CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought just hit me. Probably isn't the case, but I wonder if they burnt their first truck before they were connected to any foul play out of some misguided belief that people would find the truck and just assume they died in the fire. Then they thought they could continue on their merry way without anyone wondering where they are. If so, it obviously blew up in their faces.

Bostondangler13 said:
I found this on google maps at the nearest gas station to Laird Hot Springs. This photo is probably old af, but what are the chances I come across this. Eerie.

I saw this in the last thread and am wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to what exactly the photo was a photo of. Am very curious to know.

If for some reason it violates any rule of any kind in any way, forget it. Would just like to be in the loop.

Days later, I'm still not 100% convinced these two teens committed murder. So far, they haven't really given us much evidence to tie them to the crimes, and while some might argue they don't want to damage the investigation, that doesn't explain why they are so eager to paint a negative picture of the pair. Even the timeline of their movements doesn't fully explain how they could have done this.
The best timeline I found was in this article from the grandmother's interview
RCMP not ruling out link between missing Vancouver Island teens, body found near truck, double slaying
In that article, she says Kam and Bryer were heading up to Whitehorse, left July 12. It took them about 1 or 2 days of driving because she said they indicated around 13th/14th it wasn't what they were expecting. Then they went completely silent.
After that we know that on the 15th, the bodies of Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese were found. I'm guessing they were killed around that day or the previous day? That doesn't give Kam & Bryer much time to drive down from Whitehorse to the Laird River area (it's 8hrs non-stop). When I saw photos of the van, it was shot out from the inside, so perhaps the person who did that was riding inside with them. But then why not take the van after murdering the couple? There had to be a second vehicle nearby.
Kam and Bryer were next spotted July 18th at Dease Lake getting free coffee. That's barely 6.5hrs drive from Laird River. If they were worried about committing murder and getting caught, why hang around the area for 3 to 4 days? They left the couple by the side of the road, so easy to find.
July 19th, the burning truck they were driving, and Leonard Dyck's body were found, along side of a frequently used highway. No indication what vehicle Leonard Dyck had been driving. After that, alleged sightings of them into Gillam, almost 3500km away.
What is odd, why taking another vehicle and burn theirs in an easy to spot location, by the side of a busy road? On the one hand, we are to believe they are trying to elude police by keeping destroying 'evidence' (their truck), staying quiet on their social media, and not contacting family, but on the other hand, they leave clues that could point to them, and don't try to disguise themselves? For me, it doesn't quite add up.

They also weren't named as persons of interest right away though, it wasn't until shortly after the third body and their burning trailer that they started burning rubber.

If the murder of the couple wasn't premeditated they might have been wrestling with the emotions or coming down off of an adrenaline rush, arguing about what to do next, trying to find out what the cops knew, etc.
I think there would have been an adrenaline rush either way, premeditated or not.

I’m reminded of the murder of Cassie Jo Stoddart by Brian Draper and Torrey Adamcik.

They planned to kill their high school friend, going as far as to record the planning and aftermath (as they were fleeing the scene in a vehicle).

They were wired, and disgustingly excited by what they had just done.

That video buried them.

Where did they say that? Seems odd that they took the time to create a composite sketch (while McLeod and Schmegelsky were still listed as missing) received a ton of calls about both sketches released, next update is Mcleod and Schmegelsky were suspects and the bearded man in a hat is never mentioned again?? That must have been some good tips that flooded in. They’ve taken the time to clarify a couple false stories, why not take the time to clarify about the man in the hat who was seen arguing with Fowler and Deese.

My hunch is that the sketch was created from a confused witness who described the US fugitive who crossed into Manitoba. But many other innocent people were caught in the suspicion.

Where did they say that? Seems odd that they took the time to create a composite sketch (while McLeod and Schmegelsky were still listed as missing) received a ton of calls about both sketches released, next update is Mcleod and Schmegelsky were suspects and the bearded man in a hat is never mentioned again?? That must have been some good tips that flooded in. They’ve taken the time to clarify a couple false stories, why not take the time to clarify about the man in the hat who was seen arguing with Fowler and Deese.

Well one reason could be he came forward and the RCMP have cleared him of any involvement so there’s no reason to release information about an innocent person to the general public. When the sketch was put out, they never suggested he was a suspect. They only asked him to contact them.

Just FYI, dont wanna comb through 20 articles again, but several media outlets have referred to the teens being sought for "three shooting deaths". Possible they are jumping the gun but I've read some variation of that several times now

Well one reason could be he came forward and the RCMP have cleared him of any involvement so there’s no reason to release information about an innocent person to the general public. When the sketch was put out, they never suggested he was a suspect. They only asked him to contact them.

I think it’s possible that they were looking at this guy as a potential suspect, until they figured out what was really going on.

I’m sure they’d still want to know if he saw anything, but it doesn’t appear they are actively looking for him.

Is it possible there is a third person/accomplice who is “master-minding” this whole sick ordeal? Like giving KM and BS instructions/missions like where to go and what to do next? I’m just thinking of the gaming aspect and the whole thing seems so random and sporadic for them to just come up with on their own. Maybe they have now met up with this accomplice as the next phase in this sick game they are playing which is how they are managing to evade LE? I don’t think they are smart enough or lucky enough to be getting away with this on their own still. I’m starting to wonder if all the sightings, surveillance videos, and fire setting has been an intentional ploy to lead LE a certain way so they can believe they are a step ahead of them? Just some thoughts. It’s all so unsettling.
If there was, they're doing a pretty good job of hiding. Or to me, the simplest explanation is someone else is doing this, but have framed Kam and Bryer. I'm not sure I believe all the alleged sightings. For a pair of guys trying to hide from the law, they are not trying to hide their identity with disguises when stopping for gas?

If there was, they're doing a pretty good job of hiding. Or to me, the simplest explanation is someone else is doing this, but have framed Kam and Bryer. I'm not sure I believe all the alleged sightings. For a pair of guys trying to hide from the law, they are not trying to hide their identity with disguises when stopping for gas?

I believe the confirmed ones.

Anything else I don’t, as we all know how many missing people are spotted wandering around, despite the fact that they are dead.

If they wanted to hide in a big city they weren’t far from Vancouver, without leaving BC.

They chose to travel the remote north for a reason IMO and that’s because they thought they’d wouldn’t be recognized.

I don’t think they’d have a first inkling of coping in a large city probably without cash and unable to use their ID. Where would they go? Living out their lives as fugitives in a homeless shelter? The inability to disclose their identity would create immediate suspicion IMO.
Or the simplest explanation, they could just hide out on Vancouver Island. So much wilderness on the island, and it's a moderate climate. And they'd be close to home if they wanted to turn themselves in to relatives.

I just watched a newscast on this lady. They searched all day again today until it grew dark and no sign of her has been found. Those who know her describe her as “bush-wise”; she also grew up in the area and knows it well. Makes you wonder if there’s any relation to this case.
Forest being searched for 84-year-old woman
Its encouraging to see that she has family that are participating in the search. But the news reports about the car she was driving with her friend are unclear IMO. Did the car the two were in belong to her friend that reported her missing? IDK. Very strange case as her grandson said she grew up in the area and was 'bush wise'.

My hunch is that the sketch was created from a confused witness who described the US fugitive who crossed into Manitoba. But many other innocent people were caught in the suspicion.

That could be too, that the potential witness recanted her sighting. That’s not unusual, people sometimes think they remember something in the heat of the moment but get it confused with another place, another time.

It was sort of odd she mentioned a grey car in the media interview but a Jeep Cherokee with a black stripe on the hood was specified in the RCMP release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MABROUSSARD