Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only seen media articles concerned about public safety, i.e., not letting the public know that there was a shooter on the Alaska Highway. No one was demanding that murder victims be identified to the public sooner. This is one of those straw man arguments. The problem was in holding back the fact that two people had been shot dead, and this in the peak of tourist season, in a place where police are hours away.

There is another problem with continuing to tell the public that the murder of LD was not related to the two shooting deaths, but this is not mentioned as much. Instead of saying it was not related, they could have said they didn't know yet, but be careful out there.

I think the handling of this will become a political football in parliament in the fall. It's a federal election year, and this is bound to happen. The RCMP fall under the federal public safety minister's responsibility.

No one knew that there was a shooter on the loose. It was equally possible that the murders were related to a love triangle, so there was no reason to assume the worst before the facts were known. As I've said, if the vehicle could have been connected to the victims, the investigation would have moved a lot faster.

This is not a political football. Police said the investigation was "fluid" and we know that they need to confirm facts before they make announcements. That is exactly what happened.

If you want to blame someone for the delay in the identification of the victims and therefore the delay in the release of facts, blame the suspects. They removed all ID from the victims.

Right! Thinking about this also. Was working at Walmart just a cover for lifting items?

If this ‘adventure’ was planned for a while then yes, quite possibly. And the CCTV footage released seemed like they were walking around looking for something to pilfer.

It’s hard to know because Schmegelsky’s Dad saying they got a “first job after graduation” isn’t true. What else is untrue?

Life is so weird in a six-degrees-of-separation kind of way. Turns out this guy and I have a common Facebook friend he tags. So me -> FB friend -> the former Sudbury guy in Cold Lake -> triple murder suspects. I’m available to the RCMP for any questions. LOL

The world is such a small place sometimes. :)

Thanks for sharing as we need a little side break from the frustration of this case every now and then.

When Laci Peterson disappeared, roughly 20 years ago, there were numerous tips and sightings of her up and down the West coast long after she was lying at the bottom of the ocean. The tips were not confirmed.

Does that mean that she was in those places and at the bottom of the ocean at the same time, or does it mean that the sightings were not credible?

They remained credible (and police continued following up on some of them) until she was found. Laci is actually a really good example of police going back, again and again, to various places where there seemed to be concentrations of sightings (and there was a woman who resembled her, who often walked her dog, not far from where Laci lived). So, in this case, one would think that the RCMP would treat this with enough credibility to at least continue monitoring the area and thinking about what might happen next.

You cannot say something is not credible until facts regarding the whereabouts of missing persons/fugitives are known. Think about Madeline McCann. Was it credible to think she was in Morocco/Algeria? Was she? Was it pointless to go look?

You can't prove a negative. And again, perhaps we differ on our basic approaches to how humans operate in the world. I am going to give the residents of York Landing some benefit of the doubt. They did not hoax the RCMP until there is proof that they did. The person who saw two figures at the dump saw something. IMO.

If I were in a conversation with the RCMP, I certainly would put forward that idea that, having shown up one time in a remote location, clearly running out of resources, these suspects will show up again. Be ready. They haven't been seen for quite a while. RCMP should also be prepared for more unconfirmed sightings, but they should continue to treat tipsters with respect and investigate each one.

Because, you know, if they don't, if people go directly to "those three witnesses are not credible," then there will be far fewer witnesses willing to call in. AFAIK, LE is calling the tip "credible" but "unconfirmed." I think they are also realizing that they can't search the entire area between YL and G, or even a fraction of it. FLIR flyovers are costly, risky, and more useful when a smaller area is known. The aircraft are loud and give time for suspects to go to ground. At this point, there are budgetary constraints, which is why RCMP are pulling out of G.

It would be very sad if even one witness to the whereabouts of these two refrained from contacting LE due to being thought "not credible" after the tip. It was credible all along, and should be (two figures at a dump in that region, matching the overall description, is credible).

So who WERE the 2 thin tall young white men seen by Bear Clan at the dump, one wearing a camo jacket, rummaging through the dump (something locals apparently don’t do)? And then running into the woods when spotted, which also seems suspect?

Just because the RCMP couldn’t find the people sighted doesn’t mean the sighting wasn’t credible, IMO.

RCMP said the sighting couldn't be substantiated. They were only seen from behind.

My new feeling is one will not make it and one will. I don’t know why. I just have felt this way since yesterday. I don’t know who will be alive or dead but I think this will have one surrender or make easier to find. Jmo and all that jazz

I see kam as the leader bryer as the follower. In the photo of the two leaving the store, bryer’s facial expression looked surprised, maybe that he was getting away with stealing something. Jmo

'Survivorman' Les Stroud says B.C. murder suspects' chance of survival depends on skill
rbbm.
“If they are completely uninitiated into what it’s like to be out in the bush at this time of year, in the kind of bush that they’re in, then they can be up against horrific situations,” Stroud told CTV News Channel on Friday. “On the other hand, if they’re highly skilled, they grew up hunting and fishing and tripping out in the woods, they may know a great deal of how to handle what’s going on out there.

“It will come down to what their past skill level is, but again if their past skill level is scant, then you have thousands of opportunities for it to go very wrong for them,” Stroud explained."

“It’s actually quite brutal. It’s one thing to camp, it’s one thing to have kit. It’s another thing to just be trying to exist and survive,” the survivalist said. “This is not the Cook Islands. You can’t walk over to a coconut tree or swim in the ocean and gather some clams. It doesn’t work like that.”

"Stroud said several things come into play and whether the suspects have “hunting implements and ways to get out the rain, away from the bugs?”

“That changes everything, so a lot of variables.”

Gillam Mayor Dwayne Forman also noticed the insect problem saying the bugs “are atrocious through swamps,” while the RCMP has acknowledge the conditions have been difficult for police officers as well".

I still believe the chances are high that they are no longer alive, with no actual believable, now to me, confirmed sightings of them for weeks. However, if they are alive, given their young ages, their unworldliness, they will eventually have to come out of the woodwork and integrate back in to society on some level, mingling with the general population, even if not with any members of their families - No Man Is An Island applies... Someone, somewhere at some time will recognise them and call in a tip and then hopefully justice will be served.

Have to agree. Something does not add up.

What doesn’t add up about it? Cold Lake is a military forces base, also in an area with oil and gas resources. That makes for a good portion of its population living there because they are either stationed or employed there. For that reason it’s not necessarily a place they call “home”.

So my take on things is, as B's father suggested, he is on a "suicide mission". I believe this will be (if it hasn't already) the end result for the 2 of them. They are millenials, hailing from a pulp mill town (where limited jobs like clerks at Walmart don't appeal to them). They for-see no real future for themselves and B, in particular, has expressed violent scenarios to acquaintances. Not sure if they really intended to go to Whitehorse (some references mention Alberta) to look for work. I rather think they wanted to travel somewhere less inhabited to carry out killings (for the fantasy, thrill, experience) of it and stall LE in the wake. All for the notoriety of it, knowing it would captivate an entire country (and others). They will not let themselves be captured. There is no way they would let themselves go to prison. This entire thing is just another "game", to leave everyone guessing. They want it that way so the puzzle will never be solved and people will speculate for quite some time. They got way more than 15 minutes of fame already!
I agree they will not be captured alive.
Also FWIW people keep calling them millennials, but they’re actually Gen Z. All about technology! Not so much about living in the bush...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member