Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one was seen at the dump.

People at York Landing thought that the suspects could follow the hydro lines from Fox Lake Cree Nation (where the vehicle was burned) to York Landing, and that no one was protecting them. They were so afraid that the Bear Clan was asked to go from Winnipeg to the community to help them feel safe. As soon as the Bear Clan arrived, residents reported that the suspects were in the area.

Just because fearful people imagine that a bear is a person, it doesn't mean the claim is credible.
I think it would be odd that two bears would be traveling together. They tend to be solitary creatures, other than mothers and cubs of course, but these two "bears" were said to be a similar height and weight. Even stranger would be the fact that one bear was wearing a camo jacket and the other a grey sweatshirt.

That makes sense. I imagine distribution would be very difficult. How frequently does mail run to remote northern communities?

Can't speak to York Landing - likely pretty regular as it is accessible by road. For fly-in communities, typically a mail run once a week. Get's more frequent when the winter roads become accessible.

Good footage. Having flown in that area in a bush plane, I can confirm other reports that a lot of that open ground is muskeg.
So it looks like it's all muskeg there, essentially eliminating using the "open space" under the power lines as a foot route to get from place to place without being spotted from the road or from the train?

Since we keep speculating on newspapers being a target at the dump, what would be the local paper for Yorks Landing? Also I wonder if they get their editions slightly late due to the remoteness if it isn't produced in town?

I get my local paper a day late since I don't live in town, so I could see theirs being delayed as well.

To the extent that people would read physical newspapers, it would be the Thompson Citizen, Winnipeg Free Press and Winnipeg Sun.

The Band Council may get copies of each, delayed a few days, but I would think that people are more likely to use Xplornet or similar satellite internet. Satellite is expensive, but not if shared. There may even be a central computer room for community access.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some things to remember.

There is little to no cell service in these areas, if its anything like Northern Ontario, you have a heck of a time. Assuming they still even have cell phones or access to a charged one. On top of that they dont have access to TV. Many hunting cabins and camping cabins don't have those things. So having said all that I doubt they know anything regarding the search for them. Maybe the last time they had access to radio was when they had the RAV4 also assuming they have no current vehicle. If they had cell phones the police could potentially track them that way but as I said above I doubt they have anything of that sort anymore. I'm grasping here of course, they are young people, maybe they packed a bunch of battery chargers. All I'm getting at is at this point unless they have a place to stay, they probably have no idea what is going on in the news.

A lot of people wear camo.

Yes, camo is common. However two men were seen and they were described as being very tall and skinny. They've both been described as being 6'4". What are the odds of seeing two very tall, skinny men in that location when a massive manhunt is underway and one was wearing a camo shirt when they were last sighted in a store.

I think it would be odd that two bears would be traveling together. They tend to be solitary creatures, other than mothers and cubs of course, but these two "bears" were said to be a similar height and weight. Even stranger would be the fact that one bear was wearing a camo jacket and the other a grey sweatshirt.

Was it ever actually said one was wearing camo?

Cold Lake sighting described in more detail. The man's sister-in-law first noticed the RAV4 around 9AM on July 21.

So they probably spent July 20/21 night in that field, causing tires to sink in the mud.

My hunch is that they also spent July 19/20 and July 21/22 nights far away from the roads, to avoid police checks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/former-sudbury-man-unknowingly-helps-murder-suspects-1.5229940?__vfz=medium=sharebar

Mom and dad told them to go on a joy ride, and they guess they missed MacDonalds? Joking around.

Here's Cold Lake ... just before they were reported to RCMP getting gas in Meadow Lake.

upload_2019-7-30_10-33-40.png

Last edited:
Here are some things to remember.

There is little to no cell service in these areas, if its anything like Northern Ontario, you have a heck of a time. Assuming they still even have cell phones or access to a charged one. On top of that they dont have access to TV. Many hunting cabins and camping cabins don't have those things. So having said all that I doubt they know anything regarding the search for them. Maybe the last time they had access to radio was when they had the RAV4 also assuming they have no current vehicle. If they had cell phones the police could potentially track them that way but as I said above I doubt they have anything of that sort anymore. I'm grasping here of course, they are young people, maybe they packed a bunch of battery chargers. All I'm getting at is at this point unless they have a place to stay, they probably have no idea what is going on in the news.

There might be the equivalent of KNet there. Data can be spotty in places like Sachigo, but for the most part it works.

Yeah its possible the sightings were real but maybe just someone else there that was up to no good like putting out bait to later try and poach a bear or something.
So there are a few alternatives that could explain the alleged sighting.

One alternative is that two local men intentionally created the York Landing diversion. Sort of like the occasional firefighter who started the fire himself.

It's probably Kam, as it looks like he's the one that does the taking for the duo. I suspect he's got a built-in masters degree in confabulation.
Haha that's a great line about the master's degree!

I also figured it was coming from the calmer of the two. BS seems generally more nervous. Could be for several reasons, but some of it might just be personality. As I've mentioned before, I'm a fidgeter and kind of high strung. I like being around people who are calmer than me. If I'm around someone else who is nervous, we feed off each other and can get hysterical.

I've long thought they found something in each other that they felt they lacked at home. I think KM's homelife was very appealing to BS because it was so much more stable and nice than his own, and I wonder if KM's seemingly calmer personality is also something he relies on.

All MOO.

Oh dear... a little levity goes a long way. Still giggling over this one. Thanks for the laugh. I fear this trail, like the suspects, is very cold. Either done in by the elements and terrain or hiding out somewhere far East of Gillam.

Is that how officials use language in Canada or is this just your usage?

Because many credible tips and sightings (in any crime) are unconfirmed. That usually means the tip or observation is written down in a report, but there is no other forensic evidence. Doesn’t mean that the tipster or observer is wrong, necessarily.

The tips in this case are probably not incredible.
Thank you for this. I have specifically read that the sighting was credible but not confirmed. It not being confirmed does not cancel out that it was credible. Still credible, just not confirmed.

That's odd

People were speculating way back (this thread moves fast!) about visible roof damage to the camper - as in maybe they had an accident, rolled it on the highway, panicked, stole LD’s car etc. However, the second burning vehicle was clearly rolled, presumably by the tow truck. There’s no indication either vehicle was in an accident prior to being set on fire. Damage was caused by either heat or a tow truck rolling the vehicle. As I mentioned, their priority with a burning or hot vehicle is to get it away from trees ASAP.

So it looks like it's all muskeg there, essentially eliminating using the "open space" under the power lines as a foot route to get from place to place without being spotted from the road or from the train?

Clint Sawchuk, a Gillam, Manitoba Hydro electrician and outfitter, has been quoted twice in media to the effect that traversing the hydro lines route would be extremely difficult.

Brutal? The family could not have an open casket funeral because of injuries to her head. One bullet could be the cause. Any gunshot is brutal.

Those are the words that were used in a number of articles.

“The injuries inflicted were so “brutal”, Ms Deese’s heartbroken brother said the family was told an open casket would not be allowed at her funeral.”

Killer ‘still on the loose’ with headstart

There might be the equivalent of KNet there. Data can be spotty in places like Sachigo, but for the most part it works.

That's still assuming they have anything that is charged or works. In a news story that I can't remember because this thread is moving fast someone mentioned they found a burned computer in the first burned truck. So perhaps they only have cell phones. Lugging a computer that doesn't work on foot is probably not something they would do. But once again I'm reaching with all of this.

Those are the words that were used in a number of articles.

“The injuries inflicted were so “brutal”, Ms Deese’s heartbroken brother said the family was told an open casket would not be allowed at her funeral.”

Killer ‘still on the loose’ with headstart
Thanks, it's important to remember that the killing of Lucas and Chynna seems to have had a rage or an emotion component to it that exceeded a simple robbery.

This is what makes dealing with these two more than just a couple of stupid teenagers.

There is a psychopathic component to the brutality. Let's not forget that.

So my take on things is, as B's father suggested, he is on a "suicide mission". I believe this will be (if it hasn't already) the end result for the 2 of them. They are millenials, hailing from a pulp mill town (where limited jobs like clerks at Walmart don't appeal to them). They for-see no real future for themselves and B, in particular, has expressed violent scenarios to acquaintances. Not sure if they really intended to go to Whitehorse (some references mention Alberta) to look for work. I rather think they wanted to travel somewhere less inhabited to carry out killings (for the fantasy, thrill, experience) of it and stall LE in the wake. All for the notoriety of it, knowing it would captivate an entire country (and others). They will not let themselves be captured. There is no way they would let themselves go to prison. This entire thing is just another "game", to leave everyone guessing. They want it that way so the puzzle will never be solved and people will speculate for quite some time. They got way more than 15 minutes of fame already!
IMHO they are too self absorbed to off themselves or let injury, illness, or starvation take them.

Hope this link is fine..Thinking of BS's father and his comment about camouflage.
Father Of Teen Linked To Lucas Fowler's Death Says They're "Trained In War & Camouflage"
https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-use-camouflage-effectively-Do-camouflaged-clothes-actually-work
main-qimg-d88ecf72a8a32c331710b5f0ff225253-c

main-qimg-9b19c859b217ecf8e74f9e19e99139ac-c

main-qimg-161b6cb47a23aa40852a0c0fa3839743-c

main-qimg-d03dfdfda2df4afc071376c160fdc925-c

main-qimg-d790b4ef80f57144f10a520a243fcc23-c

"See how hard it is noticing them? That’s how camo works when employed nicely."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online