Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing preventing McLeod or Schmegelsky from getting a gun license. There’s reason to believe that Schmegelsky didn’t have one, but McLeod may have. We just don’t know.

For the reasons explained in earlier posts (see posts 920, 926, 930), it would make very little sense for Fowler to get a license in Canada, and there is zero evidence that he had one.

and zero reason to think he needed one
its just not a thing here, unless one is a hunter or a criminal

or maybe it is more of a thing in BC than where I am in Ontario
but I know no one with a gun

This isn’t a fiction story, one that we just make up as we go.

We could spend all night coming up with ridiculous scenarios in which these two are completely innocent of any crime.

I prefer to follow the facts.

To say that charges have been filed without evidence, is not only wrong, it is absolutely absurd.

We don’t know what they have, but a well respected law enforcement organization like the Mounties, doesn’t file charges for the sake of filing charges.

That requires evidence.

“Sleuthing” isn’t synonymous with “making stuff up.”

What an interesting observation. Of course, in real life, tracking the course of an investigation requires the collection of bits and pieces of verifiable evidence but then, equally importantly, that evidence needs to be interpreted within the reasonable possibilities for their relevance. Wouldn't you agree? And, in determining that relevance, a number of imaginative scenarios must be considered. In many situations, there are actually only a limited number of potential alternatives. It is up to the imaginative scenario builder to establish if the facts support it and, if so, if a suspect should be specifically examined on that basis. MOO of course, but a knowledgeable one.

Thanks for clarifying! That's what I thought - a big headache to take a gun. Realistically, in Canada most people don't need a reason to be packing heat while on a fun trip. I know it probably happens but with this couple I just think doubtful.
Here in Canada we're not allowed to just throw a gun into the truck and drive down the road. So to speak. There's a lot of rules and regulations about guns in Canada. Transporting them, the lock mechanisms, storage, where you're going with them Etc.

Firearms regulation in Canada - Wikipedia

Manhunt for B.C. teen fugitives moves on as RCMP end search in Manitoba First Nation

Split Lake encounter with band constables is certainly credible. They stop ALL vehicles as a policy, but the RAV4 didn't stop. So 2 constables pursued the vehicle and made it stop. They explained the rules about alcohol.

The men apologized and made an excuse that they were looking for gas. Their purchase of only $20 worth of gas was AFTER this encounter. They confirmed the alcohol policy with the clerk.

RCMP must have checked approximate times of these two encounters with the report of vehicle on fire.
1. What puzzles me about the Split lake search by band constables, for alcohol and drugs, is that there is no mention of them finding any firearms, only survival gear, maps, and blankets. I would think that a rifle would be difficult to hide. Do they perhaps have a handgun? But those are harder to acquire.
2. Why does the RCMP not inform the public what type of gun was used in the murders? It would seem to be more helpful to inform the public as to what type of weapons the suspects might be expected to have, rather than merely warning us that they might be armed.

Thanks, I have been looking for Hydro companies plans of where their tunnels/lines run there!
Lots of options but they would have to have supplies and stamina to hit the trails. But if they could do that it could position them to jack a car and get on the road again and put some real distance between themselves and RCMP.

Yup. If they’re alive, they have to emerge at some point.

There’s no telling when, or at this point, where.

This could go on a while.

Imagine that!

Two teenagers have outplayed the army, the RCMP and LE at large.
Going on 2nd week in xxxharsh conditions.

I hope they leave words of how they did it. Only they can write the script.

It would be a slimmest of all chances if Lucas Fowler was armed. His upbringing, essentially, would be of a gun free zone, particularly since his father was a copper in NSW. That's how it works.. they are the most rabid and stringent anti gun folks of all. NSW coppers haven't been carrying guns for that long, either, only about 20 years.. before that, they dealt with stuff by a stern look and a verbal bollocking.

And they still do, out of preference. Something about NSW coppers, they love the shirtfront approach, and they have it down to a fine art. This is what Lucas would have been exposed to most of his life.

for example. ….

Any more warnings to all Canadians? Those seem to have stopped.
Nope. All Canadians are supposed to be vigilant, take precautions to stay safe, let people know what your travel plans are and if you see anything suspicious to not post it on social media but instead to contact the RCMP or your local police.

1. What puzzles me about the Split lake search by band constables, for alcohol and drugs, is that there is no mention of them finding any firearms, only survival gear, maps, and blankets. I would think that a rifle would be difficult to hide. Do they perhaps have a handgun? But those are harder to acquire.
2. Why does the RCMP not inform the public what type of gun was used in the murders? It would seem to be more helpful to inform the public as to what type of weapons the suspects might be expected to have, rather than merely warning us that they might be armed.
I don't recall seeing an RCMP warning that the suspects are armed. I just recall seeing a statement to not approach and to call 911. I'm not certain RCMP knows if the 2 suspects presently have a firearm.

For the reasons explained in earlier posts (see posts 920, 926, 930), it would make very little sense for Fowler to get a license in Canada, and there is zero evidence that he had one.

I don't think Lucas Fowler's status in Canada would have allowed him to obtain a long gun. The probability of him borrowing a rifle or shotgun from the ranch is negligible.

The probability of Kam/Bryer hiding a gun in their camper is astronomical. We will know in the future.

Manhunt for B.C. teen fugitives moves on as RCMP end search in Manitoba First Nation

Split Lake encounter with band constables is certainly credible. They stop ALL vehicles as a policy, but the RAV4 didn't stop. So 2 constables pursued the vehicle and made it stop. They explained the rules about alcohol.

The men apologized and made an excuse that they were looking for gas. Their purchase of only $20 worth of gas was AFTER this encounter. They confirmed the alcohol policy with the clerk.

RCMP must have checked approximate times of these two encounters with the report of vehicle on fire.

See, now this makes sense to me now. They only got $20 gas, because maybe they didn't actually need gas but had to stop for gas now because that's what they said they were doing.... and they ask the clerk for confirmation about no alcohol because they probably were so scared/nervous they didn't hear the constables lol

Imagine that!

Two teenagers have outplayed the army, the RCMP and LE at large.
Going on 2nd week in xxxharsh conditions.

I hope they leave words of how they did it. Only they can write the script.

We don’t know if they’ve actually done anything special.

They’re playing hide and seek, but they have the advantage of a huge head start, and a massive search area.

We don’t know how prepared they are, if they are hunkered down in a warm location, or even if they are still alive.

When all is said and done, we’ll be able to accurately judge how impressive this feat was.

RE split lake search and firearms

From the report I read didn't seem like an exhaustive search, and even implied there were boxes that werent checked. I'm not really picturing them going through with a fine tooth comb, prolly just a quick look see to make sure the trunk wasnt full of liquor. I dont even imagine they would have had to get out of the car.

And I mean IDK about y'all but seems to make perfect sense they would take some elementary precautions to hide their alleged murder weapon.

It would be a slimmest of all chances if Lucas Fowler was armed. His upbringing, essentially, would be of a gun free zone, particularly since his father was a copper in NSW. That's how it works.. they are the most rabid and stringent anti gun folks of all. NSW coppers haven't been carrying guns for that long, either, only about 20 years.. before that, they dealt with stuff by a stern look and a verbal bollocking.

And they still do, out of preference. Something about NSW coppers, they love the shirtfront approach, and they have it down to a fine art. This is what Lucas would have been exposed to most of his life.

for example. ….

Very interesting perspective.

for example. ….

Thanks for posting that video! Wonder how the NSW police are faring? Haven't heard a peep from them and would be ever so curious to know what they are thinking about hashtag Canadamanhunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami