CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall a discussion of how to obtain guns an ammunition in BC, but it was a couple of threads ago.

I the US you can just walk into a sporting goods store and buy ammunition. You don't need any license or background check for that. '

Any quick answers as to whether you can just buy ammo over the counter in BC, such as at Walmart?
in California you now have to undergo a background check to buy ammo, only state so far with that requirement.

I think you need a license to buy both guns and ammo in Canada. I'm not sure if either of them had one, thats why I'm looking at the possibility of them stealing it if this was all planned out since that would be the least of their worries

I recall a discussion of how to obtain guns an ammunition in BC, but it was a couple of threads ago.

I the US you can just walk into a sporting goods store and buy ammunition. You don't need any license or background check for that. '

Any quick answers as to whether you can just buy ammo over the counter in BC, such as at Walmart?

No you need to have a PAL to buy ammo.

Sooooo … have they been satiated , calmed, satisfied with their 3 kills? .. was that enough of a statement to make? or.. have they run out of ammo? are they dead, having set fire to themselves in the ultimate hissy fit?.. or... are their bodies of Canadians out there, going about their business and being set upon by these two committed killers? their provisions now propping up K and B?

Is their set course to intercede with the RCMP at some stage and produce a set piece of carnage before checking out and off? ..

I thought the same thing. They could have grabbed ammo, knives, burner phones...who knows what. Especially if they knew they wouldn't be returning to their jobs, there was likely no concern for getting caught or fired.
Very true, the thought of everything else didn't even cross my mind. They could have stocked up on anything and everything they needed

Yes, but you must present a valid PAL (Possession and Aqusition License which includes a photo of you).

Sooooo … have they been satiated , calmed, satisfied with their 3 kills? .. was that enough of a statement to make? or.. have they run out of ammo? are they dead, having set fire to themselves in the ultimate hissy fit?.. or... are their bodies of Canadians out there, going about their business and being set upon by these two committed killers? their provisions now propping up K and B?

Is their set course to intercede with the RCMP at some stage and produce a set piece of carnage before checking out and off? ..
BBM
Lol

This very lengthy Globe and Mail report provides a comprehensive summary but there’s also a few tidbits I haven’t noticed published before. These are some of the highlights - BBM

Searching for answers: Sense of unease lingers in B.C.’s isolated north as police hunt suspects in remote killings

“A teen in Port Alberni described hanging out with Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod while they camped at Sproat Lake this spring, and said Mr. Schmegelsky was wearing a swastika armband and military fatigues, and using a replica Nazi knife to crush Ritalin tablets and snort them.”

“The two men were recognizable, as was their truck. Some residents of Dease Lake recalled them camping in a lot outside town, and RCMP searched there. Ms. Adams’s said her mother saw the men hitchhiking along the highway, each thumbing in a different direction.”

“(Walmart) Co-worker M.J. Pelletier recalled Mr. McLeod was nice enough, but said he seemed uncomfortable in close contact with people other than Mr. Schmegelsky at work. “Usually, people are shy, but the whole not-standing-next-to-you or getting-close-to-you? That’s the odd part,” she said.”

“A video posted to Mr. McLeod’s YouTube page last year shows the men running through the digital countryside, battling other players in the first-person shooter game Counter-Strike. In the game Rust, where Mr. Schmegelsky clocked more than 500 hours in recent years, the goal is to survive in the outdoors and to “protect yourself from other players, and kill them for meat.”..”

“(In northern BC) Mr. Simonovic said that, when he saw Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod at his family’s business, he immediately had a bad feeling about them in his gut. After 50 years living and working along one of the continent’s most desolate stretches of highway, Mr. Simonovic says he has learned to trust his instincts and that he didn’t like them on sight.”

“The teens fled east through Alberta, where RCMP say, a resident in Cold Lake found them in the RAV 4 stuck on a trail, and helped them get free. The teens were then captured on a store security camera in Meadow Lake, northwest of Saskatoon....”

I’m going to guess they are going to see how long they can play cat and mouse w the rcmp and make themselves feel like they are smarter . I don’t think they will kill anyone else, Until the finale, but they will let themselves be spotted again far away from where
Rcmp are... that’s my guess.. at this point it’s a game -ugh

My mom lives in manitoba(gimli) my son just came back from camp on interior-- neither new nothing about this. My mom was like oh yea heatd about that but really no interest.

It should be of more interest to people who are on a road trip anywhere in Canada. They should only stop at recognized populated campgrounds and rest stops, and someone should know where they are with regular checkins.

Perhaps these very rare murders are generally viewed as 2 criminals from BC on the run with RCMP close behind? These criminals are opportunists who assess risk and benefit before they do anything. When they do something, they always kill the witness and remove ID to delay identification of victims.

I think they went in van thru front passenger door.. Maybe were suprised by finding people in there. No blood was mentioned outside van. So must of happened inside van.

I’m going to guess they are going to see how long they can play cat and mouse w the rcmap and make themselves feel like they are smarter . I don’t think they will kill anyone else, Until the finale, but they will let themselves be spotted again far away from where Rcmp are... that’s my guess.. at this point it’s a game -ugh

Make themselves seem smarter? This started on July 12 with the first murder on July 14/15. It is now July 27. They have not been caught in over 2 weeks. If it is a game, they are winning.

With them working at Walmart and taking everything that's has happened into consideration, I think it's a possibility they could have been taking the ammo they needed if indeed that particular store sold ammo. If this was all planned out, taking ammo would be the least of their worries

Most Walmart stores sell ammo but it would be difficult to steal because it locked up in the sporting goods area. Very few employees have those keys in order to ensure that protocol is followed. The customer requesting ammo, must produce their PAL before the case is unlocked, the ammo is carried to a till by the same employee, who hands it and the PAL card to the cashier. The sale will not complete with out the correct information being entered.

Canadian Tire also sells ammo but their protocol is even more strict, you must show your PAL before they open the case, they record type and amount of ammo purchased in a ledger, along with the name, address and PAL before they carry it to a cashier and you present the same again.

I suspect the firearm and ammo they used were stolen and they likely didn't get much but also wonder if they have enough knowledge to even know what they need.

Very true, the thought of everything else didn't even cross my mind. They could have stocked up on anything and everything they needed

Surely Walmart must have strict inventory control of the firearms they sell.

LE should cetainly be auditing their records very carfully.

Walmart would, indeed, be a great place to pilfer the supplies and equipment they need. Especially on those late night shifts

There's something odd about this because the killings (and vehicle fires) were right out in the open, very brazen. Yet, after killing, they go into hiding? It doesn't seem to fit unless they're dead or cooking up some big plan against the RCMP. Why kill out in the open, lead the police on a trail, and then hide for days?

So a totally different train of thought.

Lucas Fowler had recently started a job on a ranch in Hudson’s Hope BC. Christoph and Erika Weder, ranchers from Hudson's Hope, B.C., had hired Fowler in February and remembered him as a "solid, good guy."
He left from the ranch to start his trip with his girlfriend.

Ben Tyner, the cowboy missing from Merritt BC (about 950km south of Hudson’s Hope) had only recently started his ranch hand position. They searched the area where his horse was found incredibly thoroughly. Many people who live in the area don’t believe he could have ridden his horse to where it was found. It had to be trucked up there in a deliberate attempt to mislead investigation. Ben Tyner hasn’t been found as of yet despite a forensic investigation team being called in.

What if the two cases of Tyner and Fowler are somehow related, with the perpetrator somehow managing to shift the deaths of Fowler and Deese onto McLeod and Schmegelsky.

It should be of more interest to people who are on a road trip anywhere in Canada. They should only stop at recognized populated campgrounds and rest stops, and someone should know where they are with regular checkins.

Perhaps these very rare murders are generally viewed as 2 criminals from BC on the run with RCMP close behind? These criminals are opportunists who assess risk and benefit before they do anything. When they do something, they always kill the witness and remove ID to delay identification of victims.

They didn't kill the person at the store they stole food from. I doubt they've killed all witnesses - who knows how many people have actually seen them, they (MOO) don't stick out if you aren't watching the news and know what they look like.

I think they went in van thru front passenger door.. Maybe were suprised by finding people in there. No blood was mentioned outside van. So must of happened inside van.

Bodies were found shot 5 meters apart (16'3" apart) near the van. Van is something like 10 feet long? Lucas was 6'3" tall.

Their bodies were positioned identically, pointing North and facing West. If they were killed in the van, why were they found outside the van, one with no shoes and the other with one shoe. It seems like they had a split second to respond - Chynna's one shoe. Did that happen inside the van? Did the suspects open the side doors of the van and blow a hole through the back window? When they got out of the van, they were shot. Was it Chynna who was farther away from the van per media reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje