CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No update has been provided on the vehicle or the person in the sketch.

I believe the RCMP was willing to entertain the idea of a possible connection to escaped US murder suspect Derek Whisenand in the Press Conference the other day but since that initial statement it has been radio silence. Many believed that the sketch put together by RCMP and the Road Work Supervisor looked more similar to Whisenand vs either the 2 suspects that are now being hunted. It is likely that there are multiple hunts underway as Whisenand is considered highly dangerous.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/23/texas...ould-be-linked-to-murder-of-couple-in-canada/

Agree with you but other than a look of mild exasperation from the Press Officer after the first question there has been no change in RCMP communication. The second agitated question from the press the other day did get a bit of a scowl from the Press Officer but all it generated was a re-reading of the prepared remarks first in english and then in classroom french as if to simply punish the audience yet again for simply asking a question!

I'm not sure we'd even know about the Rav4 today but for the fact the photo was circulated on SM.

Personally.. I believe if these clowns arent found in the next day or 2 they wonr be
While social media can be a powerful thing, social media can be a powerful thing.

Maybe they're just troops in someone else's crazy game! Possible that theres a mastermind. Anything is possible at this point. Its exhausting.

They’ll be found, I’m confident of that.

What these two are doing has a ton of precedence, although it is rare on the whole.

Almost invariably, it’s two guys who are doing it alone, and doing it for their own reasons.

It’s not complicated.

this may be obvious to others, or I have missed something, but the questions at the press release must be pre scripted? I noticed a question was ask and answered then another reporter said same question but in French please, not a word for word quote summed up in my own words, then immediately there the answer is on paper in French. how would it get on paper so fast if the questions were not already known before being ask live?

I’m having a little trouble understanding what your question is, but perhaps it helps to know that it is common practice to prepare Qs and As in advance, and that these are in some cases distributed. The RCMP would distribute them in both English and French.

There's this, in case they are still in the area. And for all those searching as well.

https://7news.com.au/news/world/luc...cts-kam-mcleod-and-bryer-schmegelsky-c-369632

Polar bear spotted during search for teen suspects Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky

A polar bear has been spotted as police continue their manhunt for the two teens suspected over the murder of Australian backpacker Lucas Fowler and his girlfriend Chynna Deese.

A photograph released by Canadian police show the animal stalking the wilderness where suspects Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky are thought to be hiding.
A POLAR BEAR! Wow, this thread is getting good.

These guys picked the wrong area to play their survivalist "game".
Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 11.21.49 PM.png

Much like virtually all murders, the couple’s deaths were reported locally. At the time it was reported the autopsies were probably not completed. Whether national media choose to publicize the story is beyond the control of the RCMP.

RCMP investigate suspicious deaths near Liard Hotsprings

They could not warn anyone about a shooter, because this information was held back by the RCMP until police in Australia, far from the danger, released it to the public well after the fact. Thank you, NSW police. You have our backs.

I’m having a little trouble understanding what your question is, but perhaps it helps to know that it is common practice to prepare Qs and As in advance, and that these are in some cases distributed. The RCMP would distribute them in both English and French.
thank you. in advance is a better way to put it. I just thought live was live and no one knew what the question was going to be.

Opinion - That sounds like a "rigged" not legitimate PC to me.....I learned something new.........moo

this may be obvious to others, or I have missed something, but the questions at the press release must be pre scripted? I noticed a question was ask and answered then another reporter said same question but in French please, not a word for word quote summed up in my own words, then immediately there the answer is on paper in French. how would it get on paper so fast if the questions were not already known before being ask live?

Unfortunately, this is indeed what happens in many cases now. Reporters submit questions, respondents select which ones will be answered. Everybody behaves..

It was hard to see what the audio/video setup was on the podium but for at least one of the questions the other day the Press Officer had to wait a few seconds for the french response to come up on what might have been her screen on the podium so she could read it to the person that asked the question. I've seen other countries handle this via cell phone or ipads so I'm not sure how it was exactly done the other day. I'm not sure if this is done because the language skills of the person on the podium were insufficient to answer the question OR if the answers to any/all press questions were pre-scripted by the RCMP so there was no room for impromptu/off the cuff type responses from the Press Officer. So far it just seems like the Press Officers function as news readers in the Press Briefings as its not exactly clear either how much operational knowledge or specifics of the case they have coming into the briefings. I guess if they have no direct knowledge it certainly makes it easier for them to say that they don't know the answer to a question!

From what we have seen so far it seems like an agreed upon script exists before the Press Briefing and the Press Officers cannot veer off piste in their remarks or even provide much in the way of explanation or color for the press. I've just chalked this up to RCMP protocol but it has to be hard for foreign press trying to get color and background on the story.

thank you. in advance is a better way to put it. I just thought live was live and no one knew what the question was going to be.

It’s always better not to have the questions supplied in advance. They teach you that in journalism school.

You get better answers when the subject isn’t prepared with the questions beforehand.

It gives them less wiggle room to maneuver around.

Best way to get the truth.

"Blaze of glory". "48 hours". A route that could have included the WAC Bennett Dam near Hudson's Hope, where Lucas and Chynna started their journey, and the Site C dam under construction near Fort St. John on the Alaska Highway. Murders, then on to Gillam, Manitoba, and three more dams. Are you sensing a pattern here?.
@Gina20 not sure why you have the fixation on the dams. In my area in southern BC we have 7 huge dams in region they didn't come here. Also the 2 boys grew up on Vancouver Island and my guess is they had no concept of hydro dams. All hydro dams in Canada have security cameras as a part of national security to avoid another "9-11"It seems a moot point.

They could not warn anyone about a shooter, because this information was held back by the RCMP until police in Australia, far from the danger, released it to the public well after the fact. Thank you, NSW police. You have our backs.

It would be a mistake to delude oneself into thinking the NSW had the back of the public, of either NSW or British Columbia at the forefront of their minds. This is not the operating process NSWPOL inhabit. More likely, it would be a deliberate process of outrage against Australians being shot to death overseas , is if Australians don't have the right to be murdered anywhere they damn well please. !!

From Patagonia to Iceland, from Labrador to Capetown, Australians can manage to get themselves killed in the most bizarre and convoluted manner, and this is their ultimate right to be so.

I agree. I also think they shouldn't be given too much credit, they're 18/19 yrs old & not exactly masterminds. I suspect they ended up in Gillam because they mistook the train route to Port Nelson as a highway. I doubt there ever was or is any coherent long term plan, they're just flying by the seat of their pants, likely moving according to opportunity.

Oh, I think they had a script, and that is why "48 hours" and "blaze of glory" came out. I think this is much more dangerous than any of us realize. The federal Public Safety Minister deals with matters of national security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth