CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it is at least 50-50 possible that the suspects are on their way and may not be apprehended in Northern Manitoba?
They could have taken a train north or south, stolen another car, etc.

The rcmp is dedicating a lot of resources to the area, carting in an armoured vehicle is a big undertaking, they must be pretty certain the suspects are still nearby

Typical small town, little bit of everything whole lot of nothing.

Paper, logging, tourism, fishing, some cottagers and more expensive homes in the surrounding homes, for people from the city who want to get out on weekends and such.

Pulp and paper mills, chemical engineers, save the trees and population explosions. The teens may be realizing the world outside of Port Alberni is better, that murder wasn't necessary to get there.

Agreed, in which case, trains back southwest every tuesday / thursday /saturday morning, down through thompson to the pas and eventually to winnipeg.

The other problem these two would encounter with ViaRail is providing ID. And I just can’t imagine wanted teens risking capture by travelling all the way from BC to northern Manitoba, then taking a train to anywhere. If they wanted to go to Winnipeg why didn’t they just drive there instead of Gillam?

If they didn’t know where they were headed, they fled out of panic without a plan. By now they’re probably broke and have no access to stolen debit or credit cards.

After much consultation with an abacus, a calculator , my pc and pigeon feathers, I figure that the last sighting or knowledge of the general whereabouts of these two was nearly 63 hours ago.

Food running low, ammo gone, perhaps, fuel down, maybe even water for drinking down, maybe mechanical trouble with whatever vehicle they have acquired... about 3.5 hours to a mid Canada summer sunrise..

The tension between these two men must be extreme by now.

Thanks. I don’t think a train to Churchill would hold any appeal whatsoever for two wanted teens unless they think they might be able to float away on an iceberg and hide at the North Pole.

That’s weird. A train to Churchill made itself into my to-do list just 15 minutes ago! (Since driving even as far as Gillam isn’t going to work unless I upgrade my Google Maps. And even the best maps in the world can’t find you a road if there isn’t one.)

No, seriously, what in the world do these two have in mind. It’s the wrong season for an re-enactment of To Build a Fire....

I have a horrible feeling that someone hasn’t been missed yet, and another car stolen. One problem—even if they don’t really split up, assuming that the other one can drive, even if he doesn’t have a license—they can temporarily split up, so that burning the old car can happen quite a distance from where the new car was stolen. That could help confuse the issue.

It gets so bad the moose run into the road to get away from them
This is the worst time too, we had a late thaw so there are still black flies, deer flies are out in force, sand flies are in season, i saw one so far but a tweet i saw earlier from gillam locals said they've been out for 3 weeks up there. Mosquitoes are the least of these kids' worries, and the mosquitoes alone are pretty damn wretched.

That whole area is swamps and evergreens, the bugs love it.

Pulp and paper mills, chemical engineers, save the trees and population explosions. The teens may be realizing the world outside of Port Alberni is better, that murder wasn't necessary to get there.

Highly unionized as well.

Port Alberni mayor says city will rally to support families in need if job action continues
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...rni-bc-mayor-impact-forestry-strike-1.5212058
“We've been a one-industry town for a long time," Mayor Sharie Minions told On The Island host Gregor Craigie.”

The pair were presumed missing only after their burning truck was discovered the next day, on July 19th.

Respectively snipped! Reading the first sentence of your post just prompted a thought: It seems the pair probably want the attention and media exposure, otherwise they wouldn't have torched the truck. It they didn't torch, their names wouldn't even be mentioned, it would've been a total mystery as to who was responsible.

Now I get they torched possibly to rid of evidence, but most of the evidence would be at crime scene more I'd think and if they weren't on the radar they could've ditched that truck anytime after somewhere dead quiet and went unnoticed. Torching that truck got their names on the radar pronto, I almost think on purpose now.

The other problem these two would encounter with ViaRail is providing ID. And I just can’t imagine wanted teens risking capture by travelling all the way from BC to northern Manitoba, then taking a train to anywhere. If they wanted to go to Winnipeg why didn’t they just drive there instead of Gillam?

If they didn’t know where they were headed, they fled out of panic without a plan. By now they’re probably broke and have no access to stolen debit or credit cards.
Some of the trains use the honour system, tickets aren't always checked, but if they do check they're boned basically.

Freight trains are also an option.

I assume they thought staying north, ie away from large population centres and major highways was better. If they got a tip off that the rcmp was looking for the car they were driving that would make sense.

After much consultation with an abacus, a calculator , my pc and pigeon feathers, I figure that the last sighting or knowledge of the general whereabouts of these two was nearly 63 hours ago.

Food running low, ammo gone, perhaps, fuel down, maybe even water for drinking down, maybe mechanical trouble with whatever vehicle they have acquired... about 3.5 hours to a mid Canada summer sunrise..

The tension between these two men must be extreme by now.
Good post! I agree that the murderous joyride they're on is going to seem a lot less fun now that they're being actively sought by law enforcement and are likely running low on resources in a remote area. No matter what they may think about being prepared to rough it in the wild, I don't think they have a lot of experience with it. I live in a rural area that can be hard on folks who think they're going to wander off the beaten path, and I can't even imagine how much worse it would be to attempt in remote northern Canada!

That’s weird. A train to Churchill made itself into my to-do list just 15 minutes ago! (Since driving even as far as Gillam isn’t going to work unless I upgrade my Google Maps. And even the best maps in the world can’t find you a road if there isn’t one.)

No, seriously, what in the world do these two have in mind. It’s the wrong season for an re-enactment of To Build a Fire....

I have a horrible feeling that someone hasn’t been missed yet, and another car stolen. One problem—even if they don’t really split up, assuming that the other one can drive, even if he doesn’t have a license—they can temporarily split up, so that burning the old car can happen quite a distance from where the new car was stolen. That could help confuse the issue.

I have this feeling as well. I also am not convinced that they were going to Ontario. They could be anywhere in Manitoba or headed North or even back West. Lots of wide open spaces in Northern BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

Hate to be picky, but that just looks like a typical desktop. Any components that would differ for computer games can't be told from that photo.

Agreed. I am a hardcore gamer and have a pretty decent rig, but you couldn't tell what my processor and video card etc. are without looking inside the tower, and if it were burnt up? Even harder to tell.

Anyway, this whole unfolding story is morbidly fascinating. And frightening. I truly hope it ends well & they find them without further incidents of violence.

Last edited:
Was there a train on July 21?
Not sure about dates, but if the burned Rav4 was found at 4PM on Monday, was there a train on Monday?
CN in Manitoba - Traingeek - Trains and Photography
https://www.traingeek.ca/wp/trains/canada/manitoba/
Hudson Bay Railway - Traingeek - Trains and Photography

There is a travel advisory in place for departure from Hudson Bay:

VIA Rail strongly recommends that tickets be purchased at least 24 hours before scheduled departure to ensure boarding at this station.

Is this typical for Hudson Bay or is this advisory related to the manhunt?

Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/5...3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d52.8632929!4d-102.3967134

Good post! I agree that the murderous joyride they're on is going to seem a lot less fun now that they're being actively sought by law enforcement and are likely running low on resources in a remote area. No matter what they may think about being prepared to rough it in the wild, I don't think they have a lot of experience with it. I live in a rural area that can be hard on folks who think they're going to wander off the beaten path, and I can't even imagine how much worse it would be to attempt in remote northern Canada!
Between all of the stuff you guys listed and the bugs, they're probably at each others throats.

When you have deer fly bites on top of deer fly bites people tend to be a lot less patient, its like the itch you can never scratch.

It eats at your nerves, tempers flare and people rush and make mistakes. Its just going to magnify the effects of everything you guys mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae