CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a hunter, and owner and familiar with firearms my entire life. Firing 3 shots to signal distress, a come to me now, or otherwise draw attention to yourself and your presence/location is common knowledge. I'm born and raised in Ontario, on a reservation. I was taught the 3 shot signal even as a kid. I don't find any problem or out of the ordinary that 3 shots were used to communicate location or draw attention etc. It's not unprofessional or "a lack of training" at all. It's just how you do it when you don't have radio contact. Your voice doesn't carry very far in the bush. In a situation like the one where it happened. Minutes matter when you're smack dab in the middle of a national manhunt and you're hot on the tail of the subjects of the manhunt.

Maybe for a regular person out with a gun.
An RCMP officer would not be doing this.

Is anyone familiar with the games their played? moving their troops to different areas, etc?

They must be using some of the similar tactics and essentially bringing their game to life. Someone mentioned about them being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I highly doubt that. I think this is fun for them, now they have the whole world playing their real-life version of the video game, and they are winning. They are focused and 2 steps ahead. IMO
I personally think BS thinks he is Lanius from the game Lanius:Fallout, and KM is Caesar.
And that they are wanting to recreate the taking of the Hoover Dam scenerio in the game.
Except here they have their minds set on the biggest of the 5 dams in the area; Kettle dam.

Of course I have no way of knowing what deranged minds are thinking, but why flee to a remote area near 5 dams??? And bring maps and camping gear and have trained in camouflage and "the art of war" in the woods back home for over two years?(as per BS's father)

Lanius

Last edited:
As a hunter, and owner and familiar with firearms my entire life. Firing 3 shots to signal distress, a come to me now, or otherwise draw attention to yourself and your presence/location is common knowledge. I'm born and raised in Ontario, on a reservation. I was taught the 3 shot signal even as a kid. I don't find any problem or out of the ordinary that 3 shots were used to communicate location or draw attention etc. It's not unprofessional or "a lack of training" at all. It's just how you do it when you don't have radio contact. Your voice doesn't carry very far in the bush. In a situation like the one where it happened. Minutes matter when you're smack dab in the middle of a national manhunt and you're hot on the tail of the subjects of the manhunt.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Although I’m not a hunter, that’s my understanding too, that a certain sequence of gunshots has traditionally been used as a form of communication.

An update on the missing elderly MB woman. Not harmed by these two. :)

An elderly Manitoba woman who went out to pick berries and vanished without a trace for four days was found alive Sunday night and was on her way to hospital, her daughter says.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5228483
That makes my heart happy amid this horror!

Speaking of berries, it blows my mind that they would want to eat garbage when they could eat berries. But that’s just me assuming berries are as plentiful there as most. Desperate times, for sure. MOO

Yep. And typically where there are still open landfills, there is not much recycling going on so EVERYTHING goes to the dump. People are inherently wasteful creatures.
Yes - but it is also quite common to burn garbage in small communities. I grew up in a town of 200 in rural Alberta and this was the norm (with no fire ban of course). We only took big things to the dump or my dad went looking for other "treasure" he could use.

I personally think BS thinks he is Lanius from the game Lanius:Fallout, and KM is Caesar.
And that they are wanting to recreate the taking of the Hoover Dam scenerio in the game.
Except here they have their minds set on the biggest of the 5 dams in the area; Kettle dam.

Of course I have no way of knowing what deranged minds are thinking, but why flee to a remote area near 5 dams??? And bring maps and camping gear and have trained in camouflage and "the art of war" in the woods back home for over two years?

Lanius

If that was the intention, they could’ve stayed in BC.

“BC Hydro operates some of the largest dams in the world. Today, we maintain and operate 79 dams at 41 locations across British Columbia.”
Dam Safety FAQ

The German guys' canoe was unusable, it was a piece of crap to begin with and broke apart.
Otherwise they would have continued using it themselves and not have to walk all those kms.
I think it is fairly easy to come by a canoe, if you are looking for one. My own canoes got borrowed 3 times(stolen) and they were fairly secured. I don't think most people secure their canoes in remote communities.

I know. It was a joke

I wonder what it would take to paddle the Nelson River upstream from Gillam. That is a long way. I think it would take them more than 5 days.

That makes my heart happy amid this horror!

Speaking of berries, it blows my mind that they would want to eat garbage when they could eat berries. But that’s just me assuming berries are as plentiful there as most. Desperate times, for sure. MOO

Maybe they were not looking for food at the dump but something else.

I think they likely have a small camp in the area. Probably no fires. Just their backpacks and maybe sleeping bags. The tracker dogs should have no problem finding them.
Not so easy. From my limited knowledge...There are a number of different tracker dogs... ones that track specific scents and ones that track specific things.. For example. Give a dog the scent of a specific person via an item of clothing and they will track that person. Then you have dogs the track humans, animals, drugs, explosives, dead people etc etc. They also have dogs that just alert if someone is within x amount of metres (could be 20,50 100 whatever) etc rather then track.. In this case I can't see a dog tracking either of these two boys specifically... In a sense, I believe burning the truck and the Rav4 would have made it harder for LE to use the dogs.
Having said that.. if one of the boys did drop something.... then I suspect it would be game over. The dogs would have what they need.

Last edited:
I think that if they are on foot at the dump they will have a bear encounter sooner than later. They might just be giving themselves up. We do the same here in northern Saskatchewan, you go to the dump you go in a vehicle.

I think people have a misunderstanding of the bears? I have lived in the Yukon where there is a dense population of bears, and we were taught that they are scared of us. So I don't think if a bear spots them they are going to charge them? Plus, these boys are very tall which would also deter bears I would think. IMO

It could have been a distraction, or a diversion. Why go out in daylight rummaging if you didn't want to be caught. They may have a plan in place and wanted to draw the attention there. It just doesn't make sense that both of them would be seen together in the daylight. It seems they should have gone to the dump at night, or have 1 gone, and another keep watch?

It's dark at night. I mean pitch black. And there would be more competition for the good stuff with the bears. Plus they would become food for an almighty host of insects.

Yes - but it is also quite common to burn garbage in small communities. I grew up in a town of 200 in rural Alberta and this was the norm (with no fire ban of course). We only took big things to the dump or my dad went looking for other "treasure" he could use.

Yes in remote communities garbage might be burned in burning barrels to reduce what gets hauled to the dump, where it also gets burned regularly. Definitely one wouldn’t expect there to be land transfer stations or recycling depots, like in urban areas.

So sorry to hear of this.. I think of Canada as a lot of beautiful wild life and a lot of friendly people.... All it takes is a couple Punks from the USA, (which I belong) to ruin several family members and friends lives because of their selfish actions. These families are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they bring them in alive so we can see that they're punished good and proper.

These punks are ours. But just like your punks down there, they don't represent the country as a whole :) If anything good comes from this, I see so many people learning Canadian geography and learning so much about Canada, and if listening to Canadian news, most should know how to pronounce Saskatchewan properly now! :D

Still catching up ( only 5 pages to go!) Was really hoping to see they were caught this morning :( I see they are moving a lot of resources there, I sure hope it was them and they find them today!

I would actually place a bet on that information being wrong. RCMP has never confirmed that there were any shots.
They also absolutely would not fire their guns to communicate. I definitely agree with you on that. I personally believe the gun shots were just a rumor that got around.
Hmmm RCMP also didn't tell media these 2 were stopped last Monday by a Constable with Tataskweyak Cree Nation, the police were checking for alcohol in the vehicle. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/york-landing-search-bc-fugitives-1.5228561

Not so easy. From my limited knowledge...There are a number of different tracker dogs... ones that track specific scents and ones that track specific things.. For example. Give a dog the scent of a specific person via an item of clothing and they will track that person. Then you have dogs the track humans, animals, drugs, explosives, dead people etc etc. They also have dogs that just alert if someone is within x amount of metres (could be 20,50 100 whatever) etc rather then track.. In this case I can't see a dog tracking either of these two boys specifically... In a sense, I believe burning the truck and the Rav4 would have made it harder for LE to use the dogs.

Would the families not have supplied some of their clothes to help the dogs?

If that was the intention, they could’ve stayed in BC.

“BC Hydro operates some of the largest dams in the world. Today, we maintain and operate 79 dams at 41 locations across British Columbia.”
Dam Safety FAQ
Yes, but there are only about 10 dams across Canada that are really big, if you are going to make a comparision to the Hoover dam. Kettle is one of them, although not as big as Hoover. And I think they came to the conclusion that this location in Northern Manitoba suited their fantasy best.

Of course I have no way of knowing what deranged minds are thinking, but why flee to a remote area near 5 dams??? And bring maps and camping gear and have trained in camouflage and "the art of war" in the woods back home for over two years?(as per BS's father)

Lanius
bbm
Oh no! They are near 5 dams? Tell us more about this game. What do gamers do to the Hoover Dam in the game? Blow it up? Release all the gates to cause massive flooding and deaths? What?

Guns are very common in isolated and rural areas of Canada. However, they are a privilege, not a right, so there are fairly rigorous laws governing them and the majority of Canadians support even stricter laws. Also, our mindset regarding guns is that they are for hunting and protection from wild animals. We don't normally see them as a form of protection against people.
They’re sure coming in handy for that purpose at the moment. I’m glad they have them! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo