Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so disheartening. Last night it felt like things were so close to being over. Now it just feels like they are so far away again. I really hope they are captured alive. It may be the only chance of getting any answers or insight into this tragedy.

Curious @Trooper if you are from Australia how a similar case might play out there with the NSW coppers?

We have seen so many differences in things but its mainly been a US/Canada back and forth with a huge learning curve for non canadians.

I'm curious if most Commonwealth countries would have similar policing styles?

But based on the NSW video you posted I don't think I could imagine that happening in Canada! So, maybe there are differences. Curious.

If you cant imagine that happening in Canada, it's because Canadians are genetically disposed to politeness..

I think most COmmonwealth countries have very , very similar policing styles, with the exception , perhaps, of Hong Kong, not that is now a Commonwealth member, .. but generally, yes, aligned with cultural differences. The Hong Kong style, while based firmly in British tradition has it's own unique approach. Probably , still does.

Differences start to multiply when compared with the USA, … there really is a lot of subtle and not so subtle differences, far too many to outline, and this should not be taken as criticism of any police force. Different doesn't mean wrong.

The midday ABC news in Sydney played a short clip of a reporter speaking to a young woman who told RCMP that she thought she saw the two suspects. She saw two very tall men but she only saw them from the rear.
Is this the twelve-year-old who thought she saw them near her home in York Landing? If so, that's interesting their height stood out to her.

I'm personally one of the ones who do think the YL sightings were accurate, and that they somehow managed to elude LE. :(

Non-restricted rifles are a little easier to carry around. As long as they are unloaded in the vehicle it’s legal.

I’ve been told in Newfoundland not to have my shotgun in my car outside hunting season without a permit specific to the carry. It became an issue when I wanted to set up a private trap for a few friends to shoot skeet.

My understanding, in Newfoundland at least, is that rifles and shotguns can only be transported during hunting season, and that includes such things as sighting your gun - have to wait for the season to open.

On the other hand, when I’m in Ontario, I don’t think twice about taking my shotgun to my local skeet club regardless of season. It’s clearly legal, but maybe the destination matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. What puzzles me about the Split lake search by band constables, for alcohol and drugs, is that there is no mention of them finding any firearms, only survival gear, maps, and blankets. I would think that a rifle would be difficult to hide. Do they perhaps have a handgun? But those are harder to acquire.
2. Why does the RCMP not inform the public what type of gun was used in the murders? It would seem to be more helpful to inform the public as to what type of weapons the suspects might be expected to have, rather than merely warning us that they might be armed.

They haven't even stated that they do have a weapon. They have only stated that they are 'believed to be armed and dangerous'. It's a pretty common thing for them to say up here as well. I am not saying that they might not have a gun or something. Just that the RCMP themselves have not actually confirmed any kind of weapon.

Is this the twelve-year-old who thought she saw them near her home in York Landing? If so, that's interesting their height stood out to her.

I'm personally one of the ones who do think the YL sightings were accurate, and that they somehow managed to elude LE. :(

Yes. I just edited my post to say it was at York Landing.

I really thought when I watched the news today I'd learn of their capture. I imagined a perimeter would have been set up and it was only a matter of hours.

hmm possibly, but I'm not convinced that they didn't have another vehicle before they lit the RAV4 on fire. They easily could have driven it into the bush and it would have taken much longer to find.
I thought about this a lot, and my best guess now is that they had planned to hide out somewhere in this area, for a long time.

The RAV4 was probably going to disappear in the bush or muskeg, after they settled in a proper shelter. They burnt it hastily after the unexpected road check at Split Lake.

So who thinks the alleged garbage dump sighting was them and who thinks it was a case of mistaken identity?

What I don't understand is if it was them, surely they couldn't outrun the law, that desperate and hungry?
I don’t know what to think anymore but I certainly HOPE it was them. If they are dead in the woods like some are suggesting, there will never be any insight or closure into this horrific ordeal.

There’s a difference in guns though. Restricted guns, as in any handgun and any other gun listed as restricted, are very controlled with definite rules to follow. You can’t just drive around them, has to be a lawful reason. Either going to a competition, moving to a new place or going to the range would be examples, and that’s only after you’ve called into the CFO and obtained permission for going to those specific places. Even then you are supposed to take the most direct route to your destination and guns must be in a locked container and guns themselves must be trigger locked in that container.

Non-restricted rifles are a little easier to carry around. As long as they are unloaded in the vehicle it’s legal.

I just asked my husband about this... ironically lol

I remembered there was some sort of rule about letting the RC's know exactly where you are going, that you have to go from point A to point B and no detouring or whatever, but couldn't remember what it applied to. He said it was the restricted guns.

He's a gun owner... a bitter one... doesn't necessarily care for all the laws, etc. ... but still follows them lol

So who thinks the alleged garbage dump sighting was them and who thinks it was a case of mistaken identity?

What I don't understand is if it was them, surely they couldn't outrun the law, that desperate and hungry?

I personally don't think it was them.
I personally don't even think they are in Manitoba anymore.
MOO though, and that opinion is partly fueled by emotions and anxiety so I'm not thinking very clearly.

They haven't even stated that they do have a weapon. They have only stated that they are 'believed to be armed and dangerous'. It's a pretty common thing for them to say up here as well. I am not saying that they might not have a gun or something. Just that the RCMP themselves have not actually confirmed any kind of weapon.

Well we know two people were shot to death, so logically, these guys appear to be armed.

They can’t confirm anything, because they don’t have eyes on these guys.

I know where my money is though.

Curious @Trooper if you are from Australia how a similar case might play out there with the NSW coppers? .
QUOTE]
edited by me for clarity.

I forgot to answer this bit.

Much the same, because AU coppers, in any state, even a small state like Victoria, or Tasmania, still have vast areas of uninhabited land. The difficulties faced by the RCMP are precisely and not surprisingly, echoed in any AU search, and there have been many of them.

And fugitives here can keep the chase going for years. Have done, and probably will continue to do so, notwithstanding all the technology available, … the Army, the Airforce, drones, you name it, … everything. the only advantage your Northern Territory cop, or your South Australian cop would have would be the assistance of Koori trackers.. Aboriginal men, and sometimes women, who's capacity for 'reading the ground' is phenomenal.

I have been curious as to whether the same skill the first nations people in Canada have are being utilized? then again, muskeg is a whole other thing to dust that the Koori people here can read like a book.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that video! Wonder how the NSW police are faring? Haven't heard a peep from them and would be ever so curious to know what they are thinking about hashtag Canadamanhunt?

I know the Deese family has been having a rough go of it. Media camped out at the service for their daughter. Someone has sent photos of the crime scene to the sisters etc. It’s awful. Apparently there has already been a two hour documentary made about it as well. Not sure if it aired though.

Well we know two people were shot to death, so logically, these guys appear to be armed.

They can’t confirm anything, because they don’t have eyes on these guys.

I know where my money is though.

We know two people were shot and they are SUSPECTS in that case, but that is all. They may not have even killed them.

ETA: I'm still inclined to believe that they may have harmed LD but the other two were killed by someone else.

MOO

I decided last night by the time it was dark and they had not captured them that it was probably not them. JMO

I believe the Bear Clan guy saw someone, I don't know who it was or why they wouldn't come forward, but I can also think of reasons why they would not come forward. Although everyone in the community may know each other, the 3 Bear Clan individuals that went there would not know everyone and would not know if it was a local or not.

No. But they could make a public plea to their kids telling them that whatever happened happened but it’s time to give up, come back and deal with it, no matter how dire the consequences will be that they will try and support them as best as possible though it.

a public plea that their adult sons wonèt see because theyre in the bush

anyway they are psychopaths and could care less what their parents or anyone else have to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj