CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that BC Courts have placed a publication ban on the boys' future court records as of today. So once their hearings are in motion, we won't be able to see the outcome online. I'm sure, however, the media will follow closely (should they make it to that stage).

Link please? If possible.
I still hang in with the premise that this partnership between Kam and Bryer is a sort of marriage. A very deep commitment, not only to each other but committed to some vision, some bucket list of the mind, something that has elevated both of them into a third powerful entity, invincible, unaccountable and irredeemable, in their eyes. It has a life of it's own, this commitment, unless one of them is already dead, unknown to us. Dead by his own hand, or by the other.

It is difficult to pin down the primary motivation of this 'adventure'. The Killing of travelers? the travel itself? the thefts? the fires?.. Killing the two travelers first off was one hell of a mighty risk, and one of those things that cannot be imagined beforehand, unless it was Mr Dyck who was first, but there didn't seem to be much time between the killings, but there WAS a gap, no doubt, and a move to another location, which underlines the commitment to the vision they hold. They had time to appraise what they had done and they did, and decided it was a fine thing and continued on to the next event.

I believe the killing was the prime mover in getting them out of Port Alberni, as a motivation and as a vision of themselves as roaming , invisible killers, of no particular target in mind except ease of victimizing. That is, I don't think they were searching for a couple, or a single bloke or a bus load of tourists... it was purely a chance thing, a 'karma' thing.

As they probably see their own death. As a chance thing, a thing already settled.

Matt Logan, the forensic psychologist interviewed on CBC-TV today, said this was thrill killing, in his opinion. He said Bryer's father had good insights into his son. He touched on psychopathy. He also said that thrill killers are driven by an urge to kill someone. And he said that these people have a feeling of powerlessness at an early age and want revenge.

I wish CBC would post the interview on their website.

Yes, after a second listen I misheard the father. He says with about 1:05 left of the video he heard in the paper they were up in the Yukon. Not that they had left the Yukon.

I had no idea they had gone that far North and that it was public knowledge.

Teens charged with 2nd-degree murder of Vancouver man in northern B.C.

I’ve noticed nothing that’s been said, if they ever actually made it to Whitehorse, Yukon and were then unsuccessful in finding work, or whether that was just the story they told some of the family members. But that indeed was how it was reported in the media, the pair reportedly going to Whitehorse job hunting and then heading back home, when the burned truck was first discovered.

It’s also possible the truck and camper was provided to them by a family member on the false hope they were sincere about job hunting which was never their intention at all .....but purely my speculation.

I notice that BC Courts have placed a publication ban on the boys' future court records as of today. So once their hearings are in motion, we won't be able to see the outcome online. I'm sure, however, the media will follow closely (should they make it to that stage).
Now that they have been charged, we will get very little information, even less than before they were charged.

Dease Lake murder victim identified as Vancouver's Leonard Dyck

In a statement, the RCMP said Leonard Dyck was found dead on Friday at a highway pullout about 2 kilometres south of the vehicle fire south of Stikine River Bridge on Highway 37.

McLeod and Schmegelsky have been charged with second-degree murder in Dyck's death.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated as more information becomes available.
My guess would be second degree because they. ran him down as he was trying to stop them from taking his vehicle? I feel if he was shot like the first victims it would be first degree. Again I am only guessing as I do not know the cause of death.

Regardless of what BS and KM have done, they, and they alone, are responsible. This website is and has always been a victim-friendly site, and that courtesy is extended to the innocent family members of suspects. Surely we can lay off them and let them process what is happening without adding to their grief and pain. JMO

I think it's more than safe to lay the motive of robbery to rest.

What want would two young men with jobs at Walmart, not great jobs but jobs nonetheless, have of going out into the world which opens them up to monetary, emotional and physical instability?

If it's money and things you seek you don't head out on Northern back roads in a gas-guzzling camper setup in hopes of finding money and things only to rip off and murder two young people in a 33 year old van.

I think these two wanted to murder and planned a trip to fulfill their desires telling family a bogus story about finding work.

Maybe the Yukon didn't pan out because there were no easy opportunities to kill. So with dwindling time, money, and gas, they head back south towards civilization. Albeit sparse.

My guess would be second degree because they. ran him down as he was trying to stop them from taking his vehicle? I feel if he was shot like the first victims it would be first degree. Again I am only guessing as I do not know the cause of death.
No, first degree involves planning. Second degree is more spontaneous like deaths that occur from what started as an argument

editing to add this link that describes it better than I can: What is the difference between first degree murder and second degree murder?

First degree murder is a planned, deliberate murder, the murder of a police officer or murder in the course of a sexual assault. All other murders are second degree. Their charges could still be upgraded, it's just that the burden of proof is lower for LE to lay the second degree charge. E.g., they get into an argument with Mr. Dyck and didn't plan to kill him but did in the heat of the moment. If they find that the two approached the victim with the intent to kill beforehand, even if the idea was formed minutes before, it's first degree.

I think it's more than safe to lay the motive of robbery to rest.

What want would two young men with jobs at Walmart, not great jobs but jobs nonetheless, have of going out into the world which opens them up to monetary, emotional and physical instability?

If it's money and things you seek you don't head out on Northern back roads in a gas-guzzling camper setup in hopes of finding money and things only to rip off and murder two young people in a 33 year old van.

I think these two wanted to murder and planned a trip to fulfill their desires telling family a bogus story about finding work.

Maybe the Yukon didn't pan out because there were no easy opportunities to kill. So with dwindling time, money, and gas, they head back south towards civilization. Albeit sparse.

It is reasonable to assume that murder was the motivator, the side benefits of murder being a bit of larceny, robbery, perhaps some sexual aspect, re Miss Deese, voyeur-related, ( the incel aspect perhaps a profound part of that ) firesetting, ( this is very much a part of the trademark of serial killings, and it wont be a surprise if it comes to light they both were bedwetters up till an advanced age, 10 - 12 , another signifier ) .

The yarn about work was nifty, who can object to two young men going off to find work? . One can hardly say one is off to kill folks.

Is their own death part of the plan? I don't think they have saved the last two bullets for each other. I believe as long as the maximum amount of carnage , damage, wreck , ruin , destruction , death and despair can be activated, that's the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member