Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fowler and Deese were found by civilians on a remote stretch of highway on July 15 at 7:20 p.m. The police apparently arrived at about 11:00 pm, and by 11:00 a.m. the next morning, probably having worked through the night, the RCMP issued a statement that its “Major Crimes Unit” had been brought in to investigate the deaths.

The key thing was to get out a bulletin. At that point, the RCMP had no way of knowing “what kind of people were involved” or “scenarios” to look out for. Indeed, the people who ultimately became suspects were initially thought to be missing.

It is completely beyond me what there is to criticize about this.
I thought they were spotted alive and well until they late hours of Sunday the 14th and found dead by a highway supervisor in the early morning hours Monday. The supervisor sent another worker to the scene to await the arrival of RCMP which as I recall took a few hours due to the remoteness of the location.

I apologize for my misunderstanding. :)
It's getting really muddled in here. There are facts and then their theories and then there's people ideas. And I think the facts and the theories and people's ideas are all getting twisted.
Some theories are becoming facts and some of the facts are becoming intertwined with theories.
It would have been really cool to have a thread that listed all the facts. And then a thread the people could throw out their theories in. Because this is just getting to be confusing on what's fact and what's fiction.
That's my opinion anyway.

That's odd

He said it was pushed into a ditch and flames were almost touching the wires above. They were worried about it causing a forest fire. There’s a chance they somehow pulled it onto the dirt road area in an effort to prevent it catching bush around it on fire, but that detail just didn’t get mentioned on the article. Or it was tipped over to tow it out, then the picture of it on the roof was taken and shared.

Looks like I have to do this piece-meal style...
My thoughts: 1) I find myself vacillating between believing they were responsible for the murders of the Chynna and Lucas and thinking their first (and only) victim was LD. Though somehow found to be connect to the first incident, I believe there is a reason they have only been charged for the second one. Their possible motivation seems to be key in connecting the two incidents. I also wonder if it were truly some sort of murder spree, why stop at the professor, when there were many other opportunities that must have presented themselves along the way. (Was the murder weapon jettisoned along with their first vehicle, perhaps?)

I read what cop kid wrote and I don't think that person is speaking for everyone. And I didn't get that impression from what they wrote either.
And K&B have not been charged their only wanted on suspicion of. Not for the murder of.
Nowhere in any article that I've come across has a police said that they're wanted for the killing of c and L. Only in suspicion and connection with the murders of C L.

Police will never say anyone is wanted for killing because that assumes the accused must be guilty of the murder. Police-speak always include the element of uncertainty - suspicion of, or suspected of. The reason is everyone is presumed innocent until being proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law.

Melissa Tait‏Verified account @meltait
Some shared a @MailOnline story that inaccurately reports an RCMP officer stopped the suspects in #SplitLake. It was a band constable for the local community at an alcohol checkpoint. Details in @RenataDAliesio’s story: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-rcmp-descend-on-york-landing-man-after-credible-tip-on-bc-murder/ … #YorkLanding #Canadamanhunt

EAusfR0XoAAsShW.jpg

7:18 AM - 30 Jul 2019 PST

And, obviously, police in Canada are mostly armed. Just look at our photos. The band constables are not. They’re similar to auxiliary or volunteer fire fighters as An example. Working within some indigenous communities. Tataskweyak Cree Nation (Split Lake) is a dry community.

7:21 AM - 30 Jul 2019 pst

Also it was the day before the men were named as suspects. Read the Globe story for the details.

7:48 AM - 30 Jul 2019 from pst

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
There are currently inaccurate reports that a RCMP officer saw the suspects in Split Lake last week during a checkstop. The individual is a Split Lake First Nations Safety Officer, and is not a police officer with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. #rcmpmb

11:41 AM - 30 Jul 2019 pst

ETA: Hopefully it's cleared up now -- it was First Nation Safety Officer, and not RCMP that stopped teens when they missed a checkstop at Split Lake last week.

Last edited:
Found a timeline here that delineates how the first two murders were reported to the public by the police and consequently by the media outside B.C. TV news, for anyone who followed it, also used "suspicious death". This is just one example.

'HE'S ON A SUICIDE MISSION': Dad on man wanted in B.C. slayings

For anyone who wants to know, the federal Minister of Public Safety is ultimately where responsibility for the RCMP, and domestic security, rests. His name is Ralph Goodale, and he has been interviewed often with regard to this case. He made the request to bring in the military.

Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness - Wikipedia

The position was nominally created in December 2003 and incorporated the responsibilities associated with the Solicitor General, including responsibility for the federal prison system (Correctional Service of Canada), the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Parole Board of Canada, and the Canadian Security Intelligence Service.[2] The position also assumed responsibility for the Canada Border Services Agency upon that agency's formation in December 2003.

2) Is there anything specific tying them to the first murders that we are privy to?)
I seem to recall a report stating LD had been shot, but I cannot find that source again, so perhaps it was not accurate. But, if he was shot, I would assume ballistics could be compared between the two crime scenes... if he wasn’t shot, then I begin to wonder if he wasn’t accidentally hit or something and the boys panicked (though maybe because they had just “gotten away” with murdering two people and now had an incident harder to run from - potential damage to the car from the impact etc.)

When they stopped in Sask. did they use a credit card of one of the victims?

It is kind of weird that they announced exactly when they would be leaving and on what ferry.

Yeah that bothered me too and is what made me think they were "fibbing" about that to try to make the 2 suspects think they really left when really they may have a few key people stationed at both locations still.

Normally LE will not give away their tactics like that without being more general about it. They went as far as giving counts and even mentioned that most leaving that night and 10 others would leave York Landing in the morning (would be this morning). That is way specific.

It came across to me as a ruse to try to flush out the 2 individuals.

Police will never say anyone is wanted for killing because that assumes the accused must be guilty of the murder. Police-speak always include the element of uncertainty - suspicion of, or suspected of. The reason is everyone is presumed innocent until being proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law.
Agreed but the police have posted to the media and public that K & B have been already charged with second-degree murder of LD. And that K & B are murder suspects of L and C.
It's actually hard to piece together because the media also twist words around.

3) I don’t see the use in discussing/arguing about the couple’s van registration etc. That really doesn’t play into things, IMO.

I also think while it’s possible they may have had help from a relative or close friend at some point (I don’t think they did, however), it’s pretty implausible that they have minions walking around dump sites in remote communities to distract the RCMP or light cars on for for them.

The Bear Clan is pretty reputable. I believe they saw someone or something and did the right thing in reporting it. Now, generally speaking, a local would know better to go to the dump (where bears frequent) without a truck or some other means to get away quickly. But I can see some bored kids looking to get into trouble (maybe not realising the degree of trouble they might cause if someone spotted them).

Be aware that this is a Daily Mail story, by the same LA freelancer whose Tweets are not allowed here, and who made the claim, now fully retracted by the Daily Mail, that two Skip Lake Band bylaw guys are RCMP officers.

In this story, the freelancer says that Mr. Bighetty gave an interview to DailyMailTV. So far, DailyMailTV does not show this alleged interview, only a very brief print quote that could have come from any number of sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is deception, let’s just hope that no Twitter reporter blows their cover.
Not sure a deception would do any good. There is no cell service, they don't have a TV or radio, and I doubt they are buying newspapers, so how would the get this news?

I get the feeling they were at the dump. A little too much of a coincidence that two tall slender males would be spotted, then book it in to the woods. No possible reason for anybody else to do that as there is not really much that you can do that is illegal at a dump.

4) I have little experience in the far North, but I have been to Thompson, The Pas and taken the train up to Churchill. Muskeg, depending on time of year, can make foot prints hard to track. It can also act like quicksand a bit, but on first glance, you might think traversing it would be no problem. I think this is why they got the RAV4 stuck. The train does travel VERY slowly due to the muskeg - granted I haven’t been on the rail line since it was repaired. I recall stopping in what seemed like the middle of nowhere - no exaggeration - to pick up a passenger standing on the edge of the bush waiting for a ride. Lots of opportunity to jump aboard, but Churchill wouldn’t be an easy place to disappear, so I don’t think that’s what happened.

Now I’m headed up North (though not THAT far up North) to go camping and hope we get no surprises!

That said, I very much believe they met the demise in some way already and we will never know for sure what happened.

FINALLY, thank-you to everyone for your thoughts and insights!

Not sure a deception would do any good. There is no cell service, they don't have a TV or radio, and I doubt they are buying newspapers, so how would the get this news?

I get the feeling they were at the dump. A little too much of a coincidence that two tall slender males would be spotted, then book it in to the woods. No possible reason for anybody else to do that as there is not really much that you can do that is illegal at a dump.

Yes. But if they were ever there, it doesn’t explain law enforcement’s withdrawal.

There really isn’t anywhere for them to go.

It also doesn’t explain the continued presence in Gillam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay