CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't really following this case intensely until they started talking about how they're moving eastward, made it already to Manitoba, and now the father of one of the boys was selling out his son as wanting to go out in a 'blaze of glory'. All strange that they are already 'charged' but what evidence do they have? What was the significance of the vehicle that was found burned out in Manitoba? I will have to scroll through all the comments here, but as far as I can tell, it wasn't tied to any of their victims, so where did they get it? And they've been ghosts since around the time they were reported missing, but they do have a social media presence. You'd think that they would write something somewhere, even send a note to a friend or family to say they were okay. Or brag about what they've done.
How were they connected to the couple that was murdered? Was their surveillance footage of them interacting? I remember that someone claimed they saw a bearded man in the middle of the road confronting the couple about something, not sure if that was Kam McLeod or deceased Leonard Dyck.
I thought the burned out Rav 4 belonged to Leonard Dyck ?

If this is correct, on Tuesday the RCMP learned of the sighting at the gas station which occurred the day before. Then shortly after that, Tuesday, same day, the car was reported burning. So it appears the RCMP were aware the suspects were in or around Gillam while they were still there. Which presumably could be the reason the RCMP continue to focus on Gillam and area.

BBM

“They both stopped in, and they came to my till and he just asked to gas up $20,” Keeper said. “And that Bryer guy, he asked me ‘Is alcohol allowed here in the community?’ because there’s a big sign at the truck stop there, ‘No bootleggers or drug dealers,’ he was asking about that. I said ‘No, it’s not allowed here because it’s a dry community.’ That’s it. They paid for their gas and they left.”

She said they didn’t seem suspicious and added it wasn’t until Tuesday, when Schmegelsky and McLeod were named suspects in the deaths of two tourists and an unidentified man in northern B.C., that she realized she’d had a brush with accused killers.

“After I realized that it was them, I felt really scared,” Keeper said......

.....“A burned-out vehicle was later found near Gillam, on the territory of the Fox Lake Cree Nation, shortly after Mounties in Manitoba reported a possible sighting of the pair. At the press conference on Wednesday afternoon, Courchaine confirmed it was the RAV 4 McLeod and Schmegelsky had been travelling in. Officers recovered the vehicle after receiving reports of a car on fire near the reserve...”
Manitoba RCMP finds burned vehicle of men wanted in connection with three northern B.C. deaths

$20 at more than $1.25/liter, that's not going to get them far. Seems odd they would just put that little amount of gas in for a long run.

There has been discussion of them heading to a big city, but I don't think these two are interested in heading toward an urban area. I think they will stay rural.

I think they are likely disconnected to anything going on outside of their own interest, but I am concerned about tourist areas/big events. Those places would be a good place to steal food, supplies, vehicle and perhaps inflict more harm.

I hope today is the day they are found.

jmopinion

There has been discussion of them heading to a big city, but I don't think these two are interested in heading toward an urban area. I think they will stay rural.

I think they are likely disconnected to anything going on outside of their own interest, but I am concerned about tourist areas/big events. Those places would be a good place to steal food, supplies, vehicle and perhaps inflict more harm.

jmopinion

They won't go into a big city. Too many cameras, you'll be easier to spot with the facial recognition software. Even going to gas stations now can be tricky since they've been marked as suspects. They'd have to siphon gas from random vehicles if anything, to top up now.

jmopinion

I agree on both counts. I worry they will make their way to a more populated city to inflict more harm but at the same time, I believe they wont. The entire country is on the lookout and it's easier to get away unnoticed in the bush

I agree with those that think the 24 hrs. headstart they had to get out of Gillam area is
reason why our US national news quoted RMCP on Tuesday evening. "they could be
anywhere in Canada."
Unless we're not being told of new sightings,
it doesn't seem LE really knows at this time.
My only problem with this is that fatigue must be becoming an issue. Thes guys have been logging a lot of miles. Apparently Schmegelsky doesn't even drive, although he could be learning, so McLeod is likely doing the majority of driving. I believe it is possible that the pair may have possibly killed someone in Gillam and commandeered their home for some much needed rest. However, I'm leaning away from this theory as I don't think they would have lit up the RAV4 like a signal flair if they had planned to stay locally.

I'm thinking they were able to ID him through the VIN on the burned vehicle in Gillam, but that is speculation, not fact.

jmo

Heard on the CBC again that it was their vehicle. Now whether they're talking possession in the sense of actual ownership or possession in a sense of a vehicle they were known to be travelling in, who knows.

They won't go into a big city. Too many cameras, you'll be easier to spot with the facial recognition software. Even going to gas stations now can be tricky since they've been marked as suspects. They'd have to siphon gas from random vehicles if anything, to top up now.
True, but I just don't think these two WANT to be in a city. I think they like the survivalist theme, rural, off the grid, screw society, etc.

jmo

Cameras are everywhere. The reason they will go to a city is to simply blend in to a large population. The pair are either on a suicide run or they are coming up with a long term plan to elude police. Seems like if it was a suicide run, they's be causing a little more havoc than they have. I their plan is to elude, they have to get off the grid and lay low for a few months, then try to leave the country.

Heard on the CBC again that it was their vehicle. Now whether they're talking possession in the sense of actual ownership or possession in a sense of a vehicle they were known to be travelling in, who knows.
The Rav4 was connected to them in the sense that they had been driving it. Their own vehicle was the truck with the camper, which they also burned.

jmo

I'm currently posted to Ottawa. Living here in Arnprior as it's half way between Ottawa/Petawawa. Let's hubby and I live together in the same house (he's also with the Army but is an Armoured guy).

We are officially on vacation - for three weeks. And the Emergency Broadcast that went out here a while ago woke me. I thought it might have to do with these two, but it's an Amber Alert.
@Vern. Is the Amber Alert related to someone the 2 perps might have taken/kidnapped or killed and that person is missing?

With no new sighted reporting of these two a couple of things may be going on.

1. Extreme fatigue has set in and they have found themselves a hunting cabin where they are hunkered down trying to figure out their next move. The need rest and some physical comfort. They probably have found some canned goods and are staying put for a bit.

or...

2. They made it out and are in Ontario somewhere.

I favour #1 as we have no gas station sightings and no new vehicle sightings. Yup, I think they're still in the Gillam area.

MOO

With no new sighted reporting of these two a couple of things may be going on.

1. Extreme fatigue has set in and they have found themselves a hunting cabin where they are hunkered down trying to figure out their next move. The need rest and some physical comfort. They probably have found some canned goods and are staying put for a bit.

or...

2. They made it out and are in Ontario somewhere.

I favour #1 as we have no gas station sightings and no new vehicle sightings. Yup, I think they're still in the Gillam area.

MOO

Word from the news is the police are still heavily searching around there too.

I wouldn't count on them getting tired though, at that age, and being amped up I would think they could go on for a while with very little sleep.

I think dogs are going to be the ones who help find them if they are on foot.

By road, Logan Lake is more than 100 kilometres away from Spences Bridge. Police say there was no indication of foul play at the location where the Jeep was found, but the vehicle has been transported to Kamloops for further examination.

Provencher and Scurr were last seen in Surrey in the vicinity of 23A Avenue and 163 Street.

After the Jeep was discovered, a search and rescue team, police dogs and a helicopter were dispatched to conduct a search. Investigators say they don't believe the men are missing in the wooded area where the Jeep was found.

this is about the other two missing guys, but WTF they took their car.. how will they travel back then from this remote area? they probably don't even know someone is looking for them lol
I just updated with an article about these 2 on their thread. Their families say they both had young children and were preparing to go on vacation. Even though it seems both individuals had run ins with LE and 1 appeared involved with area gangs, the family don't believe they would disappear right when they were getting ready for vacation. Very odd timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99