CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a hard time believing the entire camper and every part of it melted to nothing... there doesn't even appear to be remnants of it at all on the back of the burned truck, not even melted bits. I take LE's word for it though, they know more than we do. They probably removed metal parts of the camper to investigate prior to the pics being taken.
There are photos there of stuff strewn across a tarp that they're examining.

I don’t anticipate that we’ll learn much from this upcoming presser, but you never know.

It’s important to keep the public engaged, and these guys in the news.

I haven't heard anything about Len being shot. They say he was killed and the two young men are responsible and they've been charged with second-degree murder for his death. But I have not heard any information that he was shot.

Someone posted the source link this morning. CBC I believe.

I think there are many rumours going around.
I’m giving credence to the rumor that they hitched a ride into Gillam itself.

It’s a small town, and it appears that multiple people told the reporter about that alleged encounter.

It explains the continued heavy police presence there as well.

David Snow, the "Cottage Killer", or "House Hermit" did a similar thing in Ontario's cottage country.

ETA: Snow fled in the opposite direction to this duo, and was found in a makeshift camp in a wooded area near North Vancouver, with live kidnapping victims.

Its so interesting you mentioned this case! They had a press conference today about 4 seniors killed in cottage country years ago, and I couldn't help but wonder if it was stinky snow. I didn't get a chance to watch it so not sure what was said.

Still haven't been caught ??
Where are they ???

RCMP investigating photos of B.C. murder suspects, Nazi paraphernalia

Above news article mentions that Churchill, MB is also under alert.

If they managed to hop on a train on July 22, after burning the car, they could be in Churchill. Their port gets occasional supply ships in the summer.

I suggested earlier that RCMP should search all work camps and hydroelectric generation facilities in Gillam area, starting with the camp near Bird Reserve.

If they managed to hop on a Thompson bound train, they could be anywhere!

We need list of all trains passing through Gillam since July 21 afternoon. When I checked on July 22, next passenger train was Aug 1.

I’m giving credence to the rumor that they hitched a ride into Gillam itself.

It’s a small town, and it appears that multiple people told the reporter about that alleged encounter.

It explains the continued heavy police presence there as well.
Lol heavy presence as a result of finding the burnt out car that the suspects were driving and suspicion they are still in the area.

Making some assumptions based on their ages:
  • They’ll know their phones would be tracked and any known victim phones as well so they would not have brought them past the truck fire.
  • I can’t see how they could know their way around on these sparse Northern roads without their phones and I think they ended up stuck in Gillam because they were avoiding populated areas and didn’t realize there way no way out.
  • Up until this point they had been travelling across country quite quickly, probably taking turns driving/sleeping so unless that was the planned destination I don’t see why they would just stop there? It would be easiest to just get another vehicle and backtrack till they’re somewhere with better access.
  • If that’s the case I think they’d want a cell phone really bad (plus I imagine they want to hear/read all about themselves and aren’t about to pop into an internet cafe) so unfortunately I think they’ve already killed someone else for their phone and car. If they were to respond to any texts it could be that no one has even realized someone else is missing…

Last edited:
Thanks. Thats pretty much what I expected.

So if those two get into any of those Crown lands then its a little more difficult for the public to immediately know they should not be there.

The good news is big game seasons do not start until around September so unless people are hiking or camping there should not be a lot of regular hunters out yet.

Below I found the dates for big game season in Saskatchewan for example. Most other provinces are probably similar and starting more towards fall for big game season.

"What are the season dates for hunting big game and birds in Saskatchewan?

The season dates shown below are an approximate guideline only and vary within certain areas of the province. For exact dates, as well as licence and certificate fees, please view the latest Hunters' and Trappers' Guide.

White-tailed deer – September to December

Moose – October to December

Black bear – April to June/ September to October"

Hunting in Canada | Tourism Saskatchewan

Hunting is in the fall. Except for locals, someone who wants to go hunting up there will go to a private lodge or an outfitter. There are no roads. You get in and out by floatplane. There are lakes everywhere.

I’ve been to Gillam and a couple of the nearby communities, including one that can only be reached by plane. I stand to be corrected, but I’d be very surprised if there are a whole lot of outsiders who go there to hunt. There are northern communities like Cranberry Portage and The Pas where it’s just easier. That said, Mr. Sawchuk, interviewed in the video in post #9, is an area outfitter. There are almost certainly outfitters in Churchill, but realise that you are now at Hudson Bay and polar bear country.

I can’t stress enough how big this area is. It’s not like you’re going to go out hunting and run into strangers “on the trail” :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Link please
Sarah MacDonald on Twitter
"@rcmpmb will be updating the public on their search for the murder suspects in two hours."
Laura McQuillan on Twitter
"Manitoba RCMP will give an update on the manhunt for BC homicides suspects Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky at 3pm CT (4pm ET)."

There is no live link set up yet that I have found. Will update closer to the start time if someone else hasn't already.

I also have a hard time believing the entire camper and every part of it melted to nothing... there doesn't even appear to be remnants of it at all on the back of the burned truck, not even melted bits. I take LE's word for it though, they know more than we do. They probably removed metal parts of the camper to investigate prior to the pics being taken.
I can see the camper melting off. Old campers used to be made out of steel and wood but the new ones are mostly fiberglass. That way it's light for people to travel with. They also on the tarp next to it had images of a computer and a sink and what looked like to be a stove or furnace. Also what's really weird is the top of the truck... The roof was caved in. It looks like the truck rolled and caved in the top. However the truck at the burn site is upright. The burning camper wouldn't have crushed the roof because again it's made it a fiberglass and light. Can't figure out how the roof was smashed in??

Hunting is in the fall. Except for locals, someone who wants to go hunting up there will go to a private lodge or an outfitter. There are no roads. You get in and out by floatplane. There are a lot of lakes.

I’ve been to Gillam and a couple of the nearby communities, including one that can only be reached by plane. I stand to be corrected, but I’d be very surprised if there are a whole lot of outsiders who go there to hunt. There are northern communities like Cranberry Portage and The Pas where it’s just easier. That said, Mr. Sawchuk, interviewed in the video in post #9, is an area outfitter. There may also be outfitters out of Churchill.
Hunting for the Aboriginals all year round on crown land as well.

Making some assumptions based on their ages:
  • They’ll know their phones would be tracked and any known victim phones as well so they would not have brought them past the truck fire.
  • I can’t see how they could know their way around on these spare Northern roads without their phones and I think they ended up stuck in Gillam because they were avoiding populated areas and didn’t realize there way no way out.
  • Up until this point they had been travelling across country quite quickly, probably taking turns driving/sleeping so unless that was the planned destination I don’t see why they would just stop here? It would be easiest to just get another vehicle and backtrack till they’re somewhere with better access.
  • If that’s the case I think they’d want a cell phone really bad (plus I imagine they want to hear/read all about themselves and aren’t about to pop into an internet cafe) so unfortunately I think they’ve already killed someone else for their phone and car. If they were to respond to any texts it could be that no one has even realized someone else is missing…
I don't think there is reliable cell phone service up there. They are on their own.
Locals can confirm.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members