Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All very good points. Of course, in this case, the defense will point out that LE itself must have had some doubts about the murder charges for Lucas and Chynna, since they didn’t file them right away (and didn’t immediately warn the public that there was a general threat). The initial evidence didn’t point to B and K.

So, there needs to be a balance. Naturally in this case, 99% of the public already has them convicted, so it’ll be an uphill defense battle for sure.

They still haven’t charged them for Fowler and Deese though. First they were in the news as missing and then next thing they were wanted for the murder of three people. It’s only been the last 4-5 days that I’ve seen them being referred to as suspects in Fowler and Deese. I’m not sure if the discrepancy is due to sloppy reporting or a backpedaling of certainty.

And say if he did come forward, they wouldn't report that?

When LE ask for someone to come forward and then don’t repeat the request, why would they need to report he came forward? To me it would seem obvious they’re no longer looking for that man in relation to the murders considering almost immediately after they named the two teens suspects.

Before the sighting at the dump, I thought they might be dead. However, I find the sighting very credible thus very much alive indeed.
RCMP dismissing the sighting is equal to RCMP failing to follow through and establish a perimeter around the very precise location of the sighting. Of course, they were searching 200kms away at the time but how hard can it be with all manners of flying machines at their disposal to get onsite quickly?
That was a failure to act from RCMP which they prefer to describe as a dismissed sighting. Believe who you will.

I don’t have a problem with how they handled this latest search.

They responded quickly, brought in a ton of resources, and scoured the area from the air and ground.

I continue to believe that sighting was false, and if they were there, we wouldn’t see this draw down.

There’s no easy way out.

They may have felt like 300 miles was far enough.

The question is what they were doing during those 5 days.
That's my question too? If they supposedly killed l&c they didn't run across the country like they supposedly did after the murder of LD. They stayed in the area..... After the murder of LD they fled all the way across the country. Then they supposedly toldthe man in Cold Lake what their names were. Then they were sighted in a couple stores along the way to Gillam and videos have been taken of them . This just does not add up there's definitely a bunch of things missing that the police have not said to the public. All we're doing is taking a few pieces and trying to complete a puzzle with them. And I'll bet all of our theories are pretty much way off. :)

They just tweeted this, addressing the DM article I suppose...

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb 6m6 minutes ago
There are currently inaccurate reports that a RCMP officer saw the suspects in Split Lake last week during a checkstop. The individual is a Split Lake First Nations Safety Officer, and is not a police officer with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. #rcmpmb

I don’t think not running immediately after allegedly murdering LF and CD necessarily proves they were uninvolved. Somewhere there’s a photo of roadside digital board posted in the area by the RCMP asking for the public’s assistance to provide any dash-cam footage July 14/15th taken near Laird Hot Springs. What if at that point they became frightened about their fairly distinctive truck and camper being identified?
Oh no I never said or implied that they had nothing to do with Lucas and Chynna's deaths. I just find it extremely odd that they stayed in the area for 5 days after supposedly killing them.

They still haven’t charged them for Fowler and Deese though. First they were in the news as missing and then next thing they were wanted for the murder of three people. It’s only been the last 4-5 days that I’ve seen them being referred to as suspects in Fowler and Deese. I’m not sure if the discrepancy is due to sloppy reporting or a backpedaling of certainty.

During one of the numerous PCs by the RCMP’s Comminations Officer, she said the file was still being concluded in preparation for the Judge to sign off the charges against the two suspects. Maybe they’re awaiting toxicology results which often take awhile, we don’t know. But as the suspects haven’t yet been captured I think they’re not facing any tight time constraints. The RCMP have already stated the two are suspects in the murders of LF and CD.

During on the PCs the Comminations Officer said the file was still being concluded in preparation for the Judge to sign off the charges against the two suspects. Maybe they’re awaiting toxicology results which often take awhile, we don’t know. But as the suspects haven’t yet been captured I think they’re not facing any tight time constraints. The RCMP have already stated the two are suspects in the murders of LF and CD.

I read this as well, they want to file the charges but they have to wait... red tape.

They just tweeted this, addressing the DM article I suppose...

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb 6m6 minutes ago
There are currently inaccurate reports that a RCMP officer saw the suspects in Split Lake last week during a checkstop. The individual is a Split Lake First Nations Safety Officer, and is not a police officer with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. #rcmpmb

And as I posted yesterday, the federal government profile for the Band says specifically that there is no police detachment, RCMP or otherwise.

The double murder victims were identified on July 18. July 19 it hit the news. July 19 there was a 3rd victim.

Was the story picked up because the first 2 victims were tourists and the murders appeared random? That seems more likely, especially since RCMP could not connect the first 2 murder with the 3rd murder for a few days.

I think it was picked up because Fowler’s family said how violently the pair died. The father said he didn’t think it wasn’t a serial killer but rather someone who was violent cold blooded killer. When that started being mentioned people started demanding to know more.

Please do not speak for everyone.
The fact that there is a massive manhunt for these 2 killers tells me all I need to know. Charges laid now or later won't change a thing in my belief that LE is looking for the right people.
Your choice to believe what you want but don't think for one instant that the public at large shares your views.
I read what cop kid wrote and I don't think that person is speaking for everyone. And I didn't get that impression from what they wrote either.
And K&B have not been charged their only wanted on suspicion of. Not for the murder of.
Nowhere in any article that I've come across has a police said that they're wanted for the killing of c and L. Only in suspicion and connection with the murders of C L.

Chief of Canadian town says serial killer suspects were 'startled'

'There was a sighting of the two males fitting the description at our local landfill,' Chief Constant said. 'Travis Bighetty from the Bear Clan was the one who reported the sighting to us and called the RCMP [Royal Canadian Mounted Police].'

'I believe the vehicle startled them and they ran into the bush,' the Chief added. 'The description he gave them was that they weren't carrying any backpacks, and he didn't see any indication that they were armed.'

[...]

'Me and another male Bear Clan member man were driving around on the west side of the reserve,' said Bighetty. 'One of our members was keen to spot a bear, because there's bears in the area that are near a garbage dump. We went to that location. After a certain house nobody goes past that point because of the bears.

'We turned around at the loading docks and were making our way back east, coming down the hill we saw two individuals that matched the description of the BC [British Columbia] suspects,' he said.

'They were very tall, very lean, male-looking individuals. We couldn't see their faces. They were young and slender males. They weren't even running then, they were scuffling along.

'We couldn't see if they had anything in their hands. If they did it was small. No rifle that we could see.'

At first Bighetty thought little of the two men, but when they drove away and saw they didn't have a vehicle, his suspicions were aroused.

'My initial thought was that they were sewage workers, working around the clock. But when we didn't see a truck we turned around and surveyed the area,' he said.

'Then we saw them run into the treeline. The forestry around here is very dense so we didn't follow, we stopped and called it in. We got hold of one of the constables and called the RCMP.

'We believe they heard our vehicle approaching and that's what made them hurry away. They lightly jogged, they looked like they were scrambling, going from one direction to another.' Bighetty said the response from RCMP was swift, with heavily armed officers arriving within an hour.

16643276-7297733-image-a-1_1564424072983.jpg

When LE ask for someone to come forward and then don’t repeat the request, why would they need to report he came forward? To me it would seem obvious they’re no longer looking for that man in relation to the murders considering almost immediately after they named the two teens suspects.

Well the story and the sketch are all over North America at least. I'd sure want my name cleared it my sketch appeared worldwide.

Chief of Canadian town says serial killer suspects were 'startled'

'There was a sighting of the two males fitting the description at our local landfill,' Chief Constant said. 'Travis Bighetty from the Bear Clan was the one who reported the sighting to us and called the RCMP [Royal Canadian Mounted Police].'

'I believe the vehicle startled them and they ran into the bush,' the Chief added. 'The description he gave them was that they weren't carrying any backpacks, and he didn't see any indication that they were armed.'

[...]

'Me and another male Bear Clan member man were driving around on the west side of the reserve,' said Bighetty. 'One of our members was keen to spot a bear, because there's bears in the area that are near a garbage dump. We went to that location. After a certain house nobody goes past that point because of the bears.

'We turned around at the loading docks and were making our way back east, coming down the hill we saw two individuals that matched the description of the BC [British Columbia] suspects,' he said.

'They were very tall, very lean, male-looking individuals. We couldn't see their faces. They were young and slender males. They weren't even running then, they were scuffling along.

'We couldn't see if they had anything in their hands. If they did it was small. No rifle that we could see.'

At first Bighetty thought little of the two men, but when they drove away and saw they didn't have a vehicle, his suspicions were aroused.

'My initial thought was that they were sewage workers, working around the clock. But when we didn't see a truck we turned around and surveyed the area,' he said.

'Then we saw them run into the treeline. The forestry around here is very dense so we didn't follow, we stopped and called it in. We got hold of one of the constables and called the RCMP.

'We believe they heard our vehicle approaching and that's what made them hurry away. They lightly jogged, they looked like they were scrambling, going from one direction to another.' Bighetty said the response from RCMP was swift, with heavily armed officers arriving within an hour.

16643276-7297733-image-a-1_1564424072983.jpg

This is a very specific and credible sounding account.

I do believe they saw what they claimed to see.

I guess it wasn’t them though.

The strangest thing about that news item was that the witness said the suspects gave their full names. Who does that? Usually, when you meet a stranger, you volunteer your first name, not your full name.
Guessing that they gave their full names to test the good Samaritan's reaction.
If he showed shock or fear, bad things might have happened to him..
They may also want people/family to know that they are still alive.
imo, speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member