Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although, local media were reporting the deaths the next day, July 16: Two people found dead south of Liard River Hotsprings - Energeticcity.ca

But things are getting murky, and I can't recall when the big media outlets like CBC or CTV picked up the story.

Fantastic! That means that all tourists in the area had access to the information on July 16 if they were interested in local news. I became aware of the news on July 19, after the identities of the victims were released.

The initial RCMP statement that I have in front of me is dated the morning of July 16, three days before Dyck was killed, and says that the first two deaths were being handled by the RCMP’s “Major Crimes Unit”.

That's all that is needed to inform tourists about local events. Most tourists probably don't listen to the news, but it is their choice to not listen to local news.

I get the feeling they were at the dump. A little too much of a coincidence that two tall slender males would be spotted, then book it in to the woods. No possible reason for anybody else to do that as there is not really much that you can do that is illegal at a dump.

Could've just been a couple of kids messing around for fun, or smoking or something and didn't want their parents to know, could have been some people doing or dealing drugs, people like that probably wouldn't come forward... it could've been anything... could've been no one there at all and the witnesses just mistook something else for people.

Reading the article regarding the medic who was called to secure the scene I think the reporter declined to write what Mr Pierre said about Chynna Deese or perhaps Mr Pierre couldn’t bring himself to say anything more.

View attachment 195871
Also, there are several video interview clips of Mr. Pierre previously linked where he's given a few more details. MOO

You can't just offer your gun to someone for their use. Just no.

As yet don’t know why the van had Alberta plates either. It’s not totally out of the realm that it just wasn’t a big deal to either party. It was not being transported illegally across borders, it wasn’t intended to be involved in illegal arms trade and the two weren’t setting off on a murder spree. They were heading to the remote north country only for a brief, leisurely vacation.
JMO

ETA
If it’s true the rear van window was broken out from the inside, what else would explain how that could’ve possibly occurred?

Last edited:
That's all that is needed to inform tourists about local events. Most tourists probably don't listen to the news, but it is their choice to not listen to local news.
This guy heard about it, but wasn’t concerned based on the language law enforcement used:

Peter Woof of Dease Lake said he had been visiting Liard Hot Springs days before news of the bodies came out, but police language was so vague he wondered if the pair had somehow succumbed to heat exhaustion from the springs.

"Certainly nothing to make one a little more alert," he said.

This was a former detective’s take on it:

Echoing RCMP, Bryan said it's important to keep aspects of investigations private so as not to tip off suspects to police plans or potential evidence that could be used in pursuing charges.

But, he added, "I think calling a murder a suspicious death lowers the alert level of the public, and I don't understand that at all."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/police-privacy-public-homicide-1.5227535

It’d be crazy if the Texas guy was in the jeep and actually did the shooting. He was seen there at 11:30 pm on July 14th. What are the chances the boys passed by after that?

Could it be a local in the jeep and he's mad that people camp along the highways up there?

Maybe he also came across the boy’s truck while they were fishing or something on the evening of Thursday July 18th and lights it on fire.

He also comes across the instructor, runs him over, and for whatever reason loads him up, and dumps him at a highway pullout away from his vehicle.

The boys come back to their burnt truck and camper thinking Kam’s parents are going to kill them (I suspect it’s theirs). They start walking out and come across the Rav4. Thinking they’re already in trouble for the burnt truck they take off in it.

They might only think they’ve stolen a vehicle. That’s why they are polite with the guy who pulls them out and they tell him their real names. IMO, they don’t seem to be up to anything in the coop. They seem to be just looking around. They also seem to say goodbye to the worker in the red shirt as they leave.

They make it through the check spot for alcohol and ask the store clerk about it. Figuring they are going to have to pass through again if they drive out they carry on up the road and burn the Rav4 so their fingerprints etc are destroyed.

Unfortunately people who head into wilderness areas often don’t actively follow the news. Getting away from it all is one of the attractions.

That's a mistake. I have one child on a road trip right now and I told him that he needs to listen to the local news whenever he is in a new place. Whether he does that is his business, but it is his responsibility to pay attention regardless of vacation time.

This guy heard about it, but wasn’t concerned based on the language law enforcement used:

Peter Woof of Dease Lake said he had been visiting Liard Hot Springs days before news of the bodies came out, but police language was so vague he wondered if the pair had somehow succumbed to heat exhaustion from the springs.

"Certainly nothing to make one a little more alert," he said.

Echoing RCMP, Bryan said it's important to keep aspects of investigations private so as not to tip off suspects to police plans or potential evidence that could be used in pursuing charges.

But, he added, "I think calling a murder a suspicious death lowers the alert level of the public, and I don't understand that at all."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/police-privacy-public-homicide-1.5227535

Wow!!! I just don't get that at all.

If it wasn't them, who was it?
One can not assume it was not them if one can not identify who it was.
On what basis do we assume it wasn't them?

The basis for assuming that it wasn’t them, is the posture and actions of law enforcement.

If it was them, they’re all but cornered. You stay until you find them.

You don’t pull your people out, and keep your presence in Gillam.

That's a mistake. I have one child on a road trip right now and I told him that he needs to listen to the local news whenever he is in a new place. Whether he does that is his business, but it is his responsibility to pay attention regardless of vacation time.

I'm heading out camping in a couple days and I've told everyone who is coming that none of us will be going ANYWHERE without another.

Wow!!! I just don't get that at all.
And that’s my criticism here.

I think they’ve done a great job with the search effort, but the ball was clearly dropped in the early going.

You know you are dealing with a double homicide, and that a gun was involved.

You know that this was likely not a personal crime, simply based on the crime scene and its location.

You know there’s a very real danger to the public.

The interesting thing about the burned truck is that there are no remnants of anything, the camper was fiberglass and there shouldn't be anything left of that, however there would be some remnants of it if it had some sort of steel frame, if it was aluminum it would have melted too, I feel the roof distorted like that due to the heat. All of this I feel is irrelevant to the situation though and don't feel there is any conspiracy of a missing camper in those pics.....but that is just me.
The only reason I'm curious is because when it was first reported, they made it seem like a new and different truck in a different spot. Something about it being 50km from the other crime scene (which I assumed was the truck/camper spot). That could have been the shoddy reporting though...

Hard to get internet access out there. Not many newsstands, either. B.C. is known for solar-powered highway signs advising travelers about road closures, chaining up, and amber alerts. Are these on the Alaska Highway? Is there any kind of public notice board, like in national parks, near places like gas stations and stores offering free coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971