CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a map depicting last sighting at petrol stop (Split Lake), and Fox Lake where burnt Rav4 located?

Alexis Daish‏Verified account @LexiDaish
Manitoba police are operating a checkpoint 24/7 between Gillam - where the teen fugitives were last seen - and Fox Lake where their car was found burnt out. They’re stopping every driver, checking inside cars and asking why they’re here.@9NewsAUS @TheTodayShow

EAWGmuPWwAAisKd.jpg

EAWGmt8WwAYFQ2l.jpg

12:42 PM - 25 Jul 2019

ETA: Split Lake

Last edited:
I hear Alberta insurance is cheaper than BC insurance. So some people in BC have a mail box addresd in Alberta so that they could have cheaper Alberta Insurance on their vehicle.
But I did read ... sorry I can't find the article... but I did read that the van vehicle was not insured or registered. They had a hard time running the plate and tracing it back to Lucas and Chynna. A reason why it took so long for the cops to identify them.
That's true in Saskatchewan. Lots of people in Alberta have their insurance in saskatchewan and list families address or something because it saves them money.

I went looking around the twitter account of the man (a trucker) who mentioned seeing a hitchhiker on 391 just before 280 at 11:45 pm Monday.

He mentioned being nervous (for others) because when you turn onto 280 there's a 24/7 scale for truckers and he didn't like the idea of these guys "popping out".

Was there not also mention of a trucker possibly picking up these guys? Or hitchhikers in that area at least? A scale would be a good place for these creeps to force someone into giving them a ride.

Apologies. I was actually responding to someone who made the initial comment. And mostly in regards to the French.

LOL, no worries and no apology needed! I always laugh when I hear Canadians stereotyped as sounding like Bob and Doug and the whole "aboooot" thing! Most people don't sound like that at all, but for some reason that particular manner of speaking was picked up upon and exaggerated.

I have a feeling that Bryer and Kam are still in N. Manitoba, and I agree that it would be very difficult for them to escape the area. I live in Winnipeg, so certainly no expert on Northern Manitoba, but I have been up there on occasion. It would be nearly impossible for anyone to get very far on foot. My feeling is that they're holed up somewhere in the area and that it's just a matter of time before they're found. Hopefully sooner than later.

They have got to be getting low on cash about now.

They know not to use any of the stolen cards. Not to use their cell phones. If they have a vehicle, they are having to pay cash to fill up, which in most small places means you have to go to the cashier's and be on CCTV.

It's only a matter of time.... RCMP can wait them out
I think that once the reports came out late on Sunday that police were looking for them, that a dead body had been found near their burned-out truck, and that they had been last 'seen' at the general store in Dease Lake the day before, it's possible their strategy changed. Maybe they realized every time they stopped for gas and food, someone might recognize them and call police. That might have been the point where they decided to escape into wilderness.

I disagree with BS's father, I don't think they're looking for a police confrontation, I think their actions all speak to fear of being confronted by anyone who could challenge them. Their 3 victims were all 'couldn't hurt a fly' types.

There’s probably infrared cameras on the drones they’re using. You’d think they would’ve seen something by now if they’re in the bush. Infrared is pretty telling
Infrared would also pick up all the deer, moose, coyotes, wolves and all the other animals out there in the bush. And there would be a plenty of them.

I thought about that. That means they would likely have had to acquire one vehicle without incident, (we would have heard about it by now) then travel separately.

They know they're stronger together than they are separated. I doubt they would split up.

It would be interesting to know if BS even knows how to drive. It has been stated that he didn't have a drivers license but he may still know how to drive.

I think that once the reports came out late on Sunday that police were looking for them, that a dead body had been found near their burned-out truck, and that they had been last 'seen' at the general store in Dease Lake the day before, it's possible their strategy changed. Maybe they realized every time they stopped for gas and food, someone might recognize them and call police. That might have been the point where they decided to escape into wilderness.

I disagree with BS's father, I don't think they're looking for a police confrontation, I think their actions all speak to fear of being confronted by anyone who could challenge them. Their 3 victims were all 'couldn't hurt a fly' types.
I also think they might not have a lot of ammo. They might be out (or I really really hope).

all search and rescue drones have FLIR built in yes

JMO
I believe the FLIR and thermal based search cameras work best at nightime because a living warm subject will light up on the screen much better at night. So anyone near the search areas should plan to see nightime aerial searches being done using drones, helicoptors, or planes searching with their thermal based cameras at night.

Father of one suspect says he will go out "in a blaze of glory"

The family separated when Bryer was 5. He lived with his mom, met McLeod in elementary school, became "inseparable friends". He had some problems and moved in with his father at age 16 (briefly) and then in with his grandmother.

Father of suspect in 3 B.C. deaths expects son will go out in 'blaze of glory'
7/24/2019

Alan Schmegelsky said he expects his son will die in a confrontation with police.

“He’s on a suicide mission. He wants his pain to end,” he said, breaking down into tears. “Basically, he’s going to be dead today or tomorrow. I know that. Rest in peace, Bryer. I love you. I’m so sorry all this had to happen.”

Even if his son is caught, his life will be over, the father said.

“He wants his hurt to end. They’re going to go out in a blaze of glory. Trust me on this. That’s what they’re going to do.”

“He hasn’t been nurtured. He doesn’t have a driver’s licence. He never learned to ride a bike. He craved love and affection,” he said. “His influences haven’t been good. His influences have been YouTube and video games.”

He loved strategy and battle video games in particular, Schmegelsky said, and two years ago his son asked for an airsoft gun for Christmas. Schmegelsky bought it for him and the teen and his friends would “battle” each other in the woods, he said.

Schmegelsky said his son doesn’t own any real guns and doesn’t know how to drive.

Extra officers have been brought in for a search focused about 70 kilometres northwest of the town near Fox Lake Cree Nation, where Chief Walter Spence has said police would be patrolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor