CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CBC video that was just posted, the one guy said they have 6 RCMP officers there, I was actually surprised there was that many. Where I am in Southern Saskatchewan, we actually have both city police and RCMP here.
Yeah I'm in Edmonton and we have an RCMP office here but I believe it's for different services - I think they often work closely with the city police. The RCMP are the police for the suburbs of Edmonton though (St. Alberta, Sherwood Park, etc.). I grew up in rural Alberta and my town of 200 didn't have it's own officers they came from a community 30 minutes away in the same county.

I did see an update on FoxNews this morning and they did have an RCMP officer on ... I really got the impression that they are not sure they are still in Gillam, and asking the public to be on the lookout for them. I have checked the Fox site and the clip hasn't been added, will keep watching for it.

How many missing persons in the woods aren't found using the latest high tech gadgets and hoards of searchers/dogs and it's some random dog walker, hiker or hunter who eventually finds the remains? If these two guys have played "survivalist" games for 2 years and have planned and prepared for this day, then I suspect we won't be hearing of a quick arrest today or tomorrow. Bears, wolves, or big cats might find them first.

I somehow don’t think they ever planned to live off the grid in an unknown area of northern Manitoba. They ended up at road to nowhere because they thought by heading east from BC they’d outwitted police. It was a foolish plan and by now they’ve ran out of cash and any stolen or owned credit or debit cards have been blocked. If they’d planned to become survivalists they were within hours of the Yukon from northern BC. JMO

Yeah I'm in Edmonton and we have an RCMP office here but I believe it's for different services - I think they often work closely with the city police. The RCMP are the police for the suburbs of Edmonton though (St. Alberta, Sherwood Park, etc.). I grew up in rural Alberta and my town of 200 didn't have it's own officers they came from a community 30 minutes away in the same county.

Yep, same idea here. But now RCMP can pull you over in the city lol Not sure if that's a Sask thing though?

Rural Sask is much the same as rural Alberta, RCMP could be an hour or more away, that's why I almost think it would be easier to hide out back west. I am sure you have experienced what we have.... drive for hours sometimes on the back roads and not even see another vehicle, especially not an RCMP officer.

I never saw this? Can anyone provide a link please?

I don't think this has been said by police. However, police may have a much better image of the two in the vehicle than the image released to the public, and witnesses who saw something at the scene near Dease Lake. Remember that witness who reported the man's body? And another, or possibly the same one who reported the burning truck?

I somehow don’t think they ever planned to live off the grid in an unknown area of northern Manitoba. They ended up at road to nowhere because they thought by heading east from BC they’d outwitted police. It was a foolish plan and by now they’ve ran out of cash and any stolen or owned credit or debit cards have been blocked. If they’d planned to become survivalists they were within hours of the Yukon. JMO

I agree, just pointing out that sometimes tons of resources are poured into a search and still come up empty. Personally, I think they are long gone from Gillam.

Search intensifies in small Manitoba town for suspects in B.C. homicides
“Police, right now, are potentially looking for a needle in a haystack,” he said.

Clint Sawchuk, the owner and operator of Nelson River Adventures, a tour company in the area, said the teenagers are up against dense bush, temperature swings, waist-high swamp water, moss, bugs, and animals, such as black bears and wolves.

“It’s tough going up here,” he said. “If they don’t have bug jackets, once that sun goes down the bugs are out like crazy, enough to drive you insane.”

If the pair attempts to travel northeast to the coast of Hudson Bay, Sawchuk said they may have to contend with polar bears."
Fire-damaged SUV found in northern Manitoba linked to suspects, RCMP confirm
timeline-sask-manitoba-jpg.jpg

Mr. Sawchuck also said that outside of old rail beds and right of way for power transmission lines, most of the area will be very swampy. You'll usually be up to your waist in water. Very difficult, if not impossible to travel far in that, JMO.

I would not be surprised if they end up just disappearing, leaving no trace. If they travel far enough into the brush, become exhausted and drown or die in some other way, it's a good chance their remains will never be located. JMO

For those looking at the Regina abduction, this article sheds a little light on how exactly it occurred:

"The witness, who did not want to be idenitified [sic] , said a car pulled into a parking space in the lot at around 11:30 a.m.

The driver of the parked car stayed inside the vehicle for about four minutes, when a second car pulled in behind and blocked the first vehicle from leaving.

Then, the victim was forced out of their car and into the other by a gun-wielding suspect before both vehicles left the scene, according to police."

Police staying tight lipped on reported gunpoint abduction in north Regina

Speculation, of course. It seems unlikely they would EACH get a new car before then abducting someone and leaving in two vehicles.

Mr. Sawchuck also said that outside of old rail beds and right of way for power transmission lines, most of the area will be very swampy. You'll usually be up to your waist in water. Very difficult, if not impossible to travel far in that, JMO.

I would not be surprised if they end up just disappearing, leaving no trace. If they travel far enough into the brush, become exhausted and drown or die in some other way, it's a good chance their remains will never be located. JMO

For the full interview with Mr. Sawchuk, see post #9.

There was a case in Kitimat, northern B.C. Kevin Vermette, wanted for a triple murder, vanished into the bush, never to be seen again.

That case did not have the massive resources now being poured into this one. I guess the RCMP don't want a repeat.

Wanted by the RCMP: Kevin Louis Vermette | Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member