CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BearCatSafari,

Now you have me thinking that in their haste to burn their own truck, one of these two might have left the weapon behind, set it down and forgot, and that is why the trail of bodies has stopped.

That's a good theory. It came with the identification of LD that they were formally charged. Perhaps they left the murder weapon in the Rav4 or camper truck?

More likely the gun was found in the Rav4 as according to OZ media LD was found shot.

So did they trace the VIN back to LD and find the murder weapon inside? *Speculation*

Third Canada highway victim identified

Last edited:
Strange the abducted driver sat in their car after arriving and the two in the other car knew to pull in behind it. What are the odds they that quickly happened to notice someone sitting in their car. Almost sounds planned.

Anyways, sorry, a little off topic. That's all I'll say about that.

On many occasion in a parking lot I see someone pull into a parking space and just sit there or rummage through bags or text on their phone before backing out....and it is usually when I am waiting for that parking space lol

Just a crazy idea... If they did somehow manage to elude the police up there then found a car to steal or hijack 1, could 1 of them maybe BS be posing as a woman? I said before in a post he looked a bit like a girl. Just thinking out loud

The circumstances would be enough to charge them, I would think. They don't have to prove it to charge them.
Most definitely! I'm not sure what the standard of evidence is for a judge or jp to issue a warrant for arrest and of course, whatever it was could be rendered useless following a possible arrest and interviews/evidence processing, etc.

We don't know what evidence the RCMP have...it could be something as simple as a dropped ID at the scene, which happens more frequently than many would think (Any Sask. WS members remember Colin Thatcher?).

I used to work for a civilian agency that was once a part of the RCMP, and we often would apply for warrants against someone because it would legally open channels of investigation that would not be available otherwise...

I would think you would. Furthermore, having been in a dead man's vehicle doesn't imply you killed him.

So what hard evidence exists that they killed him? So curious.

Until a trial occurs, we won’t know of the evidence. But police have every right to manhunt the two because, rather than declaring themselves alive and well when they were first reported as missing even though a dead body was found nearby, they fled from BC to Sask in 2 days, in a vehicle they didn’t own.

The fact they’ve chosen to intentionally evade police puts the onus on the RCMP to capture them. If they’re not guilty, they have the right to a fair trial.

here is what I saw on FoxNews this morning...

Father of Canada highway murder suspect says son on 'suicide mission,' wants to die in 'blaze of glory'

RCMP Sgt. Janelle Shoihet told "America's Newsroom" on Thursday that authorities are asking for Canadians and Americans alike to keep their eyes out for the pair in the hope for a "successful resolution soon" after the "highly unusual" crime spree in northern British Columbia.

"We're asking Canadians right now to help us locate them, recognizing that as the days go by that becomes a little more difficult," Shoihet said.

The police would be able to track footprints and tire tracks in the area of the Rav4 and likely have a much better picture than we do. I still think them devoting so many resources to Gillam is highly telling. Sounds like they are starting to search houses in the area and likely every shack/structure too.

The police would be able to track footprints and tire tracks in the area of the Rav4 and likely have a much better picture than we do. I still think them devoting so many resources to Gillam is highly telling. Sounds like they are starting to search houses in the area and likely every shack/structure too.

Yeah. I don’t get the impression that this is a wild goose chase.

They are focused on that area for a reason.

Keep your doors locked Manitobans (BBM)!

"While Manitoba police haven’t said much about the search, Simon Fraser University criminology professor Neil Boyd, who is an expert in the field of criminal law and homicide, said Thursday that in serious cases like this authorities would likely use every resource, including infrared technology, helicopters, dogs, and drones.

He speculated that if the teens are on foot they wouldn’t get far and would likely be found by the end of day, or they could have broken into a house."

LIVE: Hunt continues Thursday for B.C. fugitive teens wanted on murder charges

Can't answer #1 (I'm in Alberta).

#2: I sort of assumed the VIN number of the Rav4 tied back to LD, but now that I think about it, wouldn't you need hard evidence that BS and KM were in the Rav4? Maybe there was something discovered at that secondary site about 50km north of where the burned camper was found?
There was a secondary site north of the burned camper?

VIA Rail now involved in the search, as per CBC News Network.

Dave MacDonald of Lac Bonnet now talking about survival. If well-prepared, they could survive for a while...weeks, a month, until it gets cold, maybe until January, but they'd have to count calories, watch for dehydration, be prepared for injuries, etc.

Last edited:
It is just coincidental. Regina right now has a ridiculous amount of crime. Just last week there were 5 shootings in 3 days.

Regina has 2nd-highest crime severity index in the country

Regina police investigate five separate shootings in three days

Population is 228,000 as of 2017. I see numerous posts about stolen vehicles every day from Regina and area, and if these 2 young men came this way and stole a vehicle, it would be hard to determine if it was them or just another every day occurrence.

Wow!

For those critical of the RCMP for not catching them yet, you have to realize how few and far between the police detachments are up north, and how vast the area is. It's about as isolated a wilderness as you can find on the entire planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz