CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be confused with Amtrak, other than Churchill, what destinations can be reached by a catching a train from Gillam? I’m unable to find anything other than Churchill, well-known for polar bear watching tours in the winter.
The train runs from winnipeg through the pas to gillam and then on to churchill, churchill is the end of the line, but there are literally dozens of stops along the way

I'll find you guys a via rail schedule to peruse

Edit
https://m.viarail.ca/sites/all/file...inter2018/46-47_Winnipeg-ThePas-Churchill.pdf

Father of Canadian murder suspect Bryer Schmegelsky says son is on 'suicide mission' after shooting of Lucas Fowler

By Kevin Nguyen
2 hrs ago

In a photo released by the RCMP yesterday, the two were seen leaving a store in northern Saskatchewan. Bryer Schmegelsky was seen wearing green camouflage.

The ABC understands the photo was taken on Sunday, outside a grocer connected to a hardware store in Meadow Lake, about 900 kilometres from Gillam.

Government and travel guides for the wilderness surrounding Gillam describe the region as home to a rugged landscape.

An official survival guide released by Manitoba Search and Rescue recommends to "Always travel with a friend, and stay together".

"Theoretically they could hide in the area," Mr Forman said.

"But the bugs are horrendous here."

South to the trans canada, then east on the trans canada, or else you can to jump a passing train

Well, I asked Google Maps how I’d get to Gillam from California, and it said that it had no idea. (Due to road conditions, etc.) Then I thought I’d make it easier, so I asked how to get to Gillam from Winnipeg. No help from Google. (The same feeble excuse: road conditions.) Does it just not understand Canadian ferries, or is it complicated in a way I don’t understand?

Last edited:

Father of Canadian murder suspect Bryer Schmegelsky says son is on 'suicide mission' after shooting of Lucas Fowler

By Kevin Nguyen
2 hrs ago
The father of one of the teenagers suspected of murdering Australian Lucas Fowler and his girlfriend in Canada says his son is "on a suicide mission" and he expects him to "go out in a blaze of glory".
Bryer Schmegelsky's father, Alan Schmegelsky, told Canadian media his son had a troubled upbringing and he expected him to die in a confrontation with police.

"He's on a suicide mission," Mr Schmegelsky said.

"He wants his hurt to end.

"They're going out in a blaze of glory — trust me on this."

Mr Schmegelsky said he expected his son to be dead by "today or tomorrow".

"Rest in peace, Bryer. I love you. I'm so sorry all this had to happen."

Mr Schmegelsky said he and his wife had separated when their son was five and the boy had filled his time playing video games and watching videos on YouTube.

The teenagers are childhood friends from Port Alberni, on Vancouver Island.
Wow, that broke my heart to read that from the father.

Thanks! Gotta wonder if this was actually verified on the surveillance footage. There hasn’t be much else I can find to narrow it down to a time with LE.

The pair were presumed missing only after their burning truck was discovered the next day, on July 19th. So I don’t think you’re going to find a whole lot about LE confirming their whereabouts the day before, on July 18th. Are you also suggesting the two weren’t responsible for burning their truck and camper, instead were in Brandon, Manitoba on July 19th burning a restaurant? Did LE ever confirm these two were in Brandon on July 19th? I don’t think so but there was a confirmed sighting in Meadow Lake, Sask on July 21st. Why would they head east through Sask to Manitoba by the 19th, then west by the 21st just to shop at the Coop at Meadow Lake, Sask, then head east once again to Manitoba by the 23rd?

The staff member who saw the teens was too shaken to speak to a reporter, but Bunce said the teens arrived in the truck and visited the store for free coffee. She said they were on their own and she doesn’t believe they had a conversation with the employee.

“I don’t think they stood out any more than any other teenage boys who were just on the road,” she said. “We’re a very busy store.”

She said the situation was very frightening for everyone who lives in the remote area.

“As you can imagine, the community is very upset about this,” Bunce said. “It’s very rural — beyond rural. We’re on a highway with no cell service. Most of us don’t have power. So it’s unnerving.”

RCMP were at the store on Tuesday gathering hours of surveillance footage and interviewing staff members....”

B.C. teens charged with second degree murder as Canada-wide manhunt continues

Last edited:
Well, I asked Google Maps how I’d get to Gillam from California, and it said that it had no idea. (Due to road conditions, etc.) Then I thought I’d make it easier, so I asked how to get to Gillam from Winnipeg. No help from Google. Does it just not understand Canadian ferries, or is it complicated in a way I don’t understand?
388C7C24 2C23 4785 94D6 B8526441B12D
^^link to image of map.

Not sure where in California you are but there are no ferries involved. Like I've said in previous messages, getting to gillam using gps is damn near impossible, they likely turned north and did not lnow the road ended in gillam. They were probably trying to avoid the transcanada and winnipeg and take the back roads.

It's not a statement from LE, but a comment on LE's page from public (local sounds like). FYI: The Pas to Gillam is 700K, there's no way they could have travelled that?? Unless LE is coming from behind to surprise them? I don't know the area...

Sure, here's the link in case (post from 10hrs ago, have to sift through comments):
Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Manitoba
The thread reports the armored vehicle is in Thomspon, MB as of 1 hr ago which appears to be near Provincial Trunk Hwy 6 / Rt. 391 intersection.

Google Maps

Well, I asked Google Maps how I’d get to Gillam from California, and it said that it had no idea. (Due to road conditions, etc.) Then I thought I’d make it easier, so I asked how to get to Gillam from Winnipeg. No help from Google. Does it just not understand Canadian ferries, or is it complicated in a way I don’t understand?
I'm guessing Google doesn't want their google car to go that far into the wilderness lol

Right. When they said there was a computer in the burned out truck, I assumed laptop. I assumed wrong.

EASpBxHU8AAE3_L.png:large

That is bizarre.
BS father interview today mentioned that instead of paying his son when he had worked for him (believe he is in construction) that he had bought his son a high end specialty computer.

Perhaps this is the computer he was talking about in the interview and maybe it was used for gaming?

Maybe your google is suggesting you stay home!

Winnipeg to Gillam -

12452BCB-FB1C-43C7-90B5-1199A31ED49E.jpeg

ustralian-chynna-deese-american-murdered-alaska-hwy-bc-jul-2019-2.461347/page-53#post-15262320

When I read this, my heart just ached. A child. A little girl. I don't care what their motivation was for this- how could you kill a child? Sick......

Prayers to the victims and their loved ones and friends. Prayers for all Websleuthers in their path- stay safe and vigilant, please. May there be no more murders and they are caught and behind bars soon.

[bbm]

what???? they murdered a little girl???

I grew up in Port Alberni. It's a small community, the kind where most people have some sort of connection. I'm sure most people aren't talking out of respect for the parents of the teens. Besides the teen girl and old neighbour has spoken to the media, and so has a more recent male friend.

Is Port Alberni a sawmill town?
Pulp and paper?

Thanks. I don’t think a train to Churchill would hold any appeal whatsoever for two wanted teens unless they think they might be able to float away on an iceberg and hide at the North Pole.
Agreed, in which case, trains back southwest every tuesday / thursday /saturday morning, down through thompson to the pas and eventually to winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chipicau