CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is alot of people that hunt in northern Manitoba therefore alot of guns. They are not in friendly BC anymore. Pretty tough folks up there that are used to dealing their own justice. Not a good place for 2 white guys up there. I am first nation from northern Manitoba.

I’m reminded of David Sweat and Richard Matt, who escaped from Clinton Correctional in New York back in June of 2016.

They spent nearly 3 weeks in the densely forested woods of upstate New York.

They broke in to several cabins, and had to deal with the unforgiving elements (the mosquitoes drove them crazy).
Yes, I forgot about them. I do think these two will be on the move from place to place.

jmo

There is alot of people that hunt in northern Manitoba therefore alot of guns. They are not in friendly BC anymore. Pretty tough folks up there that are used to dealing their own justice. Not a good place for 2 white guys up there. I am first nation from northern Manitoba.
Good points! They are going to get theirs one way or another. Karma!

This would explain the intense focus on that particular area. Still only a rumor at this point though.

People in town are saying an area resident picked up McLeod and Schmegelsky around Provincial Road 280 and brought them into town, but that has not been confirmed by police.

Meanwhile, bars, restaurants and liquor stores are closing early so no one works alone in the dark.

“Everybody’s being extra cautious,” Catalano said.

Some Manitobans are ‘sleeping with their guns close’ during RCMP manhunt for accused killers | The Star

On twitter and FB someone reported finding two backpacks near the weir to the RCMP; when they went to investigate, the backpacks were gone. Weir = dam; there is a dam across the Nelson river at the far northeast end of Gillam.

Last edited:
This would explain the intense focus on that particular area. Still only a rumor at this point though.

People in town are saying an area resident picked up McLeod and Schmegelsky around Provincial Road 280 and brought them into town, but that has not been confirmed by police.

Meanwhile, bars, restaurants and liquor stores are closing early so no one works alone in the dark.

“Everybody’s being extra cautious,” Catalano said.

Some Manitobans are ‘sleeping with their guns close’ during RCMP manhunt for accused killers | The Star

Town as in Gillam or..?

Town as in Gillam or..?
Yes.

Residents of a small northern Manitoba town are on edge as RCMP search for two young accused killers.

Mounties have been stationed in the area of Gillam, Man., since they found a burned-out RAV4 on Wednesday. RCMP said Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky, wanted in connection to three deaths in northern B.C., were seen driving a grey 2011 Toyota RAV4 on Sunday in Meadow Lake, Sask.

“Everybody in the community is, I guess I wouldn’t say paranoid ... nervous, scared,” said Mario Catalano, who manages a local fuel service company. “I’ve heard people are sleeping with their guns close.”

Catalano said there is a big police presence in the town of fewer than 1,300 people.

There was a secondary site north of the burned camper?

In British Columbia:
1. There was the site where the couple CD LF were murdered.
2. There was the site where the truck and camper were burnt out.
3. There was the site that the older gentleman LD was found dead at the rest stop.
4. Then the fourth site was approximately 50 km north of where the older man LD was found dead.

- I haven't heard any news or information about what and why the 4th site is about.

Last edited:
It could also be a precaution as they don't know how many weapons they currently, or ever had.

JMO
I suspect the wounds to the victims (or bullets inside victims) have already been determined to be from the same weapon is my guess and that could be why RCMP knows they are armed and dangerous.

This is very dangerous situation for ANYONE living close to the areas or the area where they likely could head.

When people on the run resort to murder and are still on the run.....that is the most dangerous times for anyone that would come into contact with them. Because they have nothing more to lose at this point other than their freedom.
They will likely kill again if they need to for shelter, money, cars, food, other weapons, etc. Anything they need they will consider killing for it now.

Lock all doors and if you see any strangers that even remotely could be one or both of them then please call LE immediately to have them check it out. And if I were home inside locked doors and windows I would also get some sort of weapon near me just in case they break in a window to come inside.

I’m reminded of David Sweat and Richard Matt, who escaped from Clinton Correctional in New York back in June of 2016.

They spent nearly 3 weeks in the densely forested woods of upstate New York.

They broke in to several cabins, and had to deal with the unforgiving elements (the mosquitoes drove them crazy).

David Snow, the "Cottage Killer", or "House Hermit" did a similar thing in Ontario's cottage country.

ETA: Snow fled in the opposite direction to this duo, and was found in a makeshift camp in a wooded area near North Vancouver, with live kidnapping victims.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think RCMP began looking at it a day or two later:

Northern B.C. deaths: Investigators probing 3 scenes near Dease Lake
From your link:
"The RCMP has also expanded its efforts to a third location much closer to the town of Dease Lake itself. That scene is also on the side of the highway, but it's unclear what's behind the police tape there."

I speculate that possibly the pair dumped the camper shell before burning the truck, because they didn't want the truck to be recognized as having been on the Alaska Highway. If police found the camper, they'd be doing forensics on it and the bush around it.

From your link:
"The RCMP has also expanded its efforts to a third location much closer to the town of Dease Lake itself. That scene is also on the side of the highway, but it's unclear what's behind the police tape there."

I speculate that possibly the pair dumped the camper shell before burning the truck, because they didn't want the truck to be recognized as having been on the Alaska Highway. If police found the camper, they'd be doing forensics on it and the bush around it.

There was a story posted earlier the shell was melted into the truck

From your link:

I speculat that possibly the pair dumped the camper shell before burning the truck, because they didn't want the truck to be recognized as having been on the Alaska Highway. If police found the camper, they'd be doing forensics on it and the bush around it.
except that the camper burned. Sarah MacDonald on Twitter

"To answer questions regarding the above photos of the active scene, with the burnt truck that was driven by #Schmegelsky and McLeod: we're told by @BCRCMP the truck's fibreglass camper melted in the fire. The structure on the left was built by arson investigators."

except that the camper burned. Sarah MacDonald on Twitter

"To answer questions regarding the above photos of the active scene, with the burnt truck that was driven by #Schmegelsky and McLeod: we're told by @BCRCMP the truck's fibreglass camper melted in the fire. The structure on the left was built by arson investigators."
Thanks, missed that news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members