CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On twitter and FB someone reported finding two backpacks near the weir to the RCMP; when they went to investigate, the backpacks were gone.

In BS’ favourite film/game (‘Fallout:Lanius’), referenced here previously, supposedly the ultimate battlefield is to take the dam.
Lanius

Eta link

There was a story posted earlier the shell was melted into the truck
I seen the story about the camper melted. I know what fiberglass would do in a fire but a camper is not completely fiberglass. they do have some metal. like the bars/poles that hold it in that the camper can be supported by when out of the truck. something has the camper attached to the truck. where would the metal have gone? I don't think the camper did burn with the truck. I think it was off of the truck at the time the truck burnt. the camper may have burnt also, I just don't think it was attached to truck at time of truck burning.

The RCMP has loads of helicopters and provincial forces do too. Are you positive it was the military?

We are often used in SAR activities and other searches.

We have planes (CC130 Hercules) that can/and have virtually land anywhere, helicopters, tonnes of FLIR & NVG etc etc. We are mobile - highly so. We need to be. Have you seen the size of the country we are required to defend at the stroke of someone's pen? That's how we got to Northern Manitoba, Saskatchewan, BC etc to fight all those forest fires, to Quebec for Ice Storm, to Winnipeg for the massive floods etc etc. We can also pull off some pretty wicked long self-sustaining convoy operations without an ounce of help.

There is a base of a few thousand troops right in Manitoba in Brandon (Shilo). Thousands of troops in Edmonton is a mere Herc flight away.

Report grow ops out there in the wilderness etc etc

Last edited:
There is alot of people that hunt in northern Manitoba therefore alot of guns. They are not in friendly BC anymore. Pretty tough folks up there that are used to dealing their own justice. Not a good place for 2 white guys up there. I am first nation from northern Manitoba.

Thanks to you and any other Candadians for sharing local knowledge of the type of area LE is dealing with.

I was wondering if you or someone else could answer this question about the last known area they were in.

Is there a lot of "Public Hunting Land" around there that is open to all Candadian residents for hunting or hiking?
Or is it mostly private lands? Or a mix?

Due to the vastness and remoteness of what I envision the Canadian Rockies to be like, i am guessing there is some public hunting lands that are open to residents but I am not sure.

From your link:
"The RCMP has also expanded its efforts to a third location much closer to the town of Dease Lake itself. That scene is also on the side of the highway, but it's unclear what's behind the police tape there."

I speculate that possibly the pair dumped the camper shell before burning the truck, because they didn't want the truck to be recognized as having been on the Alaska Highway. If police found the camper, they'd be doing forensics on it and the bush around it.
I don't have a link but there were reports that the camper was on the truck when it was burnt. Being that it was made of fiberglass it melted. And there was images of the burnt truck and on the tarp next to it that the police had put out was like a sink and other remnants from The Burnt Out camper.
No word or information about the fourth site. But there was a video of Men doing a search in that fourth site. But again no mention of what it was for or why.

Is there a lot of "Public Hunting Land" around there that is open to all Candadian residents for hunting or hiking?

Outside settled communities, it’s all Crown land, which means government/public, and it is vast. It’s wilderness. Think sub-Arctic, or the Sahara Desert but with trees and lots of lakes and rivers, and you’ve got the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seen the story about the camper melted. I know what fiberglass would do in a fire but a camper is not completely fiberglass. they do have some metal. like the bars/poles that hold it in that the camper can be supported by when out of the truck. something has the camper attached to the truck. where would the metal have gone? I don't think the camper did burn with the truck. I think it was off of the truck at the time the truck burnt. the camper may have burnt also, I just don't think it was attached to truck at time of truck burning.
why do you suppose the police would have lied to the reporter about that? Is it possible that the poles would just have fallen to the ground once the camper structure burned?

I don't have a link but there were reports that the camper was on the truck when it was burnt. Being that it was made of fiberglass it melted. And there was images of the burnt truck and on the tarp next to it that the police had put out was like a sink and other remnants from The Burnt Out camper.
No word or information about the fourth site. But there was a video of Men doing a search in that fourth site. But again no mention of what it was for or why.
thank you. I had seen no remains of a camper at all. if there were parts to the side I understand more.

Forgive me I don't know, would they not have to have the murder weapon in their possession to match them to?
I haven't heard anything about Len being shot. They say he was killed and the two young men are responsible and they've been charged with second-degree murder for his death. But I have not heard any information that he was shot.

I also have a hard time believing the entire camper and every part of it melted to nothing... there doesn't even appear to be remnants of it at all on the back of the burned truck, not even melted bits. I take LE's word for it though, they know more than we do. They probably removed metal parts of the camper to investigate prior to the pics being taken.

There is alot of people that hunt in northern Manitoba therefore alot of guns. They are not in friendly BC anymore. Pretty tough folks up there that are used to dealing their own justice. Not a good place for 2 white guys up there. I am first nation from northern Manitoba.

I'm actually convinced that if they are still up there, it will be one of our First nations persons, who ensures an end is put to this. You know the land, you sense when something is amiss. Two teens familiar with Rust don't have a hope in hell against nature or you.

Outside settled communities, it’s all Crown land, which means government/public, and it is vast. It’s wilderness.

Thanks. Thats pretty much what I expected.

So if those two get into any of those Crown lands then its a little more difficult for the public to immediately know they should not be there.

The good news is big game seasons do not start until around September so unless people are hiking or camping there should not be a lot of regular hunters out yet.

Below I found the dates for big game season in Saskatchewan for example. Most other provinces are probably similar and starting more towards fall for big game season.

"What are the season dates for hunting big game and birds in Saskatchewan?

The season dates shown below are an approximate guideline only and vary within certain areas of the province. For exact dates, as well as licence and certificate fees, please view the latest Hunters' and Trappers' Guide.

White-tailed deer – September to December

Moose – October to December

Black bear – April to June/ September to October"

Hunting in Canada | Tourism Saskatchewan

There is a comment on a Manitoba RCMP's Twitter post from a witness saying they may have seen one of the guys on Monday night at the end of the road leaving Gillam.

I tired to upload screenshots of it, but this is my first post on here so hopefully it works.

Makes me think if this is legit, one was hitchhiking, the other hiding, then one someone pulled over they would ambush them.

Just a crazy idea... If they did somehow manage to elude the police up there then found a car to steal or hijack 1, could 1 of them maybe BS be posing as a woman? I said before in a post he looked a bit like a girl. Just thinking out loud

This reminds me of Pee Wees Great Adventure LOL

David Snow, the "Cottage Killer", or "House Hermit" did a similar thing in Ontario's cottage country.

ETA: Snow fled in the opposite direction to this duo, and was found in a makeshift camp in a wooded area near North Vancouver, with live kidnapping victims.

My hometown's own Allan Legere - 7 months in the wilds of New Brunswick:

Allan Legere - Wikipedia

On twitter and FB someone reported finding two backpacks near the weir to the RCMP; when they went to investigate, the backpacks were gone. Weir = dam; there is a dam across the Nelson river at the far northeast end of Gillam.
I believe that was yesterday or the day before...it is when I first read it
Thanks to you and any other Candadians for sharing local knowledge of the type of area LE is dealing with.

I was wondering if you or someone else could answer this question about the last known area they were in.

Due to the vastness and remoteness of what I envision the Canadian Rockies to be like, i am guessing there is some public hunting lands that are open to residents but I am not sure.
lots of crown land

In the interview with the man who found the burning car, he said that his people had been out on patrol after that. I hope they're not doing that today.

He also mentioned that he had a camp nearby. I hope that the local people have been asked for their camp locations. Things could go terribly wrong with people out minding their own business today in the bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2