CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This is extreme. I now think he is involved in some capacity and most likely mislead investigators. I will have to go back and hear his emotional pleas but now I’m thinking his words were of encouragement to his son. And then the last line freaks me out (thinking of the dams). Mystery illnesses coming. Gad!

Yeah, kind of makes me wonder if he hasn't been in touch with his son since this whole thing began. That was actually my first thought when I saw the second interview with him, (the one after they named BS and KM as suspects). I wondered what it was that made him change his story so quickly - from "good boy" to "blaze of glory."

this is how I see it, I am sure I will be wrong, it cost too much, not enough resources, etc. but I think one or two real LE could have been gotten to the location, protected the location, covered the bodies, and waited for a full team to get there. it is LE needs to keep everything so close for the investigation, and I agree with that, but then leave bodies out in the open in view and have a highway worker talking to press and giving details.
But dispatched from where? I really do think this is simply a logistical issue. Seeing as the highway worker waited 4 hours with the bodies, and Ft. Nelson is approximately 4 hours away, it seems like local LE did hustle to get there.

FriesenPress Bookstore

This is the publishing company printed on the book in the picture. Can't find any such title, but I didn't search author.

The Daily Mail is rubbish and I'll believe it when I hear the dad say it out loud in an interview.

If this is a lie or they are exploiting him because they dug this up -- that is vile.

Most violent crime happens in/very near the populated areas. But even then I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of a helicopter being used to deploy a team to secure any crime scene in BC. It seems pretty par for the course to me as a BC resident. (If it was an accident with need for hospital then an air ambulance might have been called in, they certainly do for remote areas in lower BC.)
This confuses me; 4 hours for RCMP to get to a crime scene. Really. I remember a lot of RCMP when I lived up north back and forth along the highways during good or bad weather conditions. Makes me wonder what resources they had to evaluate that.

But dispatched from where? I really do think this is simply a logistical issue. Seeing as the highway worker waited 4 hours with the bodies, and Ft. Nelson is approximately 4 hours away, it seems like local LE did hustle to get there.
I will hush about what I think about it after this post. maybe Canada can afford to at least provide their highway workers with a couple of sheets so if they need to cover a body or two. MOO

this is where it becomes offensive to me that LE didn't get there faster, for hours, HOURS, two dead people lay on the side of the road for any and all to see. apparently there was at least one video or pictures or whatever taken and the bodies don't even have a sheet over them. Canada may have a lot of remote area, but they are not third world. or at least I have never seen them as a third world country.
You can be offended all day long, but the RCMP can't teleport, and no police agency in the world would recommend random sheets be provided by the highway guy at a murder scene. To me, this is just such a bizarre line of thought. I personally can't imagine sitting behind a keyboard and substituting my judgement for that of local professionals, on a matter this blindingly obvious. They got there as fast as they could, from distances that some clearly still can't quite get their heads around. smh

I will hush about what I think about it after this post. maybe Canada can afford to at least provide their highway workers with a couple of sheets so if they need to cover a body or two. MOO
I agree it is unfortunate, but I suspect that would have contaminated the crime scene. :(

this is how I see it, I am sure I will be wrong, it cost too much, not enough resources, etc. but I think one or two real LE could have been gotten to the location, protected the location, covered the bodies, and waited for a full team to get there. it is LE needs to keep everything so close for the investigation, and I agree with that, but then leave bodies out in the open in view and have a highway worker talking to press and giving details.

If the nearest RCMP detachment is 4 hours away, and RCMP arrived 4 hours after receiving the call, then they got there as fast as possible. In the interim, a road worker who was asked to secure the scene and ensure that people did not stop.

Hopefully Canadians and others in those remote unpopulated areas know and accept that emergency services may be hours away.

Yeah, kind of makes me wonder if he hasn't been in touch with his son since this whole thing began. That was actually my first thought when I saw the second interview with him, (the one after they named BS and KM as suspects). I wondered what it was that made him change his story so quickly - from "good boy" to "blaze of glory."

Pretty sure LE had surveillance on all immediate and extended family once the teens were on the radar. I would guess that's standard procedure, at least I hope....

FriesenPress Bookstore

This is the publishing company printed on the book in the picture. Can't find any such title, but I didn't search author.

The Daily Mail is rubbish and I'll believe it when I hear the dad say it out loud in an interview.

If this is a lie or they are exploiting him because they dug this up -- that is vile.

That would expose them to a lawsuit.

I criticize the Daily Mail every single day, but I believe he did reach out to them.

They sensationalize stories, use horrible grammar, are rife with inaccuracies, but they don’t fabricate articles like this.

For The Record: The 2 bodies at Liard were not left uncovered for 4 hours till RCMP got there. Mr. Pierre who was authorized to secure the scene is also a Paramedic. The images that were circulated were likely taken by the couple from Wisconsin who sped to the nearest place (the lodge) to report seeing 2 bodies, or the trucker who called RCMP on his satellite phone stopped and waited till Mr. Pierre arrived. Mr. Pierre once he checked for pulse covered the bodies. Please don't make assumptions or speculations.

Last edited:
I agree. Crazy thing is people outside of Canada have no idea how friggen big this country is. I live in a suburb outside Vancouver. Within an hour I can drive to complete bush. No matter what direction I drive I will hit uninhabitable places, aside from driving into the ocean. No one is prepared for a scene like that because it doesn't happen. That part of the country is beyond beautiful and vast doesn't give it justice. I wish it was a different scenario.

Clarification: The 2 bodies at Liard were not left uncovered for 4 hours till RCMP got there. Mr. Pierre who was authorized to secure the scene is also a Paramedic. The images that were circulated were likely taken by the couple from Wisconsin who sped to the nearest place (the lodge) to report seeing 2 bodies, or the trucker who called RCMP on his satellite phone stopped and waited till Mr. Pierre arrived. Mr. Pierre once he checked for pulse covered the bodies.
That's good to know--thank you! I knew he'd checked for a pulse but not that he had covered the bodies. I also wasn't aware about the couple from Wisconsin, though I'd heard about the trucker.

Clarification: The 2 bodies at Liard were not left uncovered for 4 hours till RCMP got there. Mr. Pierre who was authorized to secure the scene is also a Paramedic. The images that were circulated were likely taken by the couple from Wisconsin who sped to the nearest place (the lodge) to report seeing 2 bodies, or the trucker who called RCMP on his satellite phone stopped and waited till Mr. Pierre arrived. Mr. Pierre once he checked for pulse covered the bodies.
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member