipedia

I think it would be easier to hide in Western Canada. Lots of lakes, lots of cabins, lots of small towns, lots of farms. It is not uncommon for vehicles and gas to be stolen from farms... cabins may be empty but stocked at this time of year. I guess Northern Ontario would probably have similar areas, but I think once they hit a dead end in Gillam, it may have prompted them to turn back to more familiar areas.

Were the two very familiar with anything other than Vancouver Island? I think it’d been said the two were friends since elementary school. The island’s topography is night and day different compared to northern Canada. I’m certain these two are totally out of any familiar elements and probably why they arrived at Gillam.

I'm sure they will take whatever opportunity they can get, but with one road out and the rcmp guarding it their options are very limited.

They've probably missed any opportunity they had to get out any way except on foot or possibly by boat.

If the trains and busses are still running they'll have armed guards and drivers will be extra vigilant, trains might even have an armed officer on them, either rcmp, cops from the native reserve, or rail cops.

The rcmp is on the highway bringing in an armoured car, and tweeted about a road block. This isn't one of those situations where you see a road block and divert down a side street, there are very few turn offs, short of a very obvious uturn they'd be caught.

Their best option is to try and find somebody's stashed canoe/kayak/row boat and/or walk out on foot. If they're still in gillam its likely only a matter of time before they are caught, they might have had a chance early on but its so slim now

I'm on another group and a women posted a photo of the RCMPs emergency response team (swat) deployment to Dauphin MB. Dauphin and Gillam are a fair distance apart. Still, though it was worth asking about to see if anyone has heard of a connection. I honestly can't find anything online but have seen the photo personally.
Don’t forget there might be another killer in Manitoba as well ...Derek Whisenand.

Ontario has lots of lakes, cabins, small towns, farms and highways. If they made it to Ontario, it's just like BC - fish in a barrel.

Were the two very familiar with anything other than Vancouver Island? I think it’d been said the two were friends since elementary school. The island’s topography is night and day different compared to northern Canada. I’m certain these two are totally out of any familiar elements and probably why they arrived at Gillam.

As a mom of boys similar in age... this is why I would think they would turn back lol I have never been to the island, and I have never been as far north as Gillam. I have been north of Meadow Lake, where they were spotted in Saskatchewan, and that is remote enough for me!

Totally out of their realm! Good on them...

As a mom of boys similar in age... this is why I would think they would turn back lol I have never been to the island, and I have never been as far north as Gillam. I have been north of Meadow Lake, where they were spotted in Saskatchewan, and that is remote enough for me!
The Island is beautiful .... culture shock for them in Northern Manitoba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor